2011 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew Red Bull were holding back, what a tease but I really hope Maclaren, Ferrari or just Webber wins the WC. Horrible accident for Perez, they need to fix the bumps...even if its a street circuit, thats something Senna would of want if he were to be alive still and witnessed the accidents. Anyways shame Lewis isnt top 5, if Jenson can block Vettel by turn 1 and runhim into the barriers I would be more than happy.

I knew Red Bull were holding back, what a tease but I really hope Maclaren, Ferrari or just Webber wins the WC. Horrible accident for Perez, they need to fix the bumps...even if its a street circuit, thats something Senna would of want if he were to be alive still and witnessed the accidents. Anyways shame Lewis isnt top 5, if Jenson can block Vettel by turn 1 and runhim into the barriers I would be more than happy.

Thats not nice, we dont need another incident like the perez and rosberg, but indeed that bump needs attention, two incidents involving it in same qualifying session? its definitely wrong.

Pfffff...

They just need to be more careful there... There was only ONE fatality at Monaco and it was in 1967, Lorenzo Bandini... A strange crash on top of this...

Will we cry everytime a driver gets injured ? I mean, it's motorsport after all, there will always be injury... And if you want to stop that, give them robots to drive the cars...

breathe a sigh of relief, chap is fine, just a concussion to the leg and a brain concussion, nothing broken, no back injuries, there is even talk of him maybe taking part tomorrow, though the way brain concussions develop I doubt that very much, they are usually worse on the day following the incident and then get better.

if Jenson can block Vettel by turn 1 and run him into the barriers I would be more than happy.

So Vettel puts down an absolutely fantastic qualifying lap and your response is "Button needs to purposely cause an accident just so that Vettel is taken out of the race?" Wow ... please remind me never to share the track with you. Oh and if you are nothing more than a virtual driver pretending to be a racer, you need to understand in the real world, there are consequences to driving like an idiot and those consequences could be life threatening.

Fortunately Jenson Button is a class act and he will not purposely cause an accident all because Vettel happens to be the championship leader. Unlike a certain poster, here is hoping the race start is incident free and let's hope the best team/driver wins.

breathe a sigh of relief, chap is fine, just a concussion to the leg and a brain concussion, nothing broken, no back injuries, there is even talk of him maybe taking part tomorrow, though the way brain concussions develop I doubt that very much, they are usually worse on the day following the incident and then get better.

In F1, they never let a driver that has suffered concussion take part in that race. It just so happens that they are keeping Sergio in hospital overnight, so he wouldn't be able to anyway.

On another note, anybody getting sick of Hamilton's whining?

Thats not nice, we dont need another incident like the perez and rosberg, but indeed that bump needs attention, two incidents involving it in same qualifying session? its definitely wrong.

I didnt mean him like Push him and Crash him..i meant by Turn 1, the slowest of the turns after the lights go out, I mean by like really trying to intimidate him kinda of what Alonso did in Singapore in 2010...and i meant nothign harsh towards vettel.

So Vettel puts down an absolutely fantastic qualifying lap and your response is "Button needs to purposely cause an accident just so that Vettel is taken out of the race?" Wow ... please remind me never to share the track with you. Oh and if you are nothing more than a virtual driver pretending to be a racer, you need to understand in the real world, there are consequences to driving like an idiot and those consequences could be life threatening.

Fortunately Jenson Button is a class act and he will not purposely cause an accident all because Vettel happens to be the championship leader. Unlike a certain poster, here is hoping the race start is incident free and let's hope the best team/driver wins.

Well since u thing ur a real driver just watch the first turn after the lights go out...they wont be goign that fast and by slightly pushign him I meant...making an intimidating move hoping that he will drop back. Jesus everybody here takes everything so seriously, its part of racing strategy mr. "im not virtual" person. Several ppl have intimidated others by turn 1 in Monaco, so put ur panties in a bunch, or else is just liek Rob Shillito here says "another boring RB race".

In F1, they never let a driver that has suffered concussion take part in that race. It just so happens that they are keeping Sergio in hospital overnight, so he wouldn't be able to anyway.

On another note, anybody getting sick of Hamilton's whining?

I know right, i really noticed him whining a LOT. First it was the Spanish GP thing with Toro Rosso blocking him, then it was Massa...im surprised Massa is not that bad of a person unless he was really given instructions by his Engineer. Then before all this he was saying he isnt goign to be in Maclaren forever... Here is my Opinion. You got 2 great British Drivers...both different race style. Is hard aint it? to cope with that. Maclaren has always made the mistake of putting 2 good drivers in a team except for Mika. Senna and Prost, Button and Lewis, Lewis and Alonso...i mean come on...the trend continues and they dont learn from those mistakes. Red Bull hopefully isnt heading that way with Vettel and Webber especially when they got superior cars.

Btw Lewis whining :S , I remember when everybody bashed Alonso...who won 2 WC fighting MUCH better opponents...and he whined in Maclaren with reason...I hope Lewis doesnt follow that way and keeps his head cool.

Diego Lopez said:
Here is my Opinion. You got 2 great British Drivers...both different race style. Is hard aint it? to cope with that. Maclaren has always made the mistake of putting 2 good drivers in a team except for Mika. Senna and Prost, Button and Lewis, Lewis and Alonso...i mean come on...the trend continues and they dont learn from those mistakes.

I think actually Jenson and Lewis is a good pairing. They don't seem to fight for overall rule of the team whereas that did happen when Fernando was there.

As for the much better opponents - I don't think that's true. I think this season's field is one of the best ever. Vettel, Webber, Button, Hamilton, Alonso

When was the last time we had this many drivers quick enough to fight for the title? For so many years it was usually dominated by two people. Ok this year (so far) is shaping up Seb's way, but the other teams are catching quickly and I don't think it will be long before we see a different driver on the top step. Remember at the British GP last year, Alonso had a similar gap to Vettel as he has now - and he turned that round. I honestly think we are spoiled this year with the calibre of the drivers involved.

As for Alonso - he is definately a good driver. But he only ever had to fight two people for his championships - Schumacher and Raikonnen. In 2005, The Ferrari wasn't competitive. In 2006, Schumacher's engine failure at Japan more or less sealed it. He has never had to give what you would call "a champions drive" to secure the title, although he came close in '10

Not that I'm bashing Alonso - I'm actually a Ferrari fan

Didn't he take out Van der Garde?

No. This was Bianchi. However Gutierrez took out Herck twice at Barcelona last week-end.

I belive he is Sauber's reserve driver indeed. Now picking him as a substitute for Perez would be a mistake IMO. He was fantastic in GP3 last year, but his awful GP2 season start this year show that he clearly lack of experience in faster cars.

Rosberg's crash occured in FP3.

But yea, lots of accidents here already. Those two plus the Bianchi-van der Garde clash in GP2.

Pfffff...

They just need to be more careful there... There was only ONE fatality at Monaco and it was in 1967, Lorenzo Bandini... A strange crash on top of this...

Will we cry everytime a driver gets injured ? I mean, it's motorsport after all, there will always be injury... And if you want to stop that, give them robots to drive the cars...

True that, those guys are professional drivers, most of them are payed millions to drive in one of the safest motorsport series of the planet - you see only one injury every 2-3 seasons in a 24 drivers field, just compare that stat with soccer just for the fun of it. If they still think this is too dangerous for them, they are free to leave and do something else instead.

As for Alonso - he is definately a good driver. But he only ever had to fight two people for his championships - Schumacher and Raikonnen. In 2005, The Ferrari wasn't competitive. In 2006, Schumacher's engine failure at Japan more or less sealed it. He has never had to give what you would call "a champions drive" to secure the title, although he came close in '10

I goddamn hate Alonso, but it's not fair on him. Is it his fault if only 1 guy could follow him the 2 seasons he had a car to win?

You only get 3-4-5 drivers fight for the title like once or twice a decade in fact - last ones were 1981, 1982, 1986, 2007, 2010(might be missing some, though). Doesn't happen so often anyway.

True that, those guys are professional drivers, most of them are payed millions to drive in one of the safest motorsport series of the planet - you see only one injury every 2-3 seasons in a 24 drivers field, just compare that stat with soccer just for the fun of it. If they still think this is too dangerous for them, they are free to leave and do something else instead.

Finally someone who agrees with me !!!! :D

I goddamn hate Alonso, but it's not fair on him. Is it his fault if only 1 guy could follow him the 2 seasons he had a car to win?

You only get 3-4-5 drivers fight for the title like once or twice a decade in fact - last ones were 1981, 1982, 1986, 2007, 2010(might be missing some, though). Doesn't happen so often anyway.

Sorry, that isn't the point I was trying to make. If you consider other people's WDC year - Such as Vettel - he was competing against many more people - Massa, Alonso, Webber, Hamilton, Button - that's still only 2 different cars to his own, like in Alonso's championships - but nearly 3x the opposition. Mr Lopez is trying to suggest Alonso had the hardest time fighting the best drivers ever when that simply isn't true, and that's what I'm trying to say. Yes Alonso had opposition, but not as much as Diego thinks

Well, that is quite unfair, Alonso lost a wheel because a mechanic error the race before in benefit of Schumi... I don't know why only one side of the history is always remembered when Fernando is involved.

He beat a 7 time WDC in a very competitive car, I remember it well as I was (as always since Prost) supporting Ferrari and not Alonso at the time.

Well, that is quite unfair, Alonso lost a wheel because a mechanic error the race before in benefit of Schumi... I don't know why only one side of the history is always remembered when Fernando is involved.

He beat a 7 time WDC in a very competitive car, I remember it well as I was (as always since Prost) supporting Ferrari and not Alonso at the time.

^hear hear^.

Anyways. Bad Luck for Hamilton, now that I just watched the Quali i can see why...but i seen close cuts during Q1 or 2...barely touching the yellow...but i guess its just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back