2011 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG KOvalanien why did you backed out! a nice kiss would of been better! . Overall Jensons pace in the last 4 laps was amazing....if only rookies knew to get out of the way under a blue flag, i mean they go engineers watching the race -.-'. If Jenson wasnt held up like he was there was a probability that he would of passed Vettel at one point. But THank you Jenson for not giving Vettel the title. All he can hope for are engine failures.

Surprise surprise another week has come where you are calling for some driver to purposely crash into Vettel. Should I be surprised that a gamer thinks nothing about purposely crashing into some other driver? After in games one only needs to hit the reset button to have another go. Remind me never ever to share a real world race track with you. Keep your weekly "I hate Vettel" rhetoric coming Diego. We surely would not want you to stop showing us what a partisan that you are (I laugh at how the fans are way more partisan than the actual teams and the actual drivers are).

As far as Button is concerned, Jenson is a fantastic racer (definitely more reliable than Hamilton) and yes Jenson was catching Vettel at the end of the race. But catching and passing are two different things and did you fail to notice that Vettel also lost similar time to these back markers the way Button did? You can't pass on every corner at Singapore. So both Vettel and Button needed to be patient waiting for the right time to lap the back markers. A great drive from both Vettel and Button. Both drivers have tons of skill and tons of class.

Surprise surprise another week has come where you are calling for some driver to purposely crash into Vettel. Should I be surprised that a gamer thinks nothing about purposely crashing into some other driver? After in games one only needs to hit the reset button to have another go. Remind me never ever to share a real world race track with you. Keep your weekly "I hate Vettel" rhetoric coming Diego. We surely would not want you to stop showing us what a partisan that you are (I laugh at how the fans are way more partisan than the actual teams and the actual drivers are)

You are actually surprised at his 5 year old approach? :L

Anyway Hamilton really needs to stop getting into crashes, then blaming the stewards for being biast against him, he gets drive through penalties all the time - not because the stewards don't like him - but because he keeps getting himself into stupid collisions. He needs to stop driving like you would in karts, I'm actually shocked how maturely he stepped up to F1 in 2007, but it has been a downward spiral for him ever since he won the championship.

Even in qualifying he tried to pass Massa, and nearly cuased an accident. I am supporting Massa in his actions 100% - Lewis keeps acting like a spoilt brat, I really do not like his attitude.

Diego, you really make the few of us from North America look bad

That being said, my thoughts on the race

Vettel - he makes me wonder more and more each race if history wont look back and find something we all miss, sure the guy is amazing and races flawlessly, but that cant be it, there has to be more to the story, making a second a lap in the beginning, thats just insane. On the flip side, more power to him, he is running away with the title, no question

Webber - I am starting to think those bad starts are aimed at slowing down whomever the "team" thinks the biggest threat to Vettel will be.

Ferrari - Seems so strange to have a team so close to the front be so invisible, sure they had some good moments but they almost felt like place holders between McLaren/Red Bull

Button - Seemed just inches away at times, always slow cars sitting inbetween him and vettel giving vettel just enough time to pull out ahead, though at the end it makes me wonder had the slow cars not been there, would Vettel just have sped up?

Hamilton - had the race of the night as far as I am concerned, he kept getting pushed back, and kept pushing back up, I swear he overtook more than anyone. I didnt see the collision between him and massa as a major sin, seemed like a mild misjudge of space.

It is truly insane how much faster vettel is than everyone, racing for 2nd everyone is. I wonder if that kind of dominance will continue or if he is a flash in the pan.

I take that you are both professional drivers then.

No not a professional race car driver, just someone who does hit the real world race tracks from time to time at the amateur level. Lewis Hamilton is a hard racer, and he occasionally gets himself into trouble because he tries so hard. Jenson Button is also a hard racer, but Button knows where the line is and you rarely see him cross it. You can't win if you don't finish and there are real world consequences for things we do on the real world tracks.

Vettel fan boys.

Yes I am a fan of Vettel. I am also a Button fan and a fan of several other drivers. There are drivers that I would prefer NOT to see them win races (that is why this year has been such a good year for me LOL). But if they do win the races, they win. I sure as hell am not going to be calling for other drivers to purposely cause crashes in the races all because someone I don't want to see win, wins. Only the worst of the worst possible scenario will stop Vettel from winning this year. The Vettel haters need to accept that the fat lady is very much singing and instead of asking for crashes, just look forward to their preferred drivers having a better season in 2012.

That being said, my thoughts on the race

Webber - I am starting to think those bad starts are aimed at slowing down whomever the "team" thinks the biggest threat to Vettel will be.

If Red Bull wanted to use Webber, they would make sure Vettel was in the lead with Webber a solid 2nd place. Webber's bad start today did not slow down Button and Alonso. It did however throw a huge wrench in Hamilton's plans for the race. Hamilton would not have been so far back (was he 6th or was it 7th after the first turn) had Webber not had such a poor start.

If Red Bull wanted to use Webber, they would make sure Vettel was in the lead with Webber a solid 2nd place. Webber's bad start today did not slow down Button and Alonso. It did however throw a huge wrench in Hamilton's plans for the race. Hamilton would not have been so far back (was he 6th or was it 7th after the first turn) had Webber not had such a poor start.
I don't really care about this topic I just want to mention that Hamilton is out of the championship as long as Vettel wins (I might be wrong as I haven't done the math yet) but Hamilton could be used by Mclaren to slow Vettel and get Button through to the lead.

But I would seriously not thing so because it is not likely to happen.

I just want to mention that Hamilton is out of the championship as long as Vettel wins (I might be wrong as I haven't done the math yet) but Hamilton could be used by Mclaren to slow Vettel and get Button through to the lead.

Hamilton was eliminated today as was Webber and Alonso. Only two drivers can win this year. Vettel who only needs to pick up one point in the five remaining races or Button who must win all five races and hope Vettel does not pick up a single point. Nope the fat lady is singing and singing very loudly even though Button is still mathematically alive with the slimmest of margins.

I wonder what Hamilton will say about the Massa Incident, I think we can safely say that the media will be all over it like a rash. I feel sorry for Hamilton at times.....

Yeah me to. I am not for Hamilton really. But looks like its never oke.
First he was to agressive, people complained. Then at Monza people said "i want the old Lewis back".
And now he drives again like the old Hamilton and it starts all over again. Gets abit boring imo. :)

Wasnt nice by Massa btw. That sarcastic comment.
Imo i dont know what he is doing anymore in F1. He was great in 2008 and it was his only shot ever to win the championship. But after the incident in 2009 we never saw the old Massa back. When was he for the last time on the podium? Bahrain 2010? :)

Wasnt nice by Massa btw. That sarcastic comment.
Imo i dont know what he is doing anymore in F1. He was great in 2008 and it was his only shot ever to win the championship. But after the incident in 2009 we never saw the old Massa back. When was he for the last time on the podium? Bahrain 2010? :)

Massa was on the podium 5 times in 2010 with the last time being at the Korean Grand Prix where he finished in 3rd.

@Ivo Simons: You're just bitter. Yeah, Massa isn't the same anymore but can you blame the guy? If you got hit with an object while driving 250 or something kmh, having to let your team mate pass you one year would you feel good and drive good? Hamilton took it a bit too far. Yeah, I agree. I too like Hamilton's driving but being aggressive doesn't mean you have to pass a car in front of you immediately even if you bump into him.

And for the chances of Button winning the Championship from Vettel.. The day that Vettel makes a mistake or his car gives up will be the day that the Earth collapses and we will all go down. Soo yeaahh. Not gonna happen.

@ MY993C2 Ah oke not so long ago then. :)
But this season its getting more clear to me that Alonso is really the number 1 driver. But offcourse they wont say it. :)

@ Mario. Why do you call me right away bitter? When i see something different. We all need to stop with these personal attacks.
And discuss in a normal fashion. :)

@ Mario. Why do you call me right away bitter? When i see something different. We all need to stop with these personal attacks.
And discuss in a normal fashion. :)
+1 im getting fed up of these attacks here with members.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, respect it, you can argue about it but attacking members is a nono, i might start reporting people for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%