2009 McLaren MP4-24

uwff!..this one looks ugliest among ferrari and toyota...i hope it will change until Austrulia...The sideboards have huge holes. This is very odd. Also rear wing looks like it's departed from the car....

Really nice looking car, both this and the Toyota look great to me, original, slick and sexy, I personally like them more then the 2008 cars now...( Toyota & Mclaren )

finally someone else thinks so! It looks more like i expected this years to look than the ferrari take on it but they all look pretty tasty to me.

edit; has anyone seen any rear shots on their travels?

nice

the car looks great, one thing that gets me though is that rear wing, i know its to specs and all cars have that narrow wing but i think that just looks ugly. with the front and rear wing combo, ie very wide and very narrow:dont-know:
lets just all hope that the racing is close due to all these aero changes
to me though the clean lines and lack of aero aids, makes for a much better looking racecar. bring on close season ahead. only 69 days until melbourne

after hunting for mercilessly for a rear view of the car i still can't find one. a point to notice that i have found whilst looking is that the outlets to the rear of the sidepods on the mclaren are angle much higher and are somwhat smaller than the ferrari ones which should increase the downforce created 2 fold.

The upwards movement of the air will produce some extra downwards force on the car at the rear.

Also the air should be warmer than the surrounding air thus increasing the pressure of the air on the wing to produce extra downforce that way.

Although the air seems less directed on the fezza the exhausts coming through there will heat the air in much the same way and have probably been design to produce the same effect. which is better we will have to see.

I still don't know what to think about the whole picture. I know that they have changed the rules to give the smaller teams with a lower budget a bigger an fair chance to win races, but I think somewhere someone has lost its mind.
I don't like the looks of the new cars at all (I did'nt like the old cars either with all the additional wings, but they looked betetr than the new one's). I've read that all the mod's are there to make overtaking easier (and to improve downforce) but, I think, that makes the sport boring and no fun to watch. I mean, what is better than a few cars fighting for a position rather than just overtaking each other every moment they want to.

I think Formula 1 is going the wrong way. I've even read an article that says that there are plans to give all the cars thesame body and a split rear wing. I've even heard that the engine's are going to be 2.2l diesel. (I believe it was an article in top gear magazine or in one of the dutch car magazine's)

My opinion: Give them back the old cars. V12 engine's and all the dangers and risks with them. It makes the sport a lot more interesting.

My opinion: Give them back the old cars. V12 engine's and all the dangers and risks with them. It makes the sport a lot more interesting.

And a lot more expensive :)

I've read that all the mod's are there to make overtaking easier (and to improve downforce) but, I think, that makes the sport boring and no fun to watch. I mean, what is better than a few cars fighting for a position rather than just overtaking each other every moment they want to.

that makes an assumption that it actually easy to overtake a formula 1 driver. Something I doubt very much. the aero package means you can run closer to a car but will not help you pass, that will still be down to driver skill on both parts about where you point the car and when. (of course KERS will help but since both drivers have the same amount and can use it once a lap each it doesnt overly benefit one or the other.)

Bram: You're right. It makes the sport more expensive. I didn't look at it from that side.

Dave: You're also right. The skill of the driver has a lot to do with it also. I forgot about that one. I don't know what it is but I think I need to get used to the whole new thing. It looks like we're going back in time with the high rear wing and the different front wing. Like I said, I need to get used to it.

Bram: You're right. I didn't look at it from that side. It make the sport more expensive. And a lot less environment friendly. :p

Dave: You're also right. The skill of the driver also had a lot to do with it. I don't know what it is, I think I just need to get used to the idea. It looks like if we're going back into time or something with the changed front and rear wings.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 88 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.1%