2011 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senna was phenominal if you compare all the bad expectations about his qualify performance. Many said he wouldn't even make it to Q2 but he made it to Q3. I love when some drivers do better performance then what the media and the loyar followers of F1 predict.

I am sure that if he can neither out perform Petrov on Monza or atleast stay behind Petrov by as far as 0.5 secs then I belive Senna's hopes to get back in a full time seat in F1 are going to reise dramaticly.

as a mclaren fan it was painful to watch Button get bumped down as the cars were finishing their laps in Q2 :( after his win at Hungary i'd thought he could have made it to Q1. stupid that they only gave him enough fuel for about 2 laps. I'm happy to see Hamilton at P2 though.

I'm really going to keep an eye on Jaime Alguersuari in P6 though. I never saw that coming. Rather excited to see how he does on Sunday :D

Maldonado will start 21st after getting a 5-place grid penatly for clashing with Hamilton. Hamilton gets a reprimand (a formal warning), and will still start 2nd. I had the same expectations for Bruno Senna as most people, but was obviously surprised when he made it to Q3 and outqualified his teammate. Hope Schumi can have a good race after missing out on qualifying.

Good quali session. Nice to see a few guys who rarely make it into the top 10 doing exactly that. McLaren have a lot of questions to answer after their farcical decision to pull Jenson in. Maldonado and Hamilton deserve larger penalties as well. Pastor deserves a multiple race ban (bans have been given to people causing an avoidable incident in the past) as the 5-place grid drop is the same as changing a gearbox. And Lewis deserves a fine and a suspended sentence for fainting to take Maldonado out just before they collided.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE F1 STEWARDS??? Surely Lewis Hamilton should receive a penalty for impeding Maldonado's flying lap and for causing an avoidable collision in Q2. In qualifying, it is each driver's responsibility to ensure that they find space to do their lap without catching another driver. Sure, drivers who are on in or out laps have to stay out of the way, but Maldonado was on a fast lap, so should not have to yield or defend for track position. Hamilton was completely out of order and should be penalised. Having said that, even though Maldonado has a right to be angry, he should not be allowed to start the race because of what he did in retribution.

Well hamilton was clearly much faster as he gained about 5 car lengths just under braking, then pastor opened a big enough gap for lewis but then quickly closed that gap again for some reason which is why they collided. Then after the hairpin i think lewis was going to move over for the next corner but quickly moved back when he saw pastor in his mirror going to overtake. Then pastor clearly moved across hamilton to purposefully collide with him.

I don't think so Lewis...

As I said..., it doesn't matter whether Hamilton was faster or not. We all know that some cars are faster than others. The central point is that,in qualifying, all drivers have a responsibility to find a gap in the traffic so that they can complete their lap without catching another car. That is what Hamilton has failed to do. Maldonado should not have to compromise his performance in qualifying to defend against Hamilton for track position... after all, qualifying is about who is fastest in clean air. I've seen many drivers abandon flying laps because they caught the guy ahead. That is what Hamilton should have done, but instead (because he seems to think he is special) he decides to interfere with another driver's fast lap. Besides that, if you examine the footage closely, they ultimately collided because Lewis understeered into Maldonado.

well guess who is the F1 driver- steward assistance...1 time WC Nigel...figures he didnt get a drop. Thats just so Ross is happy here. But I gotta take my own opinion and after watchign it many times i say both sides were at fault.

As I said..., it doesn't matter whether Hamilton was faster or not. We all know that some cars are faster than others. The central point is that,in qualifying, all drivers have a responsibility to find a gap in the traffic so that they can complete their lap without catching another car. That is what Hamilton has failed to do. Maldonado should not have to compromise his performance in qualifying to defend against Hamilton for track position... after all, qualifying is about who is fastest in clean air. I've seen many drivers abandon flying laps because they caught the guy ahead. That is what Hamilton should have done, but instead (because he seems to think he is special) he decides to interfere with another driver's fast lap. Besides that, if you examine the footage closely, they ultimately collided because Lewis understeered into Maldonado.
Wait here so you say that when Maldonadoes lap was complitly ruined by Baricello he should not just back off and let Hamilton through? But when Hamilton comes close to Maldonado he should 100% back off?

It just doesn't make sense. As quickly as Maldonados lap is ruined it is like he is driving on a out lap to once again start a hot lap. Idk if finding clear space to not cought up to others is even a rule so I won't comment much on that but if this was a rule Maldonado, Baricelo and whole lot of other drivers should have gotten warnings or even penalties for that.

IMO what happen on the Bus Stop Chicane was a 50:50 because Maldonado could have just let Hamilton through as he knew that Hamilton was on a hot lap too while his was just ruined or Hamilton could have just waited behind Maldonado but TBH I belive that any driver would have done the same thing as Hamilton because they clearly don't know if they will be quick enough for Q3 and there instinct tells them to quickly get through traffic.

RBR and MCL want FIA to allow them to change the front tires, the front camber setting before the race.

The fact is they ruined them overriding the Pirelli's recommended settings to obtain a better performance in Q, played with adventage, and now they want to have adventage again.

FIA said... YES!

Next one talking about Ferrari International Assistance will sound ironic considering what is happening in latest times.

If they want to change tires why don't they do an early pitstop!

Update.

They won't be able to change before the race, Pirelli give them new tires though, which is unfair for the drivers thay didn't waste the Q ones.

I wonder what would happen if FIA would even consider it in case it was Ferrari... and of course some are saying is for safety, safety they didn't care about when overriding the safety instructions from Pirelli to have a faster Q setup... I'm sick about victimism from some teams/drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back