VIPER / BMW / MARCOS
AUDI / SPYKER / MARCOS
---
BMW M3 Original GT Sport Performance
Marcos Original GT Sport Performance
Mosler Original GT Sport Performance
Spyker Original GT Sport Performance
Corvette Original GT Sport Performance

Well the tone you speaking here you are upset.

Did i say i didn't use a program to compare ? no i didn't.
AND YES THE GT40 HAS A MOSLER ENGINE. Xosé before you say something get you facts straight.

the HDC, ENG and SP files are identical. So yes its a clone. That all i wanted to say in the first place. I NEVER SAID THIS IS BAD THING, nor did i said the whole mod is wrong or anything. So please read my post again.

And i did know the mod was going to be made like that why went i looking into files in first place do you think ?

I never said we where not going to try the cars this is just one more info we use. And it seems GMT did the same thing as might be others. You realy think this is wrong ?
I
Again, pls calm down.

I really don´t think he is upset Tom, maybe you are a bit in your last post, but can´t see why ¿? Anyway, I agree with Eckhart and I don´t see the point of discussing about it, when we should be testing and fixing the minidumps problem.

When I answered Mike with a "NO" to the cloned cars question I was basing my answer in what we asked for to the first modding guy, and it is the list we have in the post above. Maybe Günthar can enter here and put some light on the matter, as he was the one making the great job on the mod and spending lots of hours with it and he is the one with the knoweledge.

We all are looking for start the seasson with the best possible final product, so please, let´s focus on it.

Hi,

What tone are you talking about? I'm just not agreeing with you but I don't see where I have a special "tone", is like if I deduct a "victimist tone" from your posts, dunno how that can happen, not in english at least.

But what I don't get is, if it's that easy and fast to check the cars and have all info why Mike has to ask David? We sent the list I posted to the MOD makers (Jason in this case), It seems was wrong, or he made a mistake that and you noticed just looking to the files. Then why ask, just say it, "there are two cloned cars", the question sounds like a kind of "trap question" for David :D

Cya!.

Sry can't help you with minidumps as i don't have any.

No it wasn't a trap question, didn't know then, yes its easy but it takes time, lots of files to go through :)

And no it wasn't hostile at all, by any means.
But sry mikko was right for both the GT40 and Mustang : GT40=Mosler and Mustang=Marcos (just looked at it).

You know it was very frustrating for me getting such a responce as i was only giving my findings. Bit dissapointed seeing clones thats all.

Hey Xose, I don't know where you got that info about the cars but imo it is completely wrong. I've checked the .eng and .hdc files for most cars line by line with a comparing program and all that's different is some filenames. Now I don't know if there's some higher logic to the way the game works and how you tell it what files it uses and where and who knows.... But as far as I know the .eng file is the engine the car uses and .hdc is basically the chassis and aerodynamics, differential stuff etc. For those files and also the .grd (gears) I have checked and then checked again to verify the actual facts before I posted anything here. Now there's nothing wrong in using the engines and physics available, I'm not saying that at all. I just find it odd that there are actual clones of other cars. Also something that was rather interesting (odd really) was that they put a low revving Mosler engine into high revving cars like F430 and Lambo.

I have been checking the old fashioned way Mikko lol (whats the program?)

I noticed there is a suspension file also I do not know if it has any effect on handling?

Here is what I found so far, its not complete and it might be wrong don't take this as definative.

Ultima
Chassis - Marcos
Engine - Spyker
Suspension - Spyker
Gears - Seat Tolado

Scirroco
Chassis - (supposed to be Toledo) can't tell as tolado file is encripted
Engine - BMW
Suspension - Toledo
Gears - BMW

Mustang
Chassis - Marcos
Engine - Marcos
Suspension - Marcos
Gears - Marcos

Chassis - Spyker
Engine - Spyker
Suspension - Spyker
Gears - BMW

Lambo
Chassis - Marcos
Engine - Mosler
Suspension - Mosler
Gears - Mosler

GTFord
Chassis - Mosler
Engine - Mosler
Suspension - Mosler
Gears - Mosler

F430
Chassis - No match Found
Engine - Mosler
Suspension - BMW
Gears - Mosler

E92 - everything BMW M3

Aston - everything BMW M3

Z4
Chassis - Modifyed BMW M3 (as far as I can see)
Engine - M3
Suspension - Z4
Gears - M3

Probably because the final performance of the engine was similar, I mean in terms of bhp and torque.

About the clones, I think we can look into it for Black Cup but not for this one, we are too close to the car decision deadline...

Yea I'm just seeing a problem if they had of added a high reving engine to those cars, they may have ended up too fast(the only ones I can think of are the BMW and Sunred both are very quick).

It is possible to Mod the sound so it gives the impression it revs higher, its something Tom did for us last year in the 997, we were used to the 996 from GTR2 so Tom made the sound rev higher. That could be a quick fix for those cars, or people can mod it to their likeing as it doesn't effect the car at all and no miss matches will occur.

Attached is an example it wouldn't take long to do, This was done really quickly.
It might not be perfect but it would be easy.

Drop it into
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\"yourusername"\race 07\GameData\Teams\STC\GALLARDO_STC

Overwrite the original LAMBOSTC.aud
Back up the original first.

Compare it to the origonal and you can see whats been changed, play around with it and see if it can be made better, hope that helps. :)

Edit - just did one for the f430 and got rid of the sound loop aswell as make it seem to rev slightly higher. There is a limit to how much you can do, which I just found. If you go over the limit then the engine goes silent at higher revs.

Attachments

• LAMBOSTC.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 134
  • F430STC.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 143
I compared the car files (.eng, .hdc) and this is what I found out:

Cars using the M3 GTR engine: BMW E92, BMW Z4, DBRS9, Morgan, Seat, VW
Cars using Mosler engine: Lambo, F430, Ford GT
Cars using Marcos engine: Viper, Gillette, Mustang
Cars using Spyker engine: Ultima, Porsche 997

Ford GT = Mosler - same engine and physics
Mustang = Marcos - same engine and physics
Lambo = Mosler engine + Marcos physics
Morgan = M3 GTR engine + Marcos physics 99%
BMW E92, BMW Z4 and DBRS9 = M3 GTR engine and modified M3 GTR physics

and so on...

the engines are clone shared, the physic are not... The cars that are standard in original GT Sport which are in here are not running standard physics either... I liked the 99% "match" if one line is different this can mean a huge difference in car performance, but this isn't the point....

Like the F1 2007 league edition, this mod is built to produce different handling cars but unlike real life, are to give no overall advantage to any one car (Morgan is to be corrected)...

When I was asked to do some work on this mod, it was initially to create a 4 compound tyre. Then to add a few extra cars models which were to run mixed physics of the other cars already in the 2009 mod. This is what I did and slowly made some small adjustments to get a good balanced field...

I minidumps is "all over the news" but was never struck by any that tested the mod (6 STC drivers, myself and 3 guys that test all the stuff I build before I release to anyone) ... It is an issue, don't get me wrong, but a new and non-specific one at that...

Lastly, I did this in 2 months, I have spent 9 months on the F1 2007 mod and that isn't finished...

TBH i didn't read more than the first page of this thread, as I'm just back from hospital again today, but will read the rest soon and start to look into these issues (mainly the minidumps :)) tomorrow....

Remember that all this work has been done for free from my side and is still (as mentioned before) the first release and bugs will be squashed asap...

After doing some laps with the Corvette I noticed it wasn't the stock one because the gears were all over. It still felt very much like the stock version.
But I just thought that it is my imagination only... But now I hear the stock cars aren't "stock" so could you please tell us why and how have the in-game cars been changed?

Can we just try the cars and make an oppinnion from the tests?

I mean, if gunthar has to tell car by car what he changed and why he changed it will be a pain...

We have a good mod, several different cars to choose and to test in track, and two or three problems we are trying to fix, I don't see the point why everybody has to know every single data about how the mod was done.

Cya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline