2012 DTM Champion and Sector3 Development Driver, Bruno Spengler interviewed

Recently J.F.Chardon from Sector3 reached out to me to see if I would be interested in sitting in on a private development session for their new RaceRoomExperience installment, DTM 2015. He also kindly offered me an exclusive interview with development driver and 2012 DTM German Touring car champion, Bruno Spengler.

Sim and Real World Racing
During our chat, I asked Bruno varying questions about his own comparisons between sim and real world racing. We also talked about how much the title has evolved in the time he has been involved with Sector3. After having tried the work in progress title myself, I can say that there is a marked difference between the title I tried a year or so ago and the present version! This WIP DTM 2015 installment has become much more of a true sim and even the FFB has had a positive overhaul and feels quite detailed in game. The in-car sounds are some of the best mechanical sounds in any title right now.

The video above has lots of in-game footage and a spoken interview between Bruno and myself. This video was captured using OBS software and due to this fact, the game options were deliberately set to low for stability reasons in view of the numerous people attending the session from different countries. The in-game footage is not an indication of the finished installment.

15 Ratings,But only 4 or 5 of us RD club racing,Time to come back maybe? ;), We need racers of all abilities,But I personally would really like to see some aliens return,I want really fast people to chase to improve my own skills :thumbsup:,But novices and intermediate drivers are also just as important to the club,we're a friendly bunch come and give it a go all welcome :thumbsup:.

Great interview, a bit distracting with the people talking in the background but otherwise brilliant.
Also good to hear he's enjoying R3E so much, even though I realise he's "slightly" biased :p
Cheers mate, I on purpose left a little of the development chat in the background. Wasn't meant to be distracting though. He may be biased, but I managed to get Bruno to talk about other things as well :).

Cheers AussieStig

Fantastic content. We need much more of this. Pro drivers find the modern sims invaluable in keeping their mind sharp and for track layout practice.

Superb, well done AussieStig and RD.
Hey Steve,

Thank you for your kind words and compliments mate. I will be doing my best to bring RD lots more content, including more contact with real world racers as well as sim champions.

Cheers mate, AussieStig

Hey Steve,

Thank you for your kind words and compliments mate. I will be doing my best to bring RD lots more content, including more contact with real world racers as well as sim champions.

Cheers mate, AussieStig

No probs mate, you deserve the praise. This website is full of fantastic sim racers, race drivers, and ex race drivers (Like myself). I found my sim racing heaven 18 months ago in RD and it's community and have never looked back. I miss my karting days but too long in the tooth to do it these days. RD and it's racing community has allowed me to race with like minded people and has allowed me to race with my son, something I have done in real life......crap he's fast.

No probs mate, you deserve the praise. This website is full of fantastic sim racers, race drivers, and ex race drivers (Like myself). I found my sim racing heaven 18 months ago in RD and it's community and have never looked back. I miss my karting days but too long in the tooth to do it these days. RD and it's racing community has allowed me to race with like minded people and has allowed me to race with my son, something I have done in real life......crap he's fast.
Thanks again Steve,

Great to know you enjoy sim racing and RD so much. Your testimonial is proof that RD is going in the right direction. There are so many cross over points between real and sim racing and to hear some of them from the mouths of both real and sim racing enthusiasts is really heartwarming. Stay tuned for more to come mate :)

Cheers AussieStig

Nice video dude ! Bruno is a great driver, cool to hear him talk about his sim racing experience. Funny to see he is using a g27 like i do, we should send him some pedal springs though those stock ones just suck. Need to look into this winter series though how cool would it be to race Bruno online that would be awesome. At the dtm races there is always a stand running a timetrial competition on dtm experience but most of the times they have the wheel dialed in all wrong.

Nice video dude ! Bruno is a great driver, cool to hear him talk about his sim racing experience. Funny to see he is using a g27 like i do, we should send him some pedal springs though those stock ones just suck. Need to look into this winter series though how cool would it be to race Bruno online that would be awesome. At the dtm races there is always a stand running a timetrial competition on dtm experience but most of the times they have the wheel dialed in all wrong.
Cheers Jeffrey,

Glad you liked the interview mate. It is very interesting to know what real world racers think of sim racing in general and how it helps them to be better prepared for their races.

Stay tuned for more to come mate :) Cheers AussieStig

Cheers Jeffrey,

Glad you liked the interview mate. It is very interesting to know what real world racers think of sim racing in general and how it helps them to be better prepared for their races.

Stay tuned for more to come mate :) Cheers AussieStig
If u could get a interview with Max Verstappen that would be really awsome. He is also a big fan of sim racing and a member of team redline wich he sometimes practices with to prepare for races and just have fun. But no doubt he has a very busy schedule :p

Nice job Stiggy. Not sure how big your reach is, but it would be really cool if you could interview several different drivers and find out their opinions of sim racing, if they use it, and how they use it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's very curious about what the pros think of our little hobby and which ones use it to have fun or learn/practice for the real thing. Clearly sim racing isn't 1:1 to the real thing, but I firmly believe that if a track is modeled well enough they can use it to learn a track they've never been to, at least to know the layout and get a general idea of where their braking marks. I'd love to know if many of them do this (those who don't have access to an actual team simulator).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%