2010 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium

The 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship moves to Brazil for its penultimate round, with a thrilling race and title showdown anticipated.

Ferrari's Fernando Alonso is the new championship leader, with 231 points, having moved ahead of his four rivals by winning the compelling inaugural Korean Grand Prix two weeks ago. That race resulted in a no-score for former championship leader Mark Webber, of Red Bull Racing, who retired on lap 18 but remains in second place, with 220 points. His team-mate Sebastian Vettel also failed to score in Korea. Despite dominating the race he retired after an engine failure with less than 10 laps to go. He now lies fourth in the championship, with 206 points. McLaren duo Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button — who clinched the 2009 world title at this race last year — remain in the title chase: Hamilton lies third with 210 points, while Button, on 189, must finish at least second at Interlagos to have any hope of retaining his title. The constructors' title, meanwhile, has been opened up by the double DNF of Red Bull Racing — the team's first since the 2008 Australian Grand Prix. The team still leads, on 426 points, but McLaren have 399 points and Ferrari 374. With 129 Constructors' points still available, and a margin of only 52 points between Ferrari and Red Bull Racing, all three teams will be looking to score heavily in Brazil.

This year's Brazilian Grand Prix is the 38th edition of the race, which first joined the Formula One calendar in 1973. The relatively short Interlagos circuit is popular with drivers and is noted for its challenging layout and frequently bumpy surface. It has been the venue for many dramatic races over the years and fickle local weather conditions have on many occasions contributed to unpredictable results.

Circuit_Interlagos.svg
Circuit_Interlagos.png

Time schedule in GMT

Fri 05 November 2010
Practice 1 12:00 - 13:30
Practice 2 16:00 - 17:30

Sat 06 November 2010
Practice 3 13:00 - 14:00
Qualifying 16:00

Sun 07 November 2010

Race 16:00

Great intro Bram.

I don´t see a champion coming out of Brazil, but I think it will depend on the weather, as there was a rainy broadcast for today´s qualifying and it could really make things diferent on the race. LOOK HERE for the weather forecast, LOL 100% rain possibilties.

In my eyes only Webber and Alonso will reach last race with options, and I really think Red Bull should consider (they should have done 5 races ago) to support Webber clearly.

Great intro Bram.

I don´t see a champion coming out of Brazil, but I think it will depend on the weather, as there was a rainy broadcast for today´s qualifying and it could really make things diferent on the race. LOOK HERE for the weather forecast, LOL 100% rain possibilties.

In my eyes only Webber and Alonso will reach last race with options, and I really think Red Bull should consider (they should have done 5 races ago) to support Webber clearly.

Why dont you think that Hamilton will make it. Sure he got a bad car compare to the other 2 teams but some times he finishes in the most unexpected posisions like on the last race.

I am right with you about the Webber support but in Red Bull's eyes Vettel is the driver which they will support no matter what and there for Webber told the media that he will move to Ferrari. Ferrari in the other hand have not answered to that comment but I think that MAssa is about to lose his spot at Ferrari since he have not been able to perform as good as Alonso.

For this weekends race I belive Hamilton and Alonso have the best confidence since both of them finished the race at Korea. But Alonso might have less confidence since he got the problem with his engine. He used his 8th engine since Monza so imagen the damage. Webbers and Vettels confidence must be quite bad due to there DNF's and both most be under alot of presure from the team because they are about to lose the Constructures championship if they make the same mistakes which they have done all this year and that is to support Vettel when Webber is clearly closer to the tittle then Vettel.

I dont know about you guys but I expect a very even grid because Interlagos got a bit of evrything. It got a high downforce section and it got a low downforce section. From the swedish TV they said that Hamilton and Button had the highest speed at evry single section which ofcource was not surprising for them but I belive and hope that Mclaren have been running with low effect on there motor because this track should really suite them well.

*Please Rain today* :D

Edit: I just read from the Greek TV that Webber will stay with Red Bull so the previous comment most have been information manipulation by the Swedish TV or the other way around.

I don't think Alonso will wrap it up this weekend either. An odd stat they said on the P1 coverage this morning... since Turkey 2009 the leader of the Championship at the start of a race weekend, has never won the race. Quite an amazing stat. However I am quite sure Alonso will be looking to buck that trend.

I won't be able to watch Qualifying or the race because of the time difference, but I'm going to take off my level-headed hat, put on my Patriotic hat and say Go Webber! Do it for Australia!! :D

This is reallly intresting. BBC say that Mclaren will go for wet setup to get a good grid spot while I sow that the Swedish TV commentators were saing that Hamilton is changing to dry setup so he can be quick on tomorows Race.

I belive all this is just a psycological game so the opponent teams will make a mistake. If this works or not will be revield tomorow. Now let Qualify BEGIN!!!!

For five minutes i was sure that Michael Schumacher would grab pole :)

Thankfully he didn't... his fans would have been insufferable! lol...

It was a great, if a bit weather slanted result for Hulk. Nice to see Williams back up there though.

Bit of a side question here... why is Schumacher the only driver that the live timing does not denote with first 3 letter of last name. He is not SCH, he is MSC.. anyone know why exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back