2012 | 100 Laps of Mid Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco Bijl

Axe Travels
100lapsmidohi1.jpg

100 Laps of Mid Ohio - INTRO & INFO

The RaceDepartment staff expects people who sign up to read this entire article!

Event: 100 laps of Mid Ohio
Date: Sunday - 22nd July 2012
Platform: rFactor2
Class: Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z, Maserati Cup 2012, Renault Megane
Track: Mid Ohio Without chicane
Broadcast: If possible
Driver Swaps: None

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to first official Racedepartment World Endurance Series event.
The Racedepartment World Endurance Series, or RDWES for short, is a series of (semi)endurance races we will hold during the year.
For this first episode, we will visit the Mid Ohio track in the USA. Mid Ohio Sports Car Course is a road course auto racing facility, located in Troy Township, Ohio US, just outside the village of Lexington. Since it’s opening in 1962, it has been optimized a few times, which results in the current layout available for rfactor2. The track is perfectly suited to host multiple classes running at once, with its wide lanes and overtake opportunities all around.
There will be NO driver swaps allowed in this event. Total race length is 100 laps, which will equal about 2.5 hours of racing.

AVAILABLE CARS
The cars available will all be from the GT classes. In addition to the GT Endurance Series by ISI, we have decided to include the Renault Megane Trophy, and the Maserati GT 2012.
RaceDepartment will try to stay up to date with the latest patches and releases of these mod’s. This list will be updated according to the latest decisions of the staff concerning implemented patches and releases.
Available choices will be:

GT1
Nissan GT-R

GT4
Nissan 370Z
Maserati GT

One-Make Racing
Renault Megane

SKINS
For this round, a custom MOD will be created. This mod will contain a few skins for each car, in Racedepartment style. Everyone is free to pick a skin from the available options.

SCHEDULE/SESSION INFO - ALL TIMES IN GMT
Official Practice: 16:30 (90 minutes)
Qualification: 18:00 (30 minutes)
Warm-up: 18:30 (5 minutes)
Race: 18:35 100 Laps

All drivers must be in the server at least 15 minutes before qualifying, anyone who joins after the start of qualifying will start from the back of their specified class with the exception of people who experience last minute technical issues. The server will be open for unofficial practice before official starting time, and will be restarted at 16:30 GMT exactly. From that moment on, the server will stay up, so a nice rubber pavement can be made.

Signups.
To sign up for this event, you must have a valid license from Racedepartment. If you sign up, we do expect you to show up!. To sign up, please take a look in the Sign Up Thread.

For now, we have limited the signup list to 28 entrants. If needed, we can expand that number with an additional 20 drivers, so all can have a go at this.

Notes.
· Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited in the chat. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
· If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
· We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3, download here. Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy friendly way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically, Log in here
· Please take into account that rFactor 2 is still in beta stage and that technical problems might occur. If you spot a bug please post a (constructive) report in the dedicated bug forum here.

Ok, as you wish :) Your wish is my command :p :p :p

Anyway, on a more serious note.

Make sure you are at build 90 if the game. Latest update (85 - 90) - Click here

- Track - Download here.
- Renault Meganes - Download here and update 1.1. here (install both 1.0 and 1.1)
- Maserati - Download here (install both components sound and vehicle)
- World Endurance Series - Download here and update 1.1 here (install both 1.0 and 1.1)

Any questions, just ask :)

Works perfectly now, thanks a lot

Maybe a idea to put links like this in any rfactor(2) game 1# post => files used
Then a lot of questions and time will be saved.

But Thanks again!!!

Maybe a stupid question, but did you overclock your PC or GPU? I have had the same when I was running my 2.8 Ghz on 3.5 ;). Turned it back to 3.4 Ghz, and now all is fine again.
Same with my GPU. When I put it to the max it can have in memory speed and mhz, it runs fine for a while, but then the screen gets disrupted. Perhaps thats the issue?
Well the only thing that I've done to my PC I've just unlocked the 2 locked cores (from phenom 550 x2 to 950 x4), never before gave me any problems and if I'd turn it off most of my programs would probably lag badly and I'd say rF2 especially (3.2 Ghz degault if I recall correctly) . My Gpu stays at defaults, no point for overclocking it :)

Hi there ... hoping to get some advise from you hardcore racers.
how good must you be before Joining this race because i am Mr Noob at the moment and dont want to start off on the wrong foot at RD

I didn't see any info about it, or maybe I just missed it. Anyway, how about server reset? Will it happen before the start of the quali [green track in Q, no rubber on it] or will it be before official practice [time to rubber the track and Q on the rubbered track]?

Tomasz,
the server will be resetted, before the whole event. The track should grippy as qualy starts.
Last monday we forgot to set the race distance to 35 minutes, else we would have ran 100 laps! :D

Ok, test server is down, server with official mod is up.

Download for the official mod: -> Click here
Password for the server is in the password thread (Click here)

There is 1 thing. The Maserati is NOT with a skinpack. There are issues creating it, and the maker of the mod is on holiday, and can;t help with an update before monday. So, I included 2 2011 and 2 2012 cars (as I do not know which one you practised with :)).

seem to be having a few issues with loading into the official server. Works fine when there is no-one in the room, but both times I tried to enter the room today while someone is already there it crashes. I get past the loading screen into the room, but it just freezes in the garage, and I have to close the rFactor window.

Worrying as the practice server worked fine for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline