2011 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait can someone explain Lewis Drive-Thru wth just happened. "for forcing another driver to leave the circuit when he spun on lap 47" how can u force some1. you spun u spun...man. this race is almost becoming a Canadian Grand prix kind of.

wait can someone explain Lewis Drive-Thru wth just happened. "for forcing another driver to leave the circuit when he spun on lap 47" how can u force some1. you spun u spun...man. this race is almost becoming a Canadian Grand prix kind of.

It was the way he tried to point back the right way - he was facing the other cars and dangerously spun round knowing they were there.

Well done Jenson Button - Race 200 - and a winner!

Thats why i am fan of Button. My kind of driver. Cool head and consistency. :)
If Hamilton didnt switch for Super Softs again and just took Mediums he easy could have won it. Very weird they put Super Softs again.

ah ok i c now. GOOD JOB JENSON...nice drive by Lewis even tho he got allthis drive thru and crap didnt stop him at all..if it wasnt for that he would of been onpodium but still great job to him a Pau di Resta. Alonso kept it ok. like they want it and said "championship is far from us but not matter what we'll just fight for podium finishes". Vettel. meh boring. so much for "improving" the car.

now that was a gret action packed Race... but Decision for L Hamilton to go into the Pits for Inter's if only he had stayed out on he's tyres or got fresh ones he would have one this :)

F1ResultHungary.png

That had to be one of the most bizarre Grand Prix races you will ever see.

Congrats to Jenson Button for winning the race in his 200th Grand Prix, site of his 1st win.

what happened to Schumacher? he didnt crash, just spun and left?

He had a gear box failure and he said he spun the car on purpose to avoid hitting Massa and ruining his race.

Being fairly new to Formula One, I'm really glad to finally see Lewis Hamilton's over taking ability. I've heard he's one of the best at it but I never noticed it. Great driving by both Jenson and Lewis, the McLaren team just gained another fan :)

Now we have to wait 3 weeks without any formula one :(

Great race. Seeing the McLaren's battling each other on track is great and I hope other teams take notice (ie Ferrari). Lewis made a mistake by going onto the Super-Softs and it meant Jenson had to take the Softs as he was never going to beat Lewis by following him. He made the tyres work and stayed out when the rain came. Fantastic drive. Lewis deserved the penalty as he could easily of turned 90 degrees to the right and avoided the other cars, rather than turning 270 degrees to the left and forcing Paul to take evasive action onto the grass. Mark needs to sort out his starts and I hope the marshall who got hit by debris from the exploding Renault of Nick Heidfeld is not too badly injured. And whilst all that was going on, I couldn't help but feel that the BBC commentators had lost some enthusiasm, particularly Martin.

Those Torro Rosso guys again in the top 10.
They dont get alot of coverage but they always do a great job. Even the cars are better in race then in Q or the pitwall is very smart.
They always improve alot.

I'm so pleased for Jensen, what a brilliant way to mark his 200th GP. It was very entertaining watching hi battles with Lewis, they both were very fair and professional, it's a great advert for the sport world wide. I loved some of Martin Brundle's comments, such as ''the anchor on a ship would not have stopped that car'' or something very similar. He comes out with some crackers. Just hope he doesn't jump ship to Sky next season.

Great race again! You know you have a good season on your hands when Hungaroring provides good action! Hamilton and Webber played it wrong bigtime going for Inters, when the radar clearly said the rainshower was temporary, that ruint Webber's chance of what would have been a podium!
Jenson is the best in the world in these conditions, sumblime again!

I loved some of Martin Brundle's comments, such as ''the anchor on a ship would not have stopped that car'' or something very similar. He comes out with some crackers. Just hope he doesn't jump ship to Sky next season.

Martin Brundle is awesome. I liked his "Rudderless Russian" comments from earlier in the season when Petrov launched himself into the sky in Malaysia. You do need to put up with his obvious McLaren bias, but I am sure if I spoke Italian and watched the Italian F1 coverage, I would need to put up with their obvious Ferrari bias, just as the Germans have their German bias and the Spanish commentators have their Alonso bias. I know Murray Walker had his legion of loyal followers, but in my opinion what puts Brundle ahead of Walker is that Brundle actually raced in F1 and usually gives you commentary from the driver's point of view (just as Eddie Jordan offers opinions from a team owners point of view). Yes Martin Brundle (and everyone else at the BBC) have an obvious McLaren bias, but they are still likely the best in the business.

''the anchor on a ship would not have stopped that car'' ... haha

It was the anchor of the titanic he referred to.

Mclaren is a British team with 2 British drivers- if you are British it's difficult not to side with them!

It's like Clive tyldesly commentating on football - he never shuts up about man utd.

If you watch in the uk, press the red button and listen to the radio 5 live commentary, it's so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%