2009 World Rally Championship

Yeah it looks like chris atkinson will be racing in rnd1 with citroen, but nothing concrete after that. Citroen have siad that they are very intrested in keeping him for long term though. lets hope chris manages to finish well.

Yeh, Atkinson is driving s sister Citroen to Loeb, good for him. Still, I'll miss Solberg at Rally Ireland this year, he just was out signing autographs, taking pictures, and never grumpy. Great bloke...

Maybe some day they'll come back. Here's to hoping!

• Wido Rossen

VW considering rally entrance

Volkswagen is considering a move into the World Rally Championship and is expected to make a decision in the near future.

The German manufacturer will finalise plans for its future motorsport activity once it has completed this year's Dakar Rally.

VW motorsport director Kris Nissen revealed that the WRC is an option and said that a global motorsport programme is "important" to VW.

"We want to make a decision after Dakar," he told this week's Autosport magazine. "We have looked at the World Rally Championship and we have been keen to investigate whether this would be possible, as well as the Dakar or instead of the Dakar.

"Volkswagen is one of the world's biggest car manufacturers. International competition is really important - Dakar is international competition but so is the WRC. Nothing is decided yet."

• Wido Rossen

The Pheaton :rotfl:....no i think it would be the Golf or perhaps the Scirocco

Oh Kimi :)..Great video!

I heard that Montezemolo himself (who drove the same event years ago) was actually at the event keeping an eye on the ice man. I hope Ferrari keeps letting Kimi do this kind of things. If they do then maybe we will see Kimi in F1 for a few more years, as he seems happier then ever at Ferrari.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%