2011 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schumacher/Perez incident:
Totally not happy, being the Schumacher fan i am i gotta admit Perez was breaking just a tad early don't you think? Surely he could see Schumacher was going for the inside so why brake infront of him? He's lucky Schumacher didnt do a webber or we could of had a very bad accident, i'dd rule it as a racing incident.

Massa/Hamilton incident:
Don't think it warranted a penalty to be honest, yeah it was abit foolish but if Hamilton gets a penalty for that, then why didnt Rosberg for shoving Perez off the track by simply hitting the Sauber into the run off?
At first i didnt agree with Hamilton claiming that the FIA are against him but it looks quite clear that there is some favouritism.

Well, Massa was clearly on the inside, and Hamilton turned the car on him, and caused a puncture. That's far worse than what Rosberg did with Perez, even if it wasn't nice either!
BTW I think the 2008 Fuji incident wasn't Massa's fault either. Look, Massa had the inside line there again, and Hamilton didn't leave space at all, Massa even cut over the curbs to avoid contact but it wasn't enough.

Thing is, Hamilton always drove like everyone should stand out of his way! That's why I don't like his driving style, agressivity is one thing, f.e. Kobayashi can do agressive overtaking without trying to kill people's races. (and that I like)

On the Fuji incident.
When I stop the video on 0.14 I get the impression that Massa is clearly behind Hamilton but since Massa cuts the track he gets to Hamiltons rear and there for colision. But I belive if Massa would not cut the track like that his front would you probably be touching Hamiltons rear. (Btw 0.07 is the same time as 0.14)

I belive that the gap that Hamilton gives Massa is enough for Massa to not cut the track like that. (Watch 0.08)

I'll try to find a video that shows that accident from Massa's onboard camera. From there it was clear that Massa wasn't behind Hamilton there, his front wheels were clearly ahead Hamilton's rears. And Hamilton simply took the ideal line like there was nobody there.

But that doesn't even matter as it doesn't change the fact that Hamilton deserved this penalty, if he didn't turn into Massa's rear end there would be no accident, he could do it with ease.

BTW the Schumacher Perez accident was another strange one as I think Perez wasn't braking there, or at least it seemed to me. Schumacher just accelerated over his car. Well, the commentary said it was probably that he expected Perez pulling to the left faster, and misjudged the gap.

• Deleted member 6919

Hamilton done nout wrong, tried to get back behind him again for the corner, slight misjudgement, didn't warrant penalty..Massa was out of order back at the pit interviews on two occasions, hopefully they will make it up as they are good friends, Massa move teams, or you will become another (Barrichello No.2) under that thing called Alonso...

I wish every F1 driver were like Hamilton! That would be so fantastic to watch :)
Agreed, i thought the penalty was absolutely ridiculous, he never done it on purpsose and it ruined his race aswell as massa's which is unfortunate.

Hamilton is one of them Driver's who likes to take risk overtaking, he has balls, just like senna had during his career, i see a similarity between the two.

Since there has been great feedback and it's a nice addition to these Threads, i will continue to bring you all live up to date Pictures!

I wish every F1 driver were like Hamilton! That would be so fantastic to watch :)

The first 20 minutes, sure, then you will see the only surviving car doing laps alone for another hour XD

I never liked Senna though, despite the legend created around him, which I believe is mostly because he died young like a rockstar, a driver that crashes into another 100% on propose to win a championship and after being DQ instead of say sorry makes a BS talk about his will to win, which includes to risk other driver's life and a total disrespect for the rules and the fair play, for me it's a looser, "the first of the loosers" to be precise.

Schumi gets bashed for less than that but hey, it's Senna, it's a religion, very similar to what LH was at the begining in UK, he was perfect, a God.

Hamilton done nout wrong, tried to get back behind him again for the corner, slight misjudgement, didn't warrant penalty..Massa was out of order back at the pit interviews on two occasions, hopefully they will make it up as they are good friends, Massa move teams, or you will become another (Barrichello No.2) under that thing called Alonso...

Almost every driver will become a nr 2 under alonso because "that thing" is just better than them.

Hamilton needs to improve a lot if he wants to be WDC again, the situation is not 2008 without RBR fighting for wins and a quite weak Ferrari, is way harder nowadays, and this mistakes aren't a possibility if you want to win the champ. This year his teammate outperformed him.

He also ruined his 2007 title with stupid mistakes when he had everything on his side, he was a clear nr1 with the team even making boycot to his teammate... but he went to the gravel entering pits at China, he went mad in Brazil trying to overtake Fernando and then made that weird thing with the buttons... he's very fast and great overtaker but this is his weak point.

F1 is a joke. Seriously overrated. Lewis Hamilton is becoming a wasted talent in a rich boys play thing. It's a joke when Senna replaces Heidfeld who is a superior driver... but his name isn't Senna. Maldonado getting a drive over Hulkenberg because he brings more cash to the able. It's all wrong. I thought F1 was supposed to be the top Motorsport, the best cars, the best tracks, the best drivers etc. Yet we have some tracks which create the most boring races ever. Cars which have some crazy restrictions, and the field is so widely spread. While the drivers are all decent drivers in their own right, it seems like the true talent is being suppressed. People say the Pirelli tires have created an amazing season. I think they have made it boring and frustrating to watch at times. I know tire management is a skill in itself, but it doesn't look like any driver can actually look after them better than any of the others. Martin Brundle is a hypocrite, he said F1 would be boring when refuelling stopped as it would all be about who could look after their tires. Now he is bowing down to Pirelli for this very 'fact'. This whole Hamilton saga is just the icing on the cake. I personally just wish he'd leave F1 like Raikkonen, it would be a big loss to F1. The likes of Massa who was very childish with his remarks after the race can be left to drive round and round with no action.

F1 is a joke. Seriously overrated. Lewis Hamilton is becoming a wasted talent in a rich boys play thing. It's a joke when Senna replaces Heidfeld who is a superior driver... but his name isn't Senna. Maldonado getting a drive over Hulkenberg because he brings more cash to the able. It's all wrong. I thought F1 was supposed to be the top Motorsport, the best cars, the best tracks, the best drivers etc. Yet we have some tracks which create the most boring races ever.

Agree in almost everything, except about Heidfeld!

Why is Hamilton becoming wasted?

He's making his own mistakes by his own fault, and wasting his chances of winning, I don't think he can blame anybody else.

Again it seems everybody has to move over so Hamilton can show us how special he is. He did a mistake, for me not worthy (like 90% of the "causing collision" ones) of punishement, but his race was compromised by his own move, and he compromised Felipe Massa's one, certainly wasn't Massa's fault.

The F1 is far from perfect this days, but that has nothing to do with Hamilton's performance, F1 was already like this when he joined the show in 2007 come on :rolleyes:

Actually Senna performs slightly better than Heidfeld did this season, at least if you compare him to Petrov. It's another thing that Renault seems to lost something as their performance in this race was a joke. I will not be surprised if Force India finishes this season ahead them.

Hamilton has brought every single peiece of criticism about him upon himself - he gets himself into positions where any other driver would react normally - but he tries to go beyond his and the cars abilities by placing his car in positions that will never end in a clean pass. I feel the penalty gained by Hamilton was substantial, not because of the contact made - but by the effect it had on Massa's race - basically he cost Massa around 8 points on Sunday - and that needs punished. The sooner Hamilton clams down and goes back to his 2009-2010 days of being a sensational driver; the better. I feel he will fight back strong in 2012, and possibly win the title if McLaren field a strong car - but untill he does that, Button is the better championship contender and Driver #1 for McLaren.

From 2007 to 2010 I have not seen such aggresive and disrespectful Hamilton as this year. I am really disapointed because the guy got talent shows it in the wrong way. As Ross mentioned, Hamilton have brought every single criticism about him upon himself and he keeps making things worse.

But my question is, how have Hamilton all of a sudden dropped so low? Is it the media that makes us belive that Hamilton have dropped lower then he really have? And how have Hamilton become this aggresive all of a sudden? (Sure he have been aggresive on the past but not in the same way as this year)

Just imagen how many points he would have gathered if he wasn't driving this aggresivly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back