2011 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait who is 2nd on the championship? Fernando right? ...

Wel deserved win for Webber. Nice driving from Alonso, again pushing that weak 150 Italia and proven himself that he is fast, just give him a good car. Really sad for Lewis had a poor start I believe.
Other than that I wont miss 2011 at all except for Canada, Silverstone, Hungary, Japan and Abu Dhabi. Lets just hope Mclaren and Ferrari do some serious exploiting and development during the winter, we dont want another boring "era".

Am I the only one thinking that Vettel did not have any gearbox problems at all? Hearing the cold reacting "thanks boys" after the race of Mark Webber only confirmed my initial feeling.

I think McLaren and Ferrari would like to have a broken gearbox of RedBull as well as Vettel was still faster than them.

Am I the only one thinking that Vettel did not have any gearbox problems at all? Hearing the cold reacting "thanks boys" after the race of Mark Webber only confirmed my initial feeling.

I think McLaren and Ferrari would like to have a broken gearbox of RedBull as well as Vettel was still faster than them.

Its been a tough year for Mark cut him some slack for once. This isn't an attack, i just don't see why people can't be happy for him for once. To me it did seem like vettel was shortshifting on quite a lot of occasions watching the LEDs on his steering wheel only light up to green and red. But why would my view on this matter lol. :rolleyes:

But don't forgot Webber did win something this year, the DHL fastest lap award with 7 fastest laps.

Actually I was pretty happy to see him win. But his reaction was so cold that I doubt if he himself was happy with it :) I think Webber is a great driver that for whatever reason didn't score great results this year.

I can't get rid of the feeling that Red Bull doesn't really want him.

But his reaction was so cold that I doubt if he himself was happy with it :)
I can't get rid of the feeling that Red Bull doesn't really want him.

I suspect it was more of a frustrated reaction than anything else, he would have been disappointed with his overall season.
I doubt Red Bull want to get rid of him (yet), I'm sure he contributes quite a lot to the Team. If they didn't want him, they could easily have "nudged" him out by various means.
I also think he is reasonably satisfied to remain with Red Bull, they give him a great car. As much as I can't grow to like Vettel (and his arrogant finger), I have to admit that he is a class act as a driver. Mark Webber may be frustrated at being number two at Red Bull, but Vettel deserves the top billing right now.

Nico Rosberg had some serious moves too. Especially the one against Adrian Sutil was a great one! Too bad it did not work out for Mercedes at all :(
But honestly the drive from Button at the end was something else on these Prime tires.

And seriously I think Vettel had a Problem with the Gearbox (just like Hamilton), because he is not the guy to give away a win, even to a teammate. And since Red Bull seems to let them race ... well we'll never know I guess!

I think Webber would be happier if he could win without Vettel having a gearbox problem. But hey, it's a nice win!:) And yes he took the DHL award, + he took 3rd place in the championship from Alonso.

Hamilton vs Massa was a nice show again, too bad Hamilton's gearbox went dead.

Gonna let the skeptical in me think that maybe Vettel didn't really have gearbox problems and RB just wanted Webber to get at least one win this year, with Vettels possibility of tying Schumachers 13 wins in one season out the window in Abu Dhabi.

Mark is currently to valuable to red bull. He is currently the most experienced man they have and they need him for that. He is great support for his fellow Aussie aswell which is exactly what red bull wants because they need ricciardo to be on top of everything which isn't easy. The way I see it mark Is like the ultimate master within the team now. He has a lot of experience and is feeding what he knows onto the team, I don't think red bull will be getting rid of him any time soon. I believe that it possibly might be that Daniel will eventually replace webber and webber might go to toro Rosso.

Would be nice to see Webber in the Aussie V8's in the future when he is done in the F1 snakepit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 127 8.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 160 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 224 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 416 27.3%