2011/2 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i could make some track suggestions

1.) watkins glen
2.) donnington park
3.) rautinglen (or however you spell it)
4.) saponaro
5.) spa
6.) gp200
7.) porto/portimao

Well to give you an idea. Back in RDTCC S4 we were 100 people in the league. This time they are only running with 30 odd entries. Our chances of getting in is QUITE slim. It is actually a pity because midfield runners (like us) might not get a chance unless extremely lucky. I think the logistics involved in running multiple servers is just not worth it.

So what do I think...Well I recon we are going to see in the same region of people trying to get in. Would actually been cool if there were some elimination races...

Generally, how popular is this series? As a noob to this set up (but not to Sim racing) what's the likelihood of me getting a spot in the series?

Its not likely that a 2nd group/server will be added.

Sorry to keep on about the same point, but if there is a big enough entry/ enough applicants to full 2 groups, (i.e 60+) would there be any chance of a 2nd group being run then?
I just feel that with this new format of racing the league will be very popular (all credit to the RD staff) but on the flip side there will be alot of disappointed applicants.
Im another driver who is relatively new to RD, but not inexperianced at sim racing, and i feel it may be very difficult for rookies to get a drive in the championship.

A possable suggestion i would like to make would be maybe allocate the first 20 drivers through the method used currently (Commitment, skill and league experiance) and then have a quilifying race for the last 10 places between rookie drivers? This way it would allow new drivers to get a run out against RD veterans, and the regulars should still get a place.

Applogies again for going on about the same problem, but i'm sure im not alone in my fears of not getting a drive.

Ah, ok. This is the only series I've found so far that runs in a vaguely decent timeslot, midweek I work until 10pm and I've got a small boy, so weekend early evenings are sketchy. It's annoying, I run several competitions on both Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 and partake in many more, I just wanna run in a Race series!

Well to give you an idea. Back in RDTCC S4 we were 100 people in the league. This time they are only running with 30 odd entries.
Well you didnt mention the last seasons of the RDTCC where there was 1 server instead of multiple groups. These were very succesfull as it was a quality league, which is our aim. If we run 2 groups of 25 drivers in the end of the season there are 30 drivers left. So we run a league with 30 drivers and end with 30 drivers....quality instead of quantity.

Our chances of getting in is QUITE slim. It is actually a pity because midfield runners (like us) might not get a chance unless extremely lucky.
Not sure where this is based on, but its QUITE the opposite. If you look in the info and intro thread you can see on which criteria's we select the drivers. No where is mentioned: "Only fast drivers are selected"
We look at commitment and your race ability, a fast driver who can not race fair will not be selected, a middlefielder or backmarker which always is there and can drive fair will be selected for the league.

But when there is no race history of you at RD, then yes it can be hard to be selected for the league. In this case the best thing to do is drive as many races possible in the Club.

There will not be an elimination race as everybody has a change to get in the league.

Well you didnt mention the last seasons of the RDTCC where there was 1 server instead of multiple groups. These were very succesfull as it was a quality league, which is our aim. If we run 2 groups of 25 drivers in the end of the season there are 30 drivers left. So we run a league with 30 drivers and end with 30 drivers....quality instead of quantity.

Not sure where this is based on, but its QUITE the opposite. If you look in the info and intro thread you can see on which criteria's we select the drivers. No where is mentioned: "Only fast drivers are selected"
We look at commitment and your race ability, a fast driver who can not race fair will not be selected, a middlefielder or backmarker which always is there and can drive fair will be selected for the league.

But when there is no race history of you at RD, then yes it can be hard to be selected for the league. In this case the best thing to do is drive as many races possible in the Club.

There will not be an elimination race as everybody has a change to get in the league.

When you say get invovled in the racing club, does it specifically have to be the race 07 club? i try to get involved in as many rfactor events has time allows, will this still count towards it? what happens for instance if the decision to choose between myself and someone who has the same amount of experience but drives instead in the race 07 club?

I can see your point of view, and i definetly support the idea of only people who are certain to turn up to all events and race cleanly chosen over people who are fast but unreliable people. theres nothing more annoying in the world than someone signing up for a league only to be able to race in a few events and using excuses to try to squirm out of it, and keeping other people out of the league at the same time. but i still feel that once sign up opens, theres going to be more than a few dissapointed faces from people who are clean reliable drivers. i suppose we wont know that until the sign ups open though, because obviously we have no idea how many people actually want to drive in this league, and also fit the criteria.

Hi Remco, You are right I didn't mention the very last season but I only wanted to quote Season 4 because that is the last one I competed in. 1 or 100 racers but I know it will be top quality like all the other seasons :)

This one I will revisit in a few weeks from now :lol::lol: :chat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years