2011 British Touring Car Championship

The "infield" is a bit Mikey Mouse-like(or Tilke-like), but it did provide much better racing than I expected.

On the other hand the new layout does not really respect the spirit of the old one(fast track, long straights, a few huge braking points and sharp corners), which is why I am a bit so-so at the moment.

And guys, Plato did not get a 3 points penalty. He got 3 points docked from his license, which is totally different. (let's hope this thread isn't gonna turn into a Plato vs Neal one anyway)

understood the 3 points was on the license not championship ones. most i've ever seen in one go too.

agree with the last comment. i'm neither for plato or neal as they can both be as bad as each other. i'd still be concerned about the apparent lack of championship impacting penalty if it had been chilton and jackson involved.

understood the 3 points was on the license not championship ones. most i've ever seen in one go too.

Allright, just wanted to make sure, since you weren't very clear in your OP.

But anyway, just my very untaught opnion, but... If this was Chilton and Jackson, I belive there would be no penalty at all. The BTCC has always been very permissive on contacts(it's good for the fans to see controversial incidents), and we've seen people getting away with MUCH worse in the past. Here the situation is quite different than a random Jackson vs Chilton incident. We have "just another" controversial incident between two drivers who have had the biggest rivalery seen in touring car for quite a while, probably have the biggest touring car fanbase in the UK, and are both playing for the championship on the top of it. IMO the "penalty" given to Plato is more a diplomatic action than anything else. It is like a warning given considering the circumstances, although everyone in the paddock know that the staff doesn't mind much about the action in itself, and that Plato would'nt have been worried if he took off Shedden or Chilton instead.

I found it entertaining. It was the first time I have ever watched the BTCC coverage and I liked how they had the Ginetta and Formula Renault coverage too. As for the track it seemed a bit slow and boring and the random barrier on the exit of one of the corners looked nasty, the Formula Renault incident with it could have been alot worse if he hit it straight on and not just with the tyres.

Well Honda clearly getting fed up with it they are going to be running a WTCC car with Team Dynamics next year with the bulletproof Neil Brown engine but obviously a 1.6t

Andrew Jordan went higher than this in race 1 he nearly went over only landing half way in the gravel saved him them kerbs have added a bit more spice to knockhill and finally stopped the cutting of the chicane

Special Tuning Racing will remain in the British Touring Car Championship next year, running a two-car team alongside its international programme.
John Boardman's squad announced recently that it would expand to run in the World Touring Car Championship in 2012, following a fact-finding mission at the Macau season finale, but will now continue to run in the BTCC as well.
Boardman said that the BTCC programme would again be based around the pair of turbocharged S2000-spec SEAT Leons that were driven this year by his son Tom - who claimed a win at Knockhill - and Dave Newsham.

Source

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back