2011/1 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Btw sorry for that hard bump on the beginning of sector 3 but I didn't know that rear wheel driven cars were braking that early.)
NP Giorgios, i was also wondering about that. I think from damage i had more understeer in braking cause blocking tyres so i had to brake earlier and more to get the corner entry. Sure also not easy for you and Eric. Shame it abrupt so harsh, this i was really not expecting in that situation, like a invisible post on the street. I´m still happy with race 1 but with the result in race 2 it´s a bit useless unfortunately.

Another hard night for me done my quali and when i put the race fuel back into the car i put 40 laps instead of litres and clicked race and was on the grid with 66 litres. Ended up with a DNF in race 1 with suspension damage not repairable. Race 2 was better with 40L started 23rd and finished 12th.

Looking forward to the final round at Vitus speak 2 ya guys later

Disapointing night. An hour & half journey back from the BTCC straight in the door, pc on and 11mins left of qualifying. I used Warmup to try and get in the groove but it just wasn't coming together.

A DNF in the first race and second race drove round waving at the ground and did some weeding on the flower patch.

I was talking to Bram in a post earlier in the week about practicing being an important part of an event. I think I proved last night practice is needed even if its just to get into race mode. I was way off the pace last night on a setup that ive won a club event before quite comfortably.

Only enjoyment for me was going round the outside of Reggie in the flower patch section just after the first corrner. :)

Bet you weren't expecting that one Reggie lol.

Very tough event.

Thought my Quali time of a 28.1 (PB) should get me a top 20 grid position - Wrong! So 25th it was. Sorry to Andreas if I confused you a bit near the end of quali... I was really struggling and not sure how to get out of your way :confused::redface:

Race 1, starting near the back, I decided to just take it easy and try to finish with no major incidents. This strategy paid off cos I had a pretty quiet race and just inherited a very welcome 13th place finish. Very, very happy with that.

Race 2 I had to up my pace a bit to keep up with the others - again tried to stay out of trouble and only drive as fast as I needed to maintain my position. Again, this paid off, with others going out and by "robbing" Georgios of 10th near the end. I got my first League top 10 position... So very happy again with that.

Considering my relatively poor pace at this track, I guess I was rather lucky to get such good positions. I obviously gained from the misfortune of other, much faster guys... but I guess that's all part of racing... :)

Round 4: Long Beach

Driver: Zeynel Babacan
Penalty: Removed from results of Race 1 & Race 2
Reason: Poor racing conduct in both races. With several avoidable incidents with resulting in heavy damage

Driver: Miguel Neto
Penalty: Warning
Reason: Squeezing Jesper Taulborg into the wall in the last turn.

Driver: Dubravko Vuckovic
Penalty: 10 sec penalty for Race 2
Reason: Unsafe re-entry on the track at T1. Resulting in heavy damage to another car

Hey all

I wont be able to make the last race, we are going away for holiday, its have been a pleasure to race with you in RDTCC06, hope to get back in next time. thx and gla to all.
jonas

First time i try now and like Ivo say long and great track......with nice..up down hills..nice corners, very fast...only..again this time no set at all and this time i will not have time to practice (read made a set like for last race..not great but better than defolt:))..so it will be easy race in sunday...and movie from this track will be great ...hilsss..mmmm

Hi don't know of i speak in the good thead but ...
I see some peoples will miss race this sunday and i ask of i can race for the last round it will be very cool.
I have runned some events on RD and i do a championship with the same start procedure.
Best regards hope i can do the last round thank's to answer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back