2011 GT1 World Championship

AUDI_R8_SPA.jpg

The new Audi R8 LMS ultra will compete in the 2012 FIA GT1 World Championship in a two-car entry run by the highly-successful Belgium outfit Team WRT.

A decision by the FIA GT Commission and the World Motor Sport Council to harmonize the FIA GT1 World and FIA GT3 European Championship’s regulations has paved the way for entries in the shape of the Audi R8 LMS.
So for 2012, together with WRT, the the Audi R8 LMS ultra will challenge for a world title for the first time.

Source

Cool, looking forward to it. :) Do they have any intention of running this car in endurance races too? (ALMS, WEC, etc.) Seeing as how Audi's been pretty strong in that field for a while now.

The GT1's are not longer allowed in the ACO series I think. Only Prototypes and GT2's. Shame though as this really hurts the FIA GT1 and of course us the fans who love those brutal GT1 cars :)

Aw that's a shame :( Ah well, either way, best of luck to the guys competing with the GT1 Audis. :)

In fact, I think they may have inspired me to take the GT Pro R8 for a few races in GTR Evolution, as I guess it's the closest thing we have to a virtual version of this car right now. ^^

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back