2010 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Johnson

The Weatherman
F1-logo.jpg

This weekend its the Italian GP around the Monza Circuit. The high speed and low downforce nature means that we could see more of the midfield teams play a part in this race but we will have to wait and see in 1st practice. :)

I expect HRT to be flying on the straights. (just joking)

It is going to be a really intresting race because the F-Duct might play the biggest role on this race. F-Duct VS Red Bulls Downforce.

McLaren won't use F-Duct from the reason it isn't as much help on this track! It provides the most advantage on tracks with fast corners, Monza is from a lot of long straights with some slow corners, the only fast corner is probably Parabolica, Curva Grange is so fast it's not even a corner for these cars:) Red Bull was fast in Spa because Spa has a section with a lot of fast corners, where aero downforce is needed. Here they'll have a much harder job! I expect McLaren and Ferrari to be ahead them this time, simply they have the best top speeds, and usually McLaren's cars have very nice mechanical grip too. But of course we'll see.

I wouldn't say bottled up, the gap was like 5 seconds back, and Webber was going faster than Hamilton, and in that Red Bull car - respect :D

5 seconds is not enough? Say that to the FIA in 2006 (Monza) when Alonso got done for being half way up a straight and was judged to be impeding massa. But nevermind that i ment to say that he was bottled up because if he backed off he ran the risk of losing he's next run altogether or he could keep on going and get into the turbulant air off webbers car and lose time.

Button is a great driver, very complete, he just lacks a bit of that "extra" top speed sometimes...

I like Button and he is quick but his car is setup with loads of rear wing which is strange for this track but he has his f-duct, Lewis on the other hand is running a completley different rear end with little wing and no f-duct, also in one of the practice sessions IIRC Virgin topped the speed trap but overall they were behind all of the established teams,just the pundits keep going on that top speed is everything at Monza but Buttons setup and Virgins straight line speed proves otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%