2010 Formula One British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Prix Silverstone Camping

Hi all,

Has anybody stayed at the SilverstoneCircuit Campsite? Is it any good or should I stay at one of the many other campsites. I'll have 2 kids 7 & 10 with me. All advice welcome as I'm a F1 Virgin, though by Silverstone time I will have been to Monaco. Any advice on the Monaco GP is welcome also.

I stayed at the Silverstone campsite, it was fine. Couldn't complain about anything.
Your talking about the campsite on the Golf Course right?

There are, I'm realising, a lot of campsites around and very close to Silverstone. It's the one thats actually at, and is part of the circuit. It's on Silverstone's map of the Circuit facilities behind Club Corner and can only be booked via Silverstone with your tickets.
Thanks for the info about the Golf Course site though.

Please give the title to McLaren now and save a lot of €

So, Fernando is overtaking Kubica, he closes the door waaaay to late, Fernando goes out, Ferrari asks Race Direction about what to do, they say let Kubica recover position (as Kubica confirmed), but meanwhile Kubica retires... then, to be sure they destroy Alonso's race, they put a Drive Through after the supposed disadventaged driver is out due to mechanical failure, so Fernando won maybe 1 second cutting, and now is last.

Where the hell are the famous "warnings" now?, what a joke, over all considering what happened in Valencia last week, I would be really ashamed if I'm from F1, but you have to be able to feel shame for that. This is in fact a manipulated spectacle.

Now when he complains he will be crying and this and that and bla bla...

Alonso screwed by the stewards and Safety car 2 races in a row. God I'm so angry. They want passing in F1, but when a driver boldly attempts a pass gets fully alongside and then run off the track he has to get penalised!!! So basically if someones passing you just run them off the track and your ok!!!

Its more the fun thing that you always say that Mclaren got benefit from it.
Now Mclaren has nothing to do with it but you still drag them in. If you dont like Mclaren or Hamilton or Button just say so, that will make it easier to understand.

Its more the fun thing that you always say that Mclaren got benefit from it.
Now Mclaren has nothing to do with it but you still drag them in. If you dont like Mclaren or Hamilton or Button just say so, that will make it easier to understand.

Oh sorry thought they are leading championship, they were benefited by stewards in 3 races before this one, and now their rivals are screwed in a totally unfair way.

It's really evident relation, don't you think?

I see it clear, you like a driver and you don't care on how they win, that's pretty intelligent, on the history only who wins last, not how.

Yeah they got the points that way...
Webber and Vettel got screwed by stewards at Istanbul.
And Webber was forced by the stewards to fly in Valencia.
But we can have this discussion every week because you will find a reason to blame Mclaren even if they didnt race...

Like i said last week i dont care about Mclaren i never did since i watched F1.

I am out.

Yeah they got the points that way...
Webber and Vettel got screwed by stewards at Istanbul.
And Webber was forced by the stewards to fly in Valencia.
But we can have this discussion every week because you will find a reason to blame Mclaren even if they didnt race...

Like i said last week i dont care about Mclaren i never did since i watched F1.

I am out.

Again, no arguments, "I'm out". As I said to you before, you can go out, in, up and down, you are free to do whatever you want to :), but you have to make some valid points if you want to follow a discussion.

You are not understandin: I'm not blaming McLaren, I'm blaming Race Direction. I'm saying McLaren is the team benefited by the consecuences of Race Direction decisions. Hope you finally understand it now.

McLaren are a good team that has two fast drivers, both of them WC, so they will win races and be always a championship contender.

But they are systematically benefited by stewards, directly ("waving", "pitlane exit", "fuel in qualy", "SC overtake", this 4 only this season, and specially in Hamilton's person) or indirectly (rivals get disproportional penalties instead).

That is my argunent, what is yours?... I'm out?

I dont need arguments because there is nothing where i need it for. Because there is nothing going one.
I understand that your pissed at the Race direction but Mclaren is also always in your post. So i cant ignore that.

Xose, just quit it. It seems like there always has to be some sort of fixing involved... I for one am sick of it, as are many others on here. I think that the judgement on Alonso was unfair too, but it's almost as if you're looking for the slightest correlation, however insignificant, to hinge your conspiracy theories on. And for the record, no, I am not a McLaren fan...

Back to the race, great job by Webber. It must be an amazing turn-around for him after Valencia. I really enjoyed this race, despite missing the first third (season final of Doctor Who, can't miss it... :D).

IMO the desision from the stewards was right, I mean sure Kubica did not give Alonso enough room but Alonso should have let Kubica pass because Alonsos Wheels where no near the kerbs wich made it an easy advantage.

As I said before it's my opinion.

Xose, just quit it. It seems like there always has to be some sort of fixing involved... I for one am sick of it, as are many others on here. I think that the judgement on Alonso was unfair too, but it's almost as if you're looking for the slightest correlation, however insignificant, to hinge your conspiracy theories on. And for the record, no, I am not a McLaren fan...

Is not conspiracy theory, is just seeing the facts, and comparing case by case what happens when it's a McLaren car involved or not. You are sick of it?, can't imagine me and "many others", that are never allowed to see a clean F1 race.

Call conspiracy any correlation of facts you don't like to make it look ridiculous is really childish, innocent... because conspiracies do exist in real life also, many examples in history, and there are millions of € in commercial interests inside F1.

Today, Webber fans can claim Red Bull stated Vettel as 1st team driver, because he broke is front wing yesterday and instead put his old one, they took off the new one from Webber's car to give it to Vettel. Of course Red Bull says the new one is not better... so why you give it to Vettel then?

Webber was really pissed off, saying there is no more fair play inside Red Bull... conspiration maniac I guess...

But the "conspiration" exist there for a reason. For Red Bull, a winning Vettel is way more interesting than Webber, because he's young, he has an "indie" looks that fit's perfect the Red Bull's objective public (young people) and with other red bull "extreme sports" guys, he's a perfect image for the brand.

Sorry guys but when money is involved life becomes way more complicated, and don't forget this, F1 is, first than any other thing, a business :wink:

Cya!

IMO the desision from the stewards was right, I mean sure Kubica did not give Alonso enough room but Alonso should have let Kubica pass because Alonsos Wheels where no near the kerbs wich made it an easy advantage.

As I said before it's my opinion.

The decision was maybe right, it comes to an interpretation, the punishment is what is really out of any logic:

BBC said:
The Spaniard had a terrible race that was a huge blow to his title chances.
His poor start dropped him to fifth on the first lap behind Webber, Hamilton, Renault's Robert Kubica and Rosberg.
He was then given a drive-through penalty for overtaking Kubica while off the track and gaining an advantage.
He had tried to overtake Kubica around the outside of Brooklands corner, but the Pole ran his car to the outside of the track, putting Alonso off the circuit.
He passed Kubica as he rejoined the track at the next corner, Luffield. The stewards initially decided to order Alonso to give the place back to Kubica, but before he could the Renault retired and the penalty was changed into a drive-through.
The timing of the penalty meant he had to serve it immediately after a safety car period, which was called on lap 27 to remove debris on the track, and it dropped him to 16th.
He eventually finished 14th after a late-race puncture caused when he was touched by Force India's Vitantonio Liuzzi as he passed the Italian for 11th place with three laps to go.
BBC analysts Martin Brundle and David Coulthard described the decision as "extremely harsh".
It was the second race in succession that Alonso has lost places controversially in connection with a stewards' decision and he is now 47 points - or nearly two wins - behind Hamilton in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%