2012 24 Hours of Le Mans

Guess its abit like KERS where they get a small boost of speed that they can use at the activation zones. :) Also gotta bear in mind that the Audi Hybrid system drives off the front wheels which means it can't be used till the car passes 120kph while the Toyota uses the rear wheels which means they have no limitations.

I am really looking forward to see the Deltawing on track in an actual race. Curious if it can live up to the expectations.

Will it crash in T1 of L1 because it doesnt steer?

422611_10150590692890168_7613480167_9370072_641561860_n.jpg

In "24 minutes of Le Mans" (I think it was tuesday) Alex Wurz stated, the Peugeots used to have a boost-button or something like that in the car. So he believes the Audis will go much quicker when forced to...

Yes but who said Toyota doesn't have one? Wurz and some of the Peugeot team has gone to Toyota which means some information will have been passed on. ;) Should also note on test day the Toyota was 10KMs faster in a straight line by the end of the Mulsanne straight.

Yes but who said Toyota doesn't have one? Wurz and some of the Peugeot team has gone to Toyota which means some information will have been passed on. ;) Should also note on test day the Toyota was 10KMs faster in a straight line by the end of the Mulsanne straight.
Sorry to disagree here: I believe you cannot press the same per cents of power more out of a petrol engine (like applying OBD-tuning to a diesel or petrol street car).
Or is this about the turbo? Then I think I don't have ever said anything:rolleyes:
The straight line top speed should be faster with a petrol on high revs compared to a Diesel engine, which has more torque (torque*revisions=power?)
Maybe someone can help me getting ´out of this discussion alive:whistling:lol

I thought the hybrid output is isolated to those certain spots, and Audi only can use it above 120kph and Toyota everywhere in those borders?
Within the zones the Toyota can use it anywhere as it uses the rear wheels for the Hybrid power train. The Audi can as well but due to the Hybrid power train using the front wheels its limited to use only above 120kph; as you can imagine trying to put extra power through the front wheels that are turning will just cause the tires to spin which in turn will cause more understeer.

Sorry to disagree here: I believe you cannot press the same per cents of power more out of a petrol engine (like applying OBD-tuning to a diesel or petrol street car).
Or is this about the turbo? Then I think I don't have ever said anything:rolleyes:
The straight line top speed should be faster with a petrol on high revs compared to a Diesel engine, which has more torque (torque*revisions=power?)
Maybe someone can help me getting ´out of this discussion alive:whistling:lol

Well i dunno if the Toyota is using a turbo as it does not mention in the tech specs, but petrol cars can use atmospheric motors as well as turbos while the diesels use turbos but this is not my area! :D Diesels will give a better torque band while having a slightly worse power band vice versa for Petrol's.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%