2011 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
i presonally would of thrown a rock at him.

Your immature comments just keep getting better Diego. Why hate Vettel when he is so much vetter than everyone else, what has he done to merit the hate and abuse you constantly give him om this forum. It's getting a bit old now, at least have some constructive criticism about his actions, not saying childish and immature comments such as this - it's ridiculous.

Another good race in the end.

I think Liuzzi didn't expect the Lotus to put him on the grass and from then on, he never had any real control of the car but he did try his best to slow it down. Vettel's overtake on Alonso was brilliant to watch despite being put on the grass. Schumacher was out of order today. Multiple times he made two moves to block Hamilton and if it wasn't for Lewis being a lot more conservative than normal, there would of been a big accident. Jenson drove a great race after losing time when Webber lunged one up the inside which ultimately lead to his demise when he tried it on Massa into turn 2. Alguersuari was also fantastic and took a comfortable 7th, whereas Buemi was a bit too conservative letting people past and almost causing problems for the front runners when slowing in stupid places. Senna and Di Resta also had very good races.

Schumacher was out of order today. Multiple times he made two moves to block Hamilton and if it wasn't for Lewis being a lot more conservative than normal, there would of been a big accident.

I watched this race and felt the exact opposite. Schumacher drove brilliantly today to hold hamilton as long as he did and if it werent for the FIA's ridiculous and completely arbitrary "one-defensive move rule" there would simply be nothing to be said about his performance except for "bravo!" It says alot that hamilton passed once schumacher was forced to let him by. Slower or not, the position was his and he did what he had to do in order to keep it that way.

Drivers who push the limits and force others to exceed the limits is what creates exciting racing in the first place, and I personally do not believe in this whole sort of "Gentleman driving" that people seem to be so adamant about as if to say of Alonso vs vettel:

Vettel: Pardon me sir, but I plead for you to let me pass; I am faster.
Alonso: I accept your gracious request, however, I must put you into the grass for a bit
Vettel: But of course!

In fact, Alonso's joke during the interview said it all "We didn't have much to lose, but because it's you we have to give you a hard time."

When you're racing, you drive to win. Hamilton even said that, so for him to whine about schumi bending the rules is fscking ridiculous.

Great race and great that the stewards were not involved.

Thanks.

Your immature comments just keep getting better Diego. Why hate Vettel when he is so much vetter than everyone else, what has he done to merit the hate and abuse you constantly give him om this forum. It's getting a bit old now, at least have some constructive criticism about his actions, not saying childish and immature comments such as this - it's ridiculous.

Hey just throwing my own words out there without insulting anyone here. Anyways, I missed out on the first 4 laps of the race adn the crashes at the start obvoiusly. and why did the FIA gave Liuzzi a 5 grid penalty? a reprimend would of been better. No offense but HRT is not quiet up there yet. I got to still say, it was kind of bad from the Tifoso to boo Jenson. Shame on them for that. Lets just hope next year can be Webbers chance to take the title. Out of all drivers Vettel has been given a car that suits him and the tyres. I was honestly stunned @ Vettels lap during Q3...can we see a very dominant RB era liek with Ferrari? personally dont want it since it got boring by 2004. On other other hand gotta give props to Senna, who defy his skeptics by putting the Renault up in the points, give him a few more seasons and you might see him in true form and maybe become a WC contender.

The problem Diego is you make good points critizising Alonso's haters but then you do the same with Vettel.

It's true his celebrations are annoying (this is subjective anyway) but that isn't a good reason to be against him, it's anecdotical. He's making the best from his car race after race (when a respected driver as Webber is not) and he showed many times he has the talent. If somebody deserves this champ is him.

I'm a bit of surprised on how little attention Webber got. I mean, he crashed. AND HE'S DRIVING A RED BULL!

Anyway, Massa was quiet good. Nobody said anything about him. I was kind of pissed off when Webber really stupidly did that. There was no chance on passing Massa on the outside at Turn 1. But anyway. Yet ANOTHER Vettel win.. I mean, Formula 1 has come to the point that you just can't be frustrated or mad at that guy or the team for winning every single race. I mean, we all know Vettel won this Season (even if he math wise didn't but you know what I mean). I just want to see anybody else win the race.

But it was quiet a good race. I wouldn't say that it was a great race. I really loved the Schumacher - Hamilton fight. It was awesome.

And btw, that move that Vettel did.. Even here in Croatia the commentators were praising him saying to the people that think that he can't overtake how they are wrong and that that move was fantastic.. Really? REALLY? I've seen much braver moves by drivers in unreliable cars. I will give Vettel some more years to learn more about F1. He's still too young there. In a couple of years he will know many things in terms of overtaking and defending and all that.

ANYWAY! lol. And lol at the comment above made about Alonso and Vettel being gentlemans.

Alonso was off the trakc when he took the lead at the start, love the way FIA always turn a blind eye to stuff like that. The white lines define the edge of the track not the barriers!

A small part of his right-hand wheels were over the line. Doesn't come close to constituting him being off the track.
If I'm not mistaken, all 4 wheels must be over the line for the FIA to investigate it.

Alonso was off the trakc when he took the lead at the start, love the way FIA always turn a blind eye to stuff like that. The white lines define the edge of the track not the barriers!

He didn't really have a choice. When he was alongside Hamilton, he was technically on the track as 2 wheels were inside the white lines. If Hamilton forces him over, there is not much he can do. Besides, that is pretty much accepted at Monza, and it's never been penalised before, so they can't start doing it now without prior warning IMO. It's the same at the exit of Ascari - it's accepted that the cars go outside the white lines.

Diego - get with it. I am far from a Red Bull fan but Vettel was flawless today and just because he only had to make 1 move stick, you can't take that away from him. I want to see Ferrari back on form but they just didn't have the pace today and I think that was the best Alonso could hope for.

And btw, Vettel's move was a good one - Alonso even put him on the grass for christ's sake!

Liuzzi is my hero after that crash.

was that not one of the coolest crashes of the season?
Were you not like “UH OHHHHHHH DAMN…!” as Liuzzi’s car was skidding and sliding on the grass towards the corner?
Then as he skids through the corner he manages to hit 5 cars, and retiring what 2 or 3 other cars along with him self.
All on the first corner of the race.
It was like bowling for F1 cars.

THAT WOULD MAKE AN AWESOME WOMBO-COMBO VIDEO.

That are RD rules not F1 :)

They go outside the white lines in many tracks, for instance powering out of "Variante Ascari" they go totally out of the white lines 4 of every 5 turns, where you can cut or not is defined in the pre-race meetings.

What Alonso did was a fantastic start and totally legal :wink:

On TV they explained the situation of excessive cutting coming out of Ascari. The organization considered using higher exit curbstones but that would jeopardize the safety of the drivers.

They have so much speed there that a high curb could possibly result in the cars literally flying into the barriers (or in the crowd). Therefore like Xose said the drivers were instructed up front that limited cutting was allowed there.

Don't think that Alonso had any other option than to go around the outside at the start. The McLaren forced him to take a wide line. Still the driver has the intention to have two wheels on the track imo

At the start all the drivers are allowed to cross the white pit exit line btw. Only during pit exits its not allowed to cross it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back