2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group G will be pretty easy for Brazil tbh.

i reckon they will have a hard time beating Portugal (also high profile match looking at the history between both countries and Portugal is an awful team to play against) and Cote d'Ivoire (with Drogba and Kalou). on my list Brasil will go through but they cannot afford any mistakes or they will be in trouble.

Kaka, Ronaldo and Drogba in the same group?? Yes please! There is no room for complacency for England but it is a group I'm happy with. Group C will probably play Group D in the last 16 right? So possibly Ghana or Serbia in last 16 for England.....

I'll tell you the results already:
Group A: South Africa, 1 Mexico, 2 Uruguay, France
Group B: 1 Nigeria, 2 South Korea, Argentina, Greece
Group C: 1 England, 2 United States, Algeria, Slovenia
Group D: 1 Germany, 2 Australia, Serbia, Ghana
Group E: 1 Netherlands, 2 Denmark, Japan, Cameroon
Group F: 1 Italy, 2 Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia
Group G: 2 Brazil, North Korea, 1 Ivory Coast, Portugal
Group H:1 Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, 2 Chile

Last 16
1.Mexico vs South Korea
2.England vs Australia
3.Nigeria vs Uruguay
4.Germany vs USA
5.Netherlands vs Paraguay
6.Ivory Coast vs Chile
7.Italy vs Denmark
8.Spain vs Brazil

QF
1.Mexico vs England
2.Netherlands vs Ivory Coast
3.Nigeria vs Germany
4.Denmark vs Spain

SF
1.England vs Germany
2.Netherlands vs Spain

3rd Playoff
England vs Spain

F
Netherlands vs Germany (as always)

I have no faith in France with their idiotic manager. Argentina plays crap under Maradona and I think ivory Coast will surprise :p And I think all the CONMEBOL teams won't be doing well this year..

You've got the Engalnd/Nigeria last 16 fixtures in the wrong place for a start Johan :D

I would go with:

Mexico v South Korea
France v Argentina
England v Serbia
USA v Germany
Holland v Slovakia
Cameroon v Italy
Brazil v Switzerland
Ivory Coast v Spain

Mexico v Argentina
England v Germany
Holland v Italy
Brazil v Spain

England v Argentina
Italy v Brazil

England v Brazil

If FIFA still use the standrad format for which team meets which that is. I wouldn't have predicted England to go that far but with Spain and Brazil in the other half......

The breaking news today in The Netherlands is that our star winger Arjen Robben might not be able to play the World Cup because of an injury. Hopefully some (good) news about this later tonight.

Big bummer when he has to miss out.

Oh that would be a bad loss for Netherlands. Hope he will recover in time to play it WorldCup. He was the guy in Bayern Munich which scored a great goal at Champions League Semi Finals wasn't he ? :)

Most possibly he will go to South Africa, but is only able to play again in quarter final or so.. Which isn't too bad.
Group stage should be a walk in the park, and round of 16 should be Slovakia, Paraguay or Italy the opponent, which should be doable. In Quarter finals we really need him again when we most possibly will meet Brazil or Portugal..

And yep he scored that goal for Bayern

4j5dy.jpg

haha Robben's cape should be all torn apart and carrying crutches under his arm :p

Rio Ferdinand is injured for us and will miss the whole tournament. way to get welcomed to captaincy!

haha Robben's cape should be all torn apart and carrying crutches under his arm :p

Rio Ferdinand is injured for us and will miss the whole tournament. way to get welcomed to captaincy!
I don't think missing Ferdinand is the biggest problem in the English squad. I think the goalkeepers are more of a problem. England never had really good gk's except Gordon Banks. The midfield, defence and forwards are pretty good, but the gk is the problem..
Since the 1990's it's poverty for the English on that position. Woods and Martyn weren't exactly world class goal keepers. Seaman had some strange actions.

But what happened to Richard Wright, I remember that around the 2000's he was seen the new great goalkeeper for England, but in 2002 they againa sked for the oldies James, Martyn and Seaman. And still, James is still here at the age of 39?! (Just like our third gk).. In 2004 James and Walker who was there in 1998 as well (lol) who and Robinson a young one. But now in 2010 Robinson isn't going anymore, but now there's...
James @ 39
Robert Green @ 30 and only 10 caps
Joe Hart @ 23 which is nice, but still he has to stay there and not what happened with Robinson and Wright..

All of them haven't played European football this year. Maybe England should invest in GK's and buy fewer player from abroad.

Yeah I know we have made use of Van der Sar for a long time but we have some successors.
Stekelenburg = #1, plays at Ajax for a long time and Arsenal is said to be interested. He's 27 y.o.
Michel Vorm = #2, play at FC Utrecht and I think he'll become #1 in the next few years. He's 26 and getting better very quickly
We got Sander Boschker with us as 3rd goalie, he's 39 y.o. and only 1 or 2 caps I think but rememeber what kind of goalies he had as opponent when he was younger:
Edwin van der Sar, Ed de Goey, Ronald Waterreus, Sander Westerveld (in his good years) and now he has the new generation as opponents.
A lot of keepers are coming through at the moment. Tim Krul @ Newcastle, I hope he'll get #1 spot this year, he's young and talented. Piet Velthuizen @ Vitesse, very talented guy, Kenneth Vermeer @ Ajax, has already played multiple games @ U21.
Where the Netherlands have a problem is the defence and most specifically the left back. We got the old van Bronckhorst there and no good back-up there. We miss a solid CD like Jaap Stam and Frank de Boer I'm only satisfied about our RB, Gregory van der Wiel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%