2010 Formula One British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys but when money is involved life becomes way more complicated, and don't forget this, F1 is, first than any other thing, a business :wink:

Okay, 1: What does that have to do with Alonso vs. Mclaren and stewards,

and 2: What possible reason could the stewards have to "help" McLaren? Your point of view makes absolutely no sense to me.

Okay, 1: What does that have to do with Alonso vs. Mclaren and stewards,

and 2: What possible reason could the stewards have to "help" McLaren? Your point of view makes absolutely no sense to me.

To be clear, F1 is way more profitable with Hamilton as Champion.

It has to do both with nationality and being the first person catching interest from a new group of people traditionally not interested in F1, due to ethnic origin.

Also very very important with next move to attract again USA market.

Of course they won't make him win, but the favouritism will always exist if you know it's good for the business... Bernie was very clear once saying what would be his ideal champion profile... because for him is not the best driver, is the one who attracts more people and money.

Another example of economical influence in Sports is Petrov at Renault. Now that he's there, Renault has a business agreement with LADA, and even more important the way to a Russian GP is open, because the audiences raised x3 since he's on F1. He was PUT THERE on propose by F1 Management, is not Renault wanted Petrov at all, but renault got some things in exchange, not sporting things though.

For pure sporting reasons Petrov won't be in a Renault this year. Of course he's a good driver, and you have to to be in F1, but that's only part of the equation.

Sounds conspirative?... well, it's business and marketing strategy, let's talk in 10 years and see if you think everything is as transparent as you think now :)

Cya!.

Well Xose what do you think of SPA 2008 when Hamilton needed to cut the chicane to avoid hitting kimi and gave the place back but still was given 25 second penalty? (Same penalty as drive through)

To be clear, F1 is way more profitable with Hamilton as Champion.

It has to do both with nationality and being the first person catching interest from a new group of people traditionally not interested in F1, due to ethnic origin.

Also very very important with next move to attract again USA market.

Of course they won't make him win, but the favouritism will always exist if you know it's good for the business... Bernie was very clear once saying what would be his ideal champion profile... because for him is not the best driver, is the one who attracts more people and money.

I know is not the best thing to know, but it is how the world works.

Cya!.

Frankly, I can't wait for Alonso to win a race soon, cause to be honest that is the only way to stop you from whining about manupilation or unfair racing. And all you talk about is facts this and facts that. Well I think it's about interpretation of the facts. For you it's a fact, for others it's different because they have a different intrepretation. That's human :)
Alonso cheated (he didn't let Kubica through. He should have, cause he had all the time overtaking him again. In a fair way) Hamilton also cheated in last race. Hamilton got a penalty, so did Alonso. That is fact in my eyes.

It was clear to everyone that Alonso should give the position to Kubica and he must do it just after the overtake, not 1 or two laps later, that story that he was considering give position when Kubica quit don’t make any sense, he have more then enough time to do it.

Frankly, I can't wait for Alonso to win a race soon, cause to be honest that is the only way to stop you from whining about manupilation or unfair racing. And all you talk about is facts this and facts that. Well I think it's about interpretation of the facts. For you it's a fact, for others it's different because they have a different intrepretation. That's human :)

And I can't wait for some people learning to read.

First, "ad hominem non sequitur", google it.

Second, I commented many races before, but I'm sure you read last week and this one and come here acting as if you know something about me :)

Third, actually there was a lot of polemics worldwide about Valencia incident, if it was fair for you, is ok, but that's your individual oppinion, hope you have something to support it further than personal attacks.

Four, check BBC quote, I suppose they are very biased like me.

Five, if you once have to be judged, hope to be judged about facts and not "interpretations" :)

Cya.

It was clear to everyone that Alonso should give the position to Kubica and he must do it just after the overtake, not 1 or two laps later, that story that he was considering give position when Kubica quit don’t make any sense, he have more then enough time to do it.

They asked Race Direction because Kubica actually pushed him off track, was not a simple "chicane jump", Kubica closed the door too late, and stewards did not had a clear veredict.

Well Xose what do you think of SPA 2008 when Hamilton needed to cut the chicane to avoid hitting kimi and gave the place back but still was given 25 second penalty? (Same penalty as drive through)

We talked about this last week, but I think in that case Hamilton got penalty for attack Kimi right after give position back, using the whole situation to finally overtake, so is not exactly the same. As you can see on video, he could also avoid contact just braking a little but decides to cut to don't loose speed and be able to attack on next corner. You have a more detailed explanation in David Garcia's "thanks Hamilton" thread.

Anyway, IMHO, the punishment has to be proportional to the fault and the damage, is what we agreed for STC right?.

I know that, but aren't we in the same championship? Rules change from race to race? Is this the most professional motorsport competition or a racing club event?

So many people involved and is this the best they can do?

Dunno, they "made more clear" 4 rules this year:

No more than one direction change when defending --> after Hamilton vs Petrov incident

Minimum time to go back to pits after qualy --> After Hamilton "fuelgate" at canada

Penalty for touching the blue line in pits --> After Hamilton - Vettel pit exit over the blue line

SC overtaking rule --> after Hamilton overtaking SC in Valencia

I'm sorry, but they never punish him and always have to "clarify" the rules after. I think the "no more than one direction change when defending" one is almost universal was pretty clear already, but it seems not.

They have to continuously modify the rules because they don't penalyze driver broken them, so have to find any justification after, that is the reason I see considering it happened all the time.

Cya-

Uhh, 2hours of British commentator drivel as usual, "THIS IS THE BEST RACE I HAVE EVER SEEN" "MAGGOTS AND BECKETTS ARE THE GREATEST CORNERS EVER" uhh, please gimme a break. Your biased in every other sport, please just accept your track is crap and move on and accept it.

The race was good, for Silverstone levels that is. The new track didn't provide the passing expected, yet it is now the best part of the previously impossible to overtaking track, now has 1 or 2 places. For me, Silverstone is an amazing trap to test on and to practise, but put 24 cars on one field and it's a different story. It takes Alonso to go on the grass to get by a way slower Kubica - and then gets penalized for it. I'm siding with Xose on this one, put a McLaren in Alonso's shoes and I highly doubt there would of been a penalty, rather the BBC commentators shouting "The greatest pass ever!!!" I don't mind Jake, DC and Eddie "the Hero" Jordan but Martin Brundle and Ledgard are crap.
Oh yeah, back to the track - the only reason there were passes was because far far faster cars in Vettel and the Ferrari's. Take that out of the race and there were basically no passes. Yes it's not as bad as Monaco, Valencia and Singapore, but I hate the way the commentators seem to think this is a brilliant track. For me, Silverstone is about the 6th best, but most British tracks are small and twisty, so Silverstone will have to do considering Donington was shamefully axed.

We talked about this last week, but I think in that case Hamilton got penalty for attack Kimi right after give position back, using the whole situation to finally overtake, so is not exactly the same. As you can see on video, he could also avoid contact just braking a little but decides to cut to don't loose speed and be able to attack on next corner. You have a more detailed explanation in David Garcia's "thanks Hamilton" thread.

Anyway, IMHO, the punishment has to be proportional to the fault and the damage, is what we agreed for STC right?.

The difference is though that he gave the advantage back and then some but Kimi was struggling under the conditions, meanwhile Alonso just kept on going and then got a penalty which is consistant/comparative with what Hamilton got.

Yes it was used today.. The Camera was looking at the SC when SC situation was issued but it didnt come out till Webber was coming around onto the front straight even though it was almost 1 minute after it was issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 338 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%