2012 American GP - Guess the pole time!

Since it's going to be the very first time F1 visits the Circuit of the Americas track, I thought I'd create a little game for fun. The challenge is to make an estimate of the exact pole position time that will be driven by whoever wins the qualifying session. I'm talking about the fastest Q3 time, that's when the fastest times of the weekend are driven.

After 45 minutes of gathering statistics and calculating, here is my final prediction:
The pole position time will be a 1:38.696

I'm not letting loose which data I used or how I found it.. it's each to their own in this game :D I'm really looking forward to what times you predict and how much it deviates from others.

There's just one rule: you can make only one prediction.

So.. are you up for the challenge? Then look up all the statistics you need and grab your calculator :) Or if you don't have time, simply take a wild guess :p

EDIT: Voting/guessing laptimes is closed! Times from FP1 are known, which can be an unfair advantage to anyone voting from this point onwards. People who already submitted a time are NOT allowed to edit/change it.

Voting/guessing laptimes is closed! Times from FP1 are known, which can be an unfair advantage to anyone voting from this point onwards. People who already submitted a time are NOT allowed to edit/change it.

By the looks of it times are going to be a lot faster than some of us predicted. Eager to see who guessed the closest to the actual pole time :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back