2009 Swedish Touring Car Championship

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

The Swedish Touring Car Championship could get two street races in 2009 or 2010 in the two biggest cities of Sweden. Plans for a street race in Gothenburg, the second largest city, are already announced for next year. But plans for a street race in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, have been announced now.

A drawing has been developed, showing a planned route in the very center of Stockholm.
"I have heard of that rout and it looks fun. No one would be more happy than me if we could get two street races," said STCC owner Rickard Pålsson.

Attachments

• stcc07112401.jpg
    stcc07112401.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 537
  • Wido Rossen

STCC Peugeot 308 S2000

The first official drawings on the S2000 Peugeot 308 of Johan Stureson and the IPS Motorsport-team have been revealed by STCC.se. Stureson is looking forward to the first test of the car, which will not be on the two test days later this week at Knutstorp and Sturup.
"We are not ready yet and we will take an extra week to complete everything. The car will be good, that I am completely sure of," said Stureson.
Currently the car is in Sweden with the team and has got the rollbar, engine, suspension, etc. mounted.

stcc-308.jpg

"There are some components that are completely new that needs to be build, manufactured and mounted," said Stureson.

Noticeably the car is two-door, just as the Volvo C30, something that requires special permission from the organisers as the S2000 rules requires four doors.

The car will most likely make its first apperance, with Johan Stureson behind the wheel, at Gelleråsen for the third official STCC on April the 10Th.

( source Touringcar times )

STCC: Video of the new S2000 Volvo C30

TouringCarTimes - STCC: Video of the new S2000 Volvo C30 wrote:

Today at Gelleråsen Volvo made their first public appearance with the new Volvo C30 S2000. Robert Dahlgren and Tommy Rustad made many laps with their two C30's.
"It is a really good feeling, I sit just like in a single seater in it. I think this can be really good, but we have some things to work on," said Dahlgren.
By TouringCarTimesFriday, 11 April 2008 13:51 CET Dahlgren's best time put him sixth in the time list of the first STCC-test half while Rustad only did a short shakedown lap.

The C30 carries many parts from the previous S60-model. The engine for instance is the very same 5-cylinder bio-ethanol converted one that they have used for many years.

TouringCarTimes presents a short video of the C30:

GOOD CHRIST WHAT A SOUND IS THAT!! :thumb:

• Wido Rossen

Ow my god......WTCC eat your heart out.
That is one sick sound....:alla:
Bring that car to the WTCC......please....

• Wido Rossen

Tough debute Volvo C30 in STCC

The Volvo C30, prepared by Polestar Racing, had a difficult debute. The newly developed S2000 car had his first outing in a race, but didn't have the success the team had hoped for. With problems during qualifying and the race, the team now concentrates on improving the car to show the competition what they are capable of during the next race at Sturup in two weeks.

Tommy Rustad qualified eleventh for the race, but there were technical problems with Robert Dahlgren's car, which prevented him from participating in the qualifying session. Subsequently, he had to start from the back of the grid in today's race.

stcc08042004-a.jpg

Team manager Christian Dahl explained what happened after qualifying: "We had problem with an uniball that we could not repair during the qualifying session on Dahlgren's car. It feels a bit heavy, but the car should be ready for the race."

After hard work from the engineers, the car was ready for the race. However, unfortunately Dahlgren's race only lasted one lap. Tommy Kristoffersson went off after the first corner and bounced back onto the track. Dahlgren was unable to avoid him and hit him straight on.

image.jpg

"The track was blocked right and left, I locked my brakes but had no chance to stop", Dahlgren said. "I was just about to select third gear. I was able to brake down to perhaps 140 km/h before I hit Kristoffersson."

Tommy Rustad's race started of quite good. He could keep up with the other cars in the top ten, but misfortune struck him, as the hoses for the pitstop gear were not put according to the rules during his pitstop. Rustad received a drive through penalty and dropped back to eleventh place. "It was a shame, I thought I had a good pace", Rustad said after the race.

"But it is hard in the early stages, we are guessing when it comes to the setup. Bad luck with the drive through, the mechanics have worked flat out with the car for the last couple of weeks, so perhaps its not that strange."

The team is dissapointed with the result, but stay optimistic for the rest of the season. "I am of course disappointed. I am not disappointed that we did not score any points, I am more disappointed that we could not show our opponents what they will come to fear", Dahlgren warned his competitors.

Source:Mediaempire.se

Here is the replay of the first STCC round. First it is Superbike, then Posrche Carrera Cup and then STCC :) Don't click on the green play button if it doesn't redirect you to the program! Click on the link under the text!

Link: svt.se - Play landningssida

(There are also replays from last years races of STCC to the right but that is not of the entire races).

:5038:

I have been there last weekend and knutstorp is one of the most challenging tracks i have ever seen!

Great event

Here's the link to the second round of the STCC. This time it is from Sturup Raceway, a very tricky track, and there were a thrilling end to the race! The STCC race is at the end of the program with Pro Superbike and JTCC before it.

If it doesn't redirect you to the program do as I wrote in the previuos post with round 1 in :)

• Wido Rossen

Gelleråsen 17/8

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0sOVq3yK0A[/media]

STCC start at Gelleråsen with many incedents ( as usual )

Saab 2009

Saab is entering the STCC in 2009!
Some photos of the s2000 9-3 it looks sweet.
My blue flag mates clued me into this.

Attachments

• Saab-93-touringcar.jpg
    Saab-93-touringcar.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 722
  • stcc08092502.jpg
    stcc08092502.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 840

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%