2010 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic drive by Button. He kept a calm head while everyone else got caught up in fights behind him and was only caught by virtue of the safety car coming out. His experience is showing through race after race. Hamilton needs to be reined in. This is two races in a row he has driven recklessly, he is endangering lives and something needs to be done. McLaren should not have released him but he should not have fought in the pit lane like that nearly running over air guns which could have seriously injured other teams pit crews. disgusting driving from him again and I wonder how long it will be until someone is seriously hurt or worse before his attitude changes. I think some clarification is needed on the pitlane entry procedure. Hamilton and then later Alonso both drove outside of the pit entry lane to overtake, this should not be a part of the track that is used to gain an advantage. Another disappointing race for Ferrari though Alonso made up for his jump start penalty Massa was poor. Great drive by Petrov, I'm sure the big teams will be watching him.

Fantastic drive by Button. He kept a calm head while everyone else got caught up in fights behind him and was only caught by virtue of the safety car coming out. His experience is showing through race after race. Hamilton needs to be reined in. This is two races in a row he has driven recklessly, he is endangering lives and something needs to be done. McLaren should not have released him but he should not have fought in the pit lane like that nearly running over air guns which could have seriously injured other teams pit crews. disgusting driving from him again and I wonder how long it will be until someone is seriously hurt or worse before his attitude changes. I think some clarification is needed on the pitlane entry procedure. Hamilton and then later Alonso both drove outside of the pit entry lane to overtake, this should not be a part of the track that is used to gain an advantage. Another disappointing race for Ferrari though Alonso made up for his jump start penalty Massa was poor. Great drive by Petrov, I'm sure the big teams will be watching him.

Well you could say they both would of made it down the pitlane 2 wide without issues if Vettel didnt try to run in him to the pitboxes. Also the gap between both releases is around 1 second which is way to close for the lollypop man to try to stop hamilton as he cant be looking at every car in their boxes (And other cars that will probably be coming down the pitlane) aswell as hes own crew to see when they are ready.

Edit: Both drivers get reprimand for the pit antics.
Vettel
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/chn-document-40.pdf
Hamilton
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/chn-document-39.pdf

Vettel was in the correct lane, he didn't have to go anywhere it was Hamilton who was charging down the inside. Vettel was out first and there are rules regarding releasing your driver. McLaren should not have released him and Hamilton should have yielded to Vettel and not raced him down the pit lane. I think a reprimand for Vettel was fair but this is the second race in a row for Hamilton, do we wait until someone is seriously hurt?

Vettel was in the correct lane, he didn't have to go anywhere it was Hamilton who was charging down the inside. Vettel was out first and there are rules regarding releasing your driver. McLaren should not have released him and Hamilton should have yielded to Vettel and not raced him down the pit lane. I think a reprimand for Vettel was fair but this is the second race in a row for Hamilton, do we wait until someone is seriously hurt?

Technically When Mclaren Released Hamilton, Vettel was not in the pitlane he was still leaving the pitbox. The Release rule is too vague so these kind of issues will continue till clarification is published. The Release Rule doesnt have a secondary rule for 2 cars leaving the pitbox around the same time and if Mclaren held him then does that set a presedent for the future which means that everytime a Mclaren car came in at same time as a redbull car they would have to wait if they left around the same time?

Vettel was in the pitlane he could not have been alongside Hamilton had he not been in the pitlane first. We've seen the new pitlane rules hold other drivers up at previous races but what happened today was wrong. Hamilton would have overtaken him out on the circuit anyway but regardless of arguments over releasing Hamilton should have also yielded and not driven recklessly down the pit with his wheels inside the servicing area just inches from air guns and hoses which were already tucked well inside the correct area. Its just not acceptable whoever the driver is but the fact is this is two races in a row that Hamilton has had his driving brought into question on the track not to mention his driving outside the track. The other area which in my opinion needs clarification is the pit entry as I said above both Hamilton and Alonso were very aggressive. There will always be an element of risk in racing but increasing that risk through reckless driving should not be a goal for F1.

Hamilton should be disqualified from the whole season...

LOL! He definitely isn't showing maturity and seems to blame everybody but himself, if he doesn't get a penalty this week, serious questions need to be asked about the sanity of the FIA.

Yeah, I have been shocked at how Button has outclassed Hamilton. I don't think Hamilton expected it which is explaining his wreckless driving, something we never saw in his last seasons. I think his "new-boy" feel has worn off and been replaced with a "lunatic" label.

I love Alonso, he is one of the few drivers left that aren't crafty and afraid to bend the rules. Without him F1 would have a massive hole in it IMO.

I don't think the big teams will be watching Petrov at all. The fact that they guy in the other side of the garage has been mullering the main teams and is right in the title challenge. I think Petrov should be expected to get points results, especially when Kubica is up getting podiums. But I was very impressed with him, as well as Alguersuari.

Well you could say they both would of made it down the pitlane 2 wide without issues if Vettel didnt try to run in him to the pitboxes. Also the gap between both releases is around 1 second which is way to close for the lollypop man to try to stop hamilton as he cant be looking at every car in their boxes (And other cars that will probably be coming down the pitlane) aswell as hes own crew to see when they are ready.

Edit: Both drivers get reprimand for the pit antics.
Vettel
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/chn-document-40.pdf
Hamilton
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/chn-document-39.pdf

I'm really lost for words how Vettel should be penalized. Hamilton was realised in an attempt to pass Vettel and he came storming out nearing spinning the car and trying to go side by side with him out of the pits. I can remember Massa getting penalized for something identical to that. Knowing Hamilton, I doubt anyone will penalize him.

Time for Schumacher to :surr: ?

If ever there was a case of pride goeth before a fall, this would be it. I do believe that Schumacher could probably get back on terms with Rosberg before the end of the season, but he is paying a huge price for being out of the game for three years. The grid is probably one of the youngest, fittest and most competitive grids in F1 history and he is giving up three years of track time, three years of technical development and is in danger of giving Rosberg a platform where he can not lose.

The biggest difference that I have noticed, is that he is considered fair game by every other driver on the grid. He doesn't command the same respect or intimidation factor that he had when he was king of the hill. Now the drivers have that reaction when a Hamilton or Alonso floods their mirrors. Those guys have what Michael had, what Senna had, what all past champions had in their day - they had beaten the guy in front before they even arrived on the scene: in his head.

Schumacher is probably just as fast as he was before, he just has so much of a handicap now there is no in-season testing.

PS - as I have said before, I am a Mansell/Hill fan, so grab that pinch of salt as you read :D.

I said that from the start, people will now remember him as the "7-times world champion..... who couldn't cut it with the newboys" instead of "one of the greatest drivers of all time." It's unfortunate but I think Schumi should of stayed in the history books.

Reminds me of Mansell in that dog McLaren in 95... Thank god he quit before it overshadowed 86-93!

Oh - I am putting my money on Hamilton in a RedBull in the next two years. Webber doesn't have the racecraft to cut it (a bit like Coulthard) and Lewis doesn't have the same connection (comfort-zone at McLaren). Could be wrong... But... :D.

I love Alonso, he is one of the few drivers left that aren't crafty and afraid to bend the rules. Without him F1 would have a massive hole in it IMO.

Well, he is not the only one there Ross, but he is the only one into the FIA rules. The other driver not afraid to bend the rules is Lewis Hamilton, but he is not afraid because he will never get a penalty but a little talk from stewarts after the race... whatever he does.

By the way, wasn´t it forbiden to make breaking tests under Safety Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back