2010 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
hug6s6.png

This weekend the first round of the GT1 World Championship is held on the circuit of Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi. Post away your thoughts please :redface:

Really looking forward to it. But haven't found any info on TV-coverage?

But I'm a bit more excited about FIA GT3 Euro-series. Lovely cars there and a nice grid + live coverage on Motors TV! :) (and I'm still drooling thanks to those pics of the Mercedes SLS GT3 coming later this year:tongue:)

http://gt1world.com/news/article/battle-lines-drawn-for-abu-dhabi-

We will announce shortly details of our partner Television broadcast deals which means fans can watch live television coverage around the world.
On GT1world.com, we will be streaming live coverage of qualifying and championship races on our GT1TV channel as well as live timing throughout the season. Further details to be announced soon.
FIA GT1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - ROUND ONE - ABU DHABI TIMETABLE

Friday 16 April
13:00 - 14:20 FREE PRACTICE (80 mins)
16:10 - 17:30 PRE QUALIFYING (80 mins)
19:30 - 20:30 QUALIFYING (60 mins)
Saturday 17 April
13:30 - 14:00 WARM UP
16:00 - 17:00 QUALIFYING RACE (60 MINS - ROLLING START)
19:30 - 20:30 CHAMPIONSHIP RACE (60 MINS - ROLLING START)
All times are local
The question is how soon is soon? First races are this weekend and they say they will announce their TV broadcast partners shortly. :) Anyway, I don't care about TV if we can watch it from GT1world website.

omg Sport1 :/ they already messed up moto gp one of the worst german tv channels at all besides sending most of the day some
stupid fooball talks they only show naked girls over night how tehy can give the rights to such a bad channel ??

i hope too that the stream works as it wont be live on Sport1 even it says so on the web page, as even motogp is showed not live
but they have a contract that says they have to show live still they dont and split up the coverage to there own liking
last weekend they even preferd to show some 3rd class english football insteed of 125ccm class they managed only to show the last 3 laps
and even this 3 laps they had to skip one lap to slide in a one spot advertising so i nfact they showed only 2 laps
then the made brake for more football and showed moto2 delayed o.O so realy i pray to god the stream will work and the server is stable
enough

Insane crash yesterday that red flagged the qualification

Natacha Gachnang, the Matech Competition driver, who had a high-speed accident during Qualifying in Abu Dhabi yesterday, has a double compound fracture of her right leg and after a successful operation she is stable and recovering in the Sheikh Khalifa Hospital in Abu Dhabi.
The incident took place during the first Qualifying session, at the end of the straight at Turn 8 of the Yas Marina Circuit, which is the fastest part of the circuit where the drivers are approaching at over 260 kmh.
In explaining the accident, the team said that at the braking point at the end of the straight, she started braking as normal. A leak was reported in the rear brake circuit which required Gachnang to press back hard on the brake.
When putting pressure on the brake pedal Gachnang's foot also pressed the accelerator pedal. The front brake circuit continued to function correctly but the combination of factors led to Gachnang failing to negotiate the corner and going down the escape road, the team confirmed.
It is unclear when Gachnang will return to the cockpit.
On a positive note. The qualication race is live to be seen on the GT1 TV today at www.gt1world.com from 13:00 GMT onwards :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%