2011 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio:
"One thing is blocking, another one is try to avoid that other driver catch his slipstream."

The rule (20.2) does not state blocking. But defensive driving. The "break a tow" was something BBC talked about last year. And "break a tow" is a defensive move. You try to make it harder for the driver behind to get the tow, and be able to make a pass. I really don't see the problem, the rule is there. FIA have said they are going to be strict on these things.

I'm all for the FIA being strict, but then why didn't Vettel get hit with penalties for his multiple defensive maneuvers at the beginning?

But does that agreement cover all weaving? I understand off the line you are going to have various start speeds, things get jostled, it happens. Thing is though, Vettel got a good start off the line, didn't have to evade any slow cars. He was clearly blocking Hamilton and others. Are you allowed unlimited defensive maneuvers at the start? That seems a bit silly to me, but this is the FIA we're talking about...

I wouldn't call that line change on the video, much more correction tbh.. line changing is what Hamilton did to Petrov last year, I didn't notice him doing it this time, but he agreed with the penalty so he must have done that again.

I counted 4 changes of line in that video.

And these ones, for me are the wrong ones, one thing is a change of direction to block who is behind, other is a change of direction to avoid the other driver to catch his slipstream, the one who is behind only follow him if he wants.

And you are right about the rule, Ole, but that doesn’t mean I agree with it.

No, but it's always very easy to punish Hamilton, no matter what he do or most of times, what he didn't do.

Well I see it exactly the other way around, Hamilton was almost never penalized no matter what he did, but we talked soo long about it and never agreed, so better we don't go deeper on this :D

About the start direction changes, I think like Peter, otherwise racing would be impossible.

Anyway, it's clear when Hamilton and Alonso meet in track they both loose a bit of control, they clearly get nervous. I didn't see in TV what Hamilton did exactly so I don't know this time, but I'm sure if it wasn't him, Alonso would have a bit more patience and would not misjudge distance and broke his front wing. But when they meet in track, it's a train crash, full violence in first 20 seconds.

But that is good for F1 at the end, personal rivalry is ok, we had great examples in history.

Cya!.

And these ones, for me are the wrong ones, one thing is a change of direction to block who is behind, other is a change of direction to avoid the other driver to catch his slipstream, the one who is behind only follow him if he wants.

But, isn't a move to get another guy out of your slipstream a move of defense? In my view it is a defensive move, and that is still only allowed once.

sunpic21.jpg

Russian Rocket has been launched. Nice takeoff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back