2009 Superbike World Championship

• Wido Rossen

The Big boy`s come to England on 26-27-28 of June.

Donnington.jpg

Track facts:

• Wido Rossen

WSBK 2009 round 10 : Brno

Round 10 on the 26th of July

Brno-1.jpg

Track Facts:
Length: 5403,19m
Width:15,00m
Corners:14 (6 left, 8 right)
Difference in elevation:73,75m
Sea altitude:450m

Track Records:
125cc class:
2003 L. Cecchinello Aprilia 2:07,836 Dry
250cc class:
2007 J. Lorenzo Aprilia 2:02,299 Dry
500cc class:
2001 V. Rossi Honda 2:01, 461 Dry
MotoGP class:
2008 C.Stoner Ducati 1:57,199 Dry
Superbike:
2008 M. Fabrizio Ducati 1:59,979 Dry

• Wido Rossen

WSBK 2009 round 11 : Nurburgring.

Round 11 for the big boys on the 6th of September

nurnburg.jpg

Track Facts:
Length : 5137 M
Corners : 11 right / 6 left

Track Record:
Max Neukichner 1.55,471 ( 2008 )

Forza Max! Finally Max and Aprilia enjoy the top step of the podium in race one at Brno.

Great also to see Ten Kate fill 2nd and 3rd and see a BMW in the top 5. Biaggi's achievement in race one was slightly overshadowed by Ben Spies suffering another misfortune (this time thanks to a bone headed manoeuvre by Fabrizio).

Race two was another cracker, Spies getting the win from Biaggi and Fabrizio. Haga who was riding in considerable pain, (recovering from a broken wrist and shoulder blade) rode extremely well and holds onto a narrow points lead going into the European summer break.

Cheers.

Haga on pole for the races later tonight (my time zone) then:

2 J.Rea
3 L.Haslam
4 T.Corser
5 J.Sykes
6 M.Biaggi
7 B.Spies
8 C.Checa
9 M. Fabrizio
10 B. Parkes

Haga, Rea, Spies, Haslam & Corser have been up at the pointy end of nearly every session. Should be a cracking race.

Cheers.

• Wido Rossen

Round 12 of the WSBK on the 27th of September

Imola.jpg

Track facts:
LAP DISTANCE: 4,909 m
Number of laps:21

Watched both WSBK races in between the MotoGP.

First race was a fascinating battle between Spies and Haga. Great rides by both with a surprise 3rd place.

Second race was very eventful for the championship...congrats to the winner Rea!

The second place man in the title hunt as it stands now has a mountain to climb, the momentum has definitely swung against him.

Cheers.

The Ben Spies Method

Many people have wondered how Ben Spies is so quick at tracks he has never done before, now he opens up and tells the world:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiVCbMlXxNM[/ame]

• Wido Rossen

Simoncelli made it very difficult for Max Biaggi.
Almost costed Max his race.
But a great job from the hairy Italian.:bang:

I think he has got a future in the WSBK.

• Wido Rossen

WSBK 2009 round 13 :Magny cours

The penultimate race of the 2009 season on the 4th of October

magnycours.jpg

Track Facts :
lenght : 4,411 meters
width : 10.40 to 18 meters
pitlane with 48 garages - "boxes"
lighting on the track
9 km of security lanes on both sides of the track
permanent medical center
40,000 m2 paddock

• Brad Johnson

Simoncelli made it very difficult for Max Biaggi.
Almost costed Max his race.
But a great job from the hairy Italian.:bang:

I think he has got a future in the WSBK.

When he's older maybe yeah, But if you have opportunities at Moto GP, why move down to WSBK.

Talking about the Aprillias, Leon Camier who has dominated and just one the BSB championship, will be riding at this weekends Magny cours round for Aprillia. Could be a possible full time ride next year.....:glasses-cool:

By Gary Pinchin -
World Superbikes
30 September 2009 15:54

Aprilia revealed today that Leon Camier approached the Italian factory about a possible WSB factory ride at the start of this season.

In one of racing’s best kept secrets, Camier will now race the Aprilia RSV4 at Magny Cours this weekend in what the factory are describing as ‘a test’.

Aprilia’s Daniele Tosatti told MCN: “We are waiting on confirmation from his team and Yamaha that everything is okay, but Leon should ride for us this weekend in France.

"He is a good rider and we are still thinking about next year. He has done well in BSB and has a lot of experience on a Superbike.”

Aprilia are yet to confirm their team structure for 2010, but are expected to need at least one rider to replace Nakano with the possibility of more rides becoming available should they elect to run an additional two man satellite squad.

“Leon contacted us earlier in the year about riding for us next season. For now it is just a test for him, we don’t know what will happen at Portimao and with regard to next year it depends on how many bikes we run - which is not yet confirmed.”

Camier has made no secret of his desire to switch to WSB in 2010 and a good performance this weekend could secure him a place in the squad alongside Max Biaggi in 2010.

Toseland and Crutchlow to WSB

By Marc Potter -
World Superbikes
01 October 2009 11:31

Yamaha has officially confirmed that James Toseland and Cal Crutchlow will form an all-British Yamaha WSB front for 2010, as exclusively revealed by MCN.

Cal moves up from the World Supersport championship where he’s currently leading by two points, and Toseland swaps seats with Ben Spies who will take his Tech 3 Yamaha MotoGP ride.

28-year-old Toseland said: "I'm looking forward to return to World Superbikes. I want to show I’m still the rider that can win world titles. Of course there is some disappointment at losing my opportunity in MotoGP as I believe the challenge was still achievable, but the R1 has proven to be beyond the strongest bikes in Superbike and I know many of the Yamaha World Superbike Team guys.

"I'm going to pick up where I left off and give 100% to achieving good results with the team. Within Superbike there were a few options available to me, however the way Yamaha have treated me since I joined them has been outstanding. They gave me a great opportunity in MotoGP, but now I do wish Ben all the best in his campaign and my aim is to continue Yamaha’s success in World Superbike.”

24-year-old Crutchlow said: “I’m happy to stay to be staying with Yamaha. This will be my second year of my two year contract as agreed when I started in Supersport this year. Moving up to World Superbike will be a great challenge, I’m looking forward to it and am under no illusion as to how hard it is but I intend to do a good job.

"I'm also looking forward to riding with another Brit. Ben is obviously doing really well this year and I wish him luck for the last two WSB rounds and next year in MotoGP. It’s great to be working with Yamaha again in 2010."

If cal Crutchlow rides the R1 Like he's been riding the R6 this year it will be awesome to watch......:tremble:

Yea Cal has been mighty this season in WSS,but he always promised great things before every race aboard the HM Plant Honda in BSB and usually failed to deliver,hope he makes the hop back up to the full mumbo WSBK work.
Also this annoucement leaves me wondering where we will see the most superb new BSB champ Leon Camier end up?,will it even be WSBK??,dare i say Moto2?,one thing must be for sure,his work in this country is well and truly finished,no point him trouncing the field again all through 2010...

[Edit]

LOL....just read your post at the end of the WSBK thread Jay :p :good:.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%