2012 | 100 Laps of Mid Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco Bijl

Axe Travels
100lapsmidohi1.jpg

100 Laps of Mid Ohio - INTRO & INFO

The RaceDepartment staff expects people who sign up to read this entire article!

Event: 100 laps of Mid Ohio
Date: Sunday - 22nd July 2012
Platform: rFactor2
Class: Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z, Maserati Cup 2012, Renault Megane
Track: Mid Ohio Without chicane
Broadcast: If possible
Driver Swaps: None

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to first official Racedepartment World Endurance Series event.
The Racedepartment World Endurance Series, or RDWES for short, is a series of (semi)endurance races we will hold during the year.
For this first episode, we will visit the Mid Ohio track in the USA. Mid Ohio Sports Car Course is a road course auto racing facility, located in Troy Township, Ohio US, just outside the village of Lexington. Since it’s opening in 1962, it has been optimized a few times, which results in the current layout available for rfactor2. The track is perfectly suited to host multiple classes running at once, with its wide lanes and overtake opportunities all around.
There will be NO driver swaps allowed in this event. Total race length is 100 laps, which will equal about 2.5 hours of racing.

AVAILABLE CARS
The cars available will all be from the GT classes. In addition to the GT Endurance Series by ISI, we have decided to include the Renault Megane Trophy, and the Maserati GT 2012.
RaceDepartment will try to stay up to date with the latest patches and releases of these mod’s. This list will be updated according to the latest decisions of the staff concerning implemented patches and releases.
Available choices will be:

GT1
Nissan GT-R

GT4
Nissan 370Z
Maserati GT

One-Make Racing
Renault Megane

SKINS
For this round, a custom MOD will be created. This mod will contain a few skins for each car, in Racedepartment style. Everyone is free to pick a skin from the available options.

SCHEDULE/SESSION INFO - ALL TIMES IN GMT
Official Practice: 16:30 (90 minutes)
Qualification: 18:00 (30 minutes)
Warm-up: 18:30 (5 minutes)
Race: 18:35 100 Laps

All drivers must be in the server at least 15 minutes before qualifying, anyone who joins after the start of qualifying will start from the back of their specified class with the exception of people who experience last minute technical issues. The server will be open for unofficial practice before official starting time, and will be restarted at 16:30 GMT exactly. From that moment on, the server will stay up, so a nice rubber pavement can be made.

Signups.
To sign up for this event, you must have a valid license from Racedepartment. If you sign up, we do expect you to show up!. To sign up, please take a look in the Sign Up Thread.

For now, we have limited the signup list to 28 entrants. If needed, we can expand that number with an additional 20 drivers, so all can have a go at this.

Notes.
· Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited in the chat. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
· If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
· We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3, download here. Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy friendly way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically, Log in here
· Please take into account that rFactor 2 is still in beta stage and that technical problems might occur. If you spot a bug please post a (constructive) report in the dedicated bug forum here.

The mod is made for Meganes 1.1, Maserati 0.4, World Endurance 1.1.

You need to have all those installed, and the MidOhio track offcourse. Only then you can install the mod from the server.

Since the last updates (build 85 and up), ISI has changed the system. When updating a nmod, previous versions will be removed, and only the last version is accesable. No clue why they did this though.

The Meganes @ Mid Ohio test mod is not the one you need for this.

To manually install the correct mod, do the following:
- Make sure you have all cars installed in the versions mentioned above
- Make sure you have Mid Ohio installed.
- Download the mod here, and place it in the package directory
- Start the mod manager, and install the mod.
- Join the server.

dangit Marco it seems you're finally making me buy this game with your silly events :D
this sounds really awesome :)
Hahahaha The game deserves it Jonas. It's such a blast driving around in. This is just the start. Once we get the driver swaps enabled, the events will become more and more crazy :p :p

got it working thanks Marco :) Only needed the mod you posted.
Unable to join the server as per passwords post though
Click here for the passwords Tiens :)

Probably if not for the amount of people racing Megane's that'd be my pick, but I like the Nissan too so better to have people in fairly equal propotions for each class :)

Anyway I've found some sort of bug, which only happened to me in B90, It's actually pretty weird, it happenes on track or in the menu but only happened in the Multiplayer so far. What happenes is I completely lose any sort of control of the game through keyboard or wheel, so if I'm on track and I'm outside and pressing num4 to turn camera left it would keep on turning, I'd hear the engine stuck at revs and the car would stop in place, as would all the other cars. Trackside objects would still be moving while in menu if I click to maximise the spec window in top right it does it, I can go to garage but when I click the "leave track" button, my cursor changes to the r logo and I cannot do anything as it never goes to the menus. Also if I'm on track while it happenes I cannot press esc to come back to garage. I did wait for about 3-5 minutes to see if I get "connection lost" but the state of the game just persisted. I have to turn off the actual process of the game to turn it off. I got it over last few days, I have reinstalled my rF2 for different reasons about 3 times in the last week, yet with every install it persists. It happenes at random, once today on the actual RD Mid-Ohio server it happened to me twice in matter of about 5 minutes. then again twice after that on public servers. I don't know if it's only my issue but just wanted to warn anyone if they encounter that, or maybe somone will know if there is solution to it. Hope this will not intefere with my race as it did few times already when I was at the grid for some public server races.

keep trying to install rd mod now for more then 2 hours, but still get same message in mod manager
Did u do like here?
The mod is made for Meganes 1.1, Maserati 0.4, World Endurance 1.1.

You need to have all those installed, and the MidOhio track offcourse. Only then you can install the mod from the server.

Since the last updates (build 85 and up), ISI has changed the system. When updating a nmod, previous versions will be removed, and only the last version is accesable. No clue why they did this though.

The Meganes @ Mid Ohio test mod is not the one you need for this.

To manually install the correct mod, do the following:
- Make sure you have all cars installed in the versions mentioned above
- Make sure you have Mid Ohio installed.
- Download the mod here, and place it in the package directory
- Start the mod manager, and install the mod.
- Join the server.
it worked for me

@Frans van der Linden,

Can you right click on the mod, and click on properties. Then click the Advanced button.
There should be a list there of all the components used, including which one is installed, and more important, which one isn't ;).
Check there what the issue is, and let me know, so we can help from there,

Probably if not for the amount of people racing Megane's that'd be my pick, but I like the Nissan too so better to have people in fairly equal propotions for each class :)

Anyway I've found some sort of bug, which only happened to me in B90, It's actually pretty weird, it happenes on track or in the menu but only happened in the Multiplayer so far. What happenes is I completely lose any sort of control of the game through keyboard or wheel, so if I'm on track and I'm outside and pressing num4 to turn camera left it would keep on turning, I'd hear the engine stuck at revs and the car would stop in place, as would all the other cars. Trackside objects would still be moving while in menu if I click to maximise the spec window in top right it does it, I can go to garage but when I click the "leave track" button, my cursor changes to the r logo and I cannot do anything as it never goes to the menus. Also if I'm on track while it happenes I cannot press esc to come back to garage. I did wait for about 3-5 minutes to see if I get "connection lost" but the state of the game just persisted. I have to turn off the actual process of the game to turn it off. I got it over last few days, I have reinstalled my rF2 for different reasons about 3 times in the last week, yet with every install it persists. It happenes at random, once today on the actual RD Mid-Ohio server it happened to me twice in matter of about 5 minutes. then again twice after that on public servers. I don't know if it's only my issue but just wanted to warn anyone if they encounter that, or maybe somone will know if there is solution to it. Hope this will not intefere with my race as it did few times already when I was at the grid for some public server races.
Maybe a stupid question, but did you overclock your PC or GPU? I have had the same when I was running my 2.8 Ghz on 3.5 ;). Turned it back to 3.4 Ghz, and now all is fine again.
Same with my GPU. When I put it to the max it can have in memory speed and mhz, it runs fine for a while, but then the screen gets disrupted. Perhaps thats the issue?

guys,

sorry that i didnt give more info last night ( to tired.. )
but when i do what Marco says, i only have the track installed all others are red... not installed.
dl the Meganes 1.1 but it seems not to work, The maserati i can not find.
I look like a newB, but maybe it is more easy for me ( and all others )
that the correct links are given for dl-ing all the used files?

Before those are given (hint) is search myself
T.i.a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back