2011 Scandinavian Touring Car Championship

Rickard Rydell is Joining the Chevrolet team in the next years Scandinavian TCC, I always wanted to see him in STCC again and it's a good thing it turned out to be Scandinavian TCC with more drivers and better competitions. :rolleyes:

Hi guys.

I watched the first round of the 2011 STCC a couple of weeks ago on http://svtplay.se.

It was good coverage although I couldn't understand the commentary. I like the STCC and with the addition of 3 former BTCC champions to of which are brits I would like to watch the series all the way through this year.

Anyway I went to http://svtplay.se today to watch round 2 and they are no longer allowing people outside of Sweden to watch the online replays:bad:.

Does anyone know where else I could get to watch this excellent TC series?

I just tried the round 1 coverage and I can still watch it!!!

Maybe I have to wait a couple of days, but if anyone knows somewhere else just in case then I'd be grateful to know:good:.

That's frustrating, especially when a Norwegian is driving, and the races is supposed to go on the nordic Viasat Motor channel, but the races went live on TV10 (swedish only) channel last time :( sux :(

Polestar Racing have contracted Gabriele Tarquini to drive their C30 in the remaining rounds of the STCC. The Italian replaces James Thompson.

According to Autosport James Thomson is parting ways with Polestar completely, I guess there goes the rumours of seeing him back in a Volvo in WTCC next year?

Any idea if Tarquini will do both WTCC and STCC, or drop WTCC for the rest of the year BTW?

Anyway, lucky Swedes. 4 touring car legends, Tarquini, Turkington, Rydell and Giovanardi challenging the series' finest drivers for the remainer of the season: Goransson, Nillson, Ekblom, Rustad, etc. Could've been a much worse line-up. Hopefully the show isn't gonna be screwed with the introduction of the silly Silhouette next year.

I think he'll do both series this year and become the 2nd drivers of the polestar team in wtcc next year.

STCC however is splitting up i've read?

i hope Volvo have a big budget for spare parts the amount of cars that old fool is gonna hit. Also TTA isnt real touring cars, cheap tacky alternative.

Volkswagen is going to run two teams in the 2012 Scandinavian Touring Car Championship. Two cars for Team Biogas.se with Jordi Gené and Johan Kristoffersson and two cars for IPS Motorsport with Johan Stureson and Patrik Olsson.
"We are going to have a common employer, but both teams are going to be entered for the team championship. We are going to be next to each other in the pits, but not under the same roof," said Biogas.se Team Principal Tommy Kristoffersson.
source

Still dont understand why VW participates in national and regional championships and misses out on the top series WTCC. It cannot be because of Seat anymore as with the last years SunRed Team Seat was hardly involved anymore.

Great to see Gene back into touring car racing though. Will really boost the development of the VW Scirocco like he did with the TDI Leon years back.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%