2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

15ofo84.jpg

nqxmkz.jpg

2dkeg5t.jpg

Central Discussion Topic for NASCAR Series

Well ,the rain has fell at Martinsville so grid order is going to be decided by points standing. Gonna be interesting.

RUM0043.jpg

Part of me wants the rain tyres to come out. Just like in Canada for the Nationwide series, that was great to watch. :D

Jimmie Johnson dominates at Martinsville to extend his lead in the chase, whilst Jeff Burton is penalized for a pit infringement to fall to third in the chase.

Good run from Dale Jr. to take second in the race.

RUM0015.jpg

Jim Johnson And This track is like paul bunyun Its still a short way to bet Jeff Gordon wins 8 here before Jimmy does!

just my opinion
It was a great race as Jeff was the only one
who could Pass him!

Cant wait tell The next Race There!

never seen a wet nascar race. i watched qute a lot of it on sky a couple of years back when i worked nights. i think wet racing would be very very good to watch if not a little dangerous.

• Rob Prange

Amazing what Jimmie is doing in the Chase year after year.

The first half of the season was pretty terrible, the team did really start to come to life in the second half though.

I just feel terrible for Kyle Busch. He isn't my most favorite driver but he did not deserve all the bad luck week after week.

• Rob Prange

Im a Dale Jr fan but I cant really see him winning it. All that ARCA sim racing must not be good for his Nascar driving :)

Jr. did have the speed at many of those races, it's just that Tony Eury Jr. isn't too good of a crew chief it seems.

He's made some very costly calls this season and the race is constantly moving away from them because they fail to make the right adjustments.

true
but the best crew chief takes risks....and that is what he has been doing....
sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't come as they want.....that is if i remember correctly what happened in watkins......
but being the duo, they always try to come with good results

Jr. did have the speed at many of those races, it's just that Tony Eury Jr. isn't too good of a crew chief it seems.

He's made some very costly calls this season and the race is constantly moving away from them because they fail to make the right adjustments.

Watkins Glen springs to mind there. But looking on the bright side(being a bit a Jr. fan too) his first season at HMS hasn't been too bad, looks like they can build on it and maybe get Jr. to the top of the chase standings in the near future.

Lets not forget both driver and crew chief have grown up/ have yet to come out of the shadow of their fathers. That's alot of pressure right there.

never seen a wet nascar race. i watched qute a lot of it on sky a couple of years back when i worked nights. i think wet racing would be very very good to watch if not a little dangerous.

Try and find a video of the NASCAR Nationwide series from Montreal. They ran in the wet with full wet tyres(tires for our North American brethren) with wipers, the lot.

Was great to watch.

• Rob Prange

Edwards wins at Atlanta but the battle for the lead wasn't the most exciting last laps attraction.

It was an up and down race for Jimmie Johnson. After an early pitlane speeding penalty, the #48 fought back into the top 15 and Jimmie picked up 10 positions in the last 8 laps (!), finishing second.

His lead is 183 points now with just three races to go. All he needs are three reasonable finishes to make NASCAR history :bananamario:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%