2010 British Touring Car Championship

Myself and a mate are off to our first live race event, BTCC at Rockingham in April, only other thing I've been to prior to this was RAC Rally at Clumber Park some 20 odd years ago (had to see the 6R4's before they died) so quite looking forward to it and hopefully according to Rob's post we may be seeing something new. Always been a big fan of Touring Cars in general but BTCC in particular because the aggresive driving with a bit of contact here and there makes it exciting, I'd love to see more teams coming in and I think I'd quite like to go back to the two race format as well. Have to agree with Rob's comments about the FIA.

You're brave choosing Rockingham to go to your first ever live BTCC event at, because dont be dissapointed but there is no atmosphere at all because you can only sit on the start finish straight

sunred-sign-tom-boardman-for-2009-thumb-3736_1.jpg

Tom Boardman will return to the British Touring Car Championship after racing in the WTCC the last couple of seasons. He will continue driving the same SEAT Leon TFSI that he drove last season, prepared by Special Tuning UK.

"Although the decision to contest the BTCC came quite late, I'm really looking forward to 2010 as I have missed racing in the UK for a few years now," said Boardman.

"It's going to be difficult, with the number of experienced drivers that will continue in the BTCC this year, but we have set our targets high."

Source | autosport.com

he will be racing one of the Leons that were used by Cartridge World last year because Adam Jones owned one so he's guarenteed to be Tom's team mate, good to see him back. Remember him in production class in the BMW 3 series

I cannot believe it Jason Plato now in a team with a very very good car and his best chance to win the title. So excited about this, finally a manufacturer has entered the BTCC again

Honda isnt an official manufacturer, Steve Neal has said they are giving no more money or help than they have done the past 2 years so its still being run by Team Dynamics, just with Honda's name

It is great Plato gets a good car already for the first round this year. Now he just have to adjust his racing style little bit cleaner and it will be his season. :thumbup:

Plato drove really really well last year, only bad point that probably cost him the title was him pushing Turkington off and subsequently being pushed off and having an awful weekend at Snetterton

I know. He was great but sometimes bit too impatient..well he tried hard to collect points but at Rockingham he pushed maybe too hard and wrecked his car and practically lost his chance to win the title. On the other hand that is what we want to see. Hard racing. :cool:

Its great to see Chevrolet putting in an official team to the BTCC, and with the Cruze too! I love that Cruze, best looking touring car for some time I reckon.
Just a shame they gave it to Plato, now he has a good chance of winning this year, what with Fab and Turkington looking like they aren't getting a drive until possibly mid season.
Not a fan of Plato as you can tell, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the newcomer Alex will fare in the other Cruze; a golden oppurtunity for him to do well!
I hope Colin can get a drive even if it is mid season. :(

Regards.

that was a racing accident Collard left no room so dont start with the rubbish, Matt Neal did very well to get round the outside its just a shame that he came up against another one of the rather boistourous racers (Rob Collard). I was there and Matt Neal had more than enough of an overlap for the move on the inside of the 2nd part of the chicane but Rob obviously didnt realise just how close he was or was trying to force Matt back behind him.

Neal had Kane fair enough it was a great bit of out breaking but he was going nowhere into that chicane and was carrying too much speed, bordering on out of control through the chicane. He hit Collard and I don't care if you say you were sat in the car next to him the replays and Tim Harvey back that POV.

oh well i aint gettin into an argument over it but i think a little bit should have been given by both of them. Its not surprising that people dont want to sponsor anyone in this series anymore when things like that happen and people throw away points and wins

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back