2011 Formula One Turkish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember watchin races with only 3-4 overtakings but now I cant count how many cars overtaked the other thats really shame if this tracak gets out of calender hope eccelston and turkish authotities can find a solution...
Indeed m8, Ecclestone did say he'll sort something out, he said it would be a shame to see it go(yet he was the one who put the price up massively)

73 pit stops according to the BBC commentary.

They need to restrict the red bulls or something to make it fair, it's getting silly now!
it was a good race indeed, & they did do 73 pit stops :)

They need to restrict the red bulls? come on man this is motor racing here at it's best, they are within the limits & invest in their car, the other teams have as much time & commitment(resources as red bull)... im sorry but that's just stupid.

I agree with more strict rules. BAN any flexibility in the wings and plz take off KERS and let the driver use his skills while using the sliptream to pass.

Nono! Then racing will go back to it's boring self, I love all the passing, makes racing way more exciting than the 2006/2007/2008 days where there would be one pass every 5 laps.

z_vett_redb_ista_2011-7-470x319.jpg

iRacing-Logo.png

Coincidence? :tongue:

i enjoyed the race yesterday although think the drs activation should have been after T11 to make that a bit closer.

KERS i like, but pump it up an unrestrict its use - those with more efficiency will get a bonus of power or running less fuel etc...

Kerb the redbulls? gah! what a funny comment! no one complained when Ferrari had their dominance or when Williams had Mansell in the FW14B? other teams need to catch up or tempt newey away with a big fat cheque book. :)

The challenge of the tyres is maybe a bit on the side of too many stops but the races are interesting all the same.

all we need now is rain at barca to try and make that an interesting one. those tyres looked like they could be fun!

For me some of the overtaking (after the DRS activation zone) was way too easy, as Button said in a post race interview, you are not racing anymore once the guy behind has his drs activated + condition of tyres (or words to that effect!).

If you are within one second of the car in front anyway, you'll get a good slipstream, plus KERS, plus possible differences in tyre conditions. I'm beginning to think there is no need for the DRS on top of all that.

If Jenson was on a 4-stop, he wouldn't have been so vulnerable. It wasn't because DRS and KERS made it too easy. It was because his tyres were fried and he was making sure he made it to the chequered flag rather than pushing to defend and risking a DNF

For me some of the overtaking (after the DRS activation zone) was way too easy, as Button said in a post race interview, you are not racing anymore once the guy behind has his drs activated + condition of tyres (or words to that effect!).

If you are within one second of the car in front anyway, you'll get a good slipstream, plus KERS, plus possible differences in tyre conditions. I'm beginning to think there is no need for the DRS on top of all that.

I agree with all this. The racing in my opinion has become a bit artificial where the drs is allowed. The one thing we have seen this year though is overtaking on other parts of the circuit where there is no drs. Perhaps thats down to the combination of KERS and the tyres so maybe it would be just as good without drs :)

They have improved F1 Dramatically from the "old boring races" to more "interesting races" .... but they have brought all of this to soon on top of eachother, they should have drawn a line & introduced each one at different seasons, the sport is to artificial, i loved watching the race very interesting but it was ridiclous cars overtaking constantly at the same part.... they messed up the "Activation zone"

I think there are two kinds of DRS overtaking:

- Miscalculated zone: the cars are able to overtake before the braking, so it looks too easy and artificial.

- Well calculated zone: the DRS just gives the car following the opportunity to take the followed car slipstream, so they arrive in parallel to the braking zone and the best one braking takes the position. This is how it was before the F1 became too aero-dependant, and the DRS just compensates this.

The difficult part is to find the perfect balance, but still the DRS looks as a good thing to me.

Any way you slice it, I have been enjoying this years races much more than those in recent years past.

Now, what they need to do is allow a certain number of tires for the race, and let the qually tires be separate, to keep that interesting. Up till this year, qualifying was one of the most suspenseful parts of the weekend. Hate to see that go to save tires...

I think the teams should be made to choose one type of tyre for qualifying.
So they have the choice of:

-Prime tyres in qualifying, having more sets of Options available for the race, but putting qualifying position at risk.
(One set could possibly last all 3 qualifying sessions, this could mix up the mid-field as well)
-Option tyres in qualifying, having less sets available for the race, but a stronger qualifying position.
(Teams would quite possibly burn 2 or even 3 sets in qualifying, leaving lower/mid-field teams with more sets for the race)

But still keeping the rule of having to use both compounds in the race.
This would make qualifying exciting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%