-
J.Button Brawn GP Accident 0 0
-
L.Hamilton McLaren Accident 0 0

http://www.espnstar.com/motorsport/f1/live-race-centre/

• Wido Rossen

result.jpg

(only new that down to teletext)

It just proves that new people need to actually test the car before racing.
I could feel something was going to happen to Jenson as he started low down (with the slower drivers)

Also I saw onAutosport roman Grosjean balmmed it on Jenson.

Anyone have a video of this?

Found the Jenos video (how was it his fault LMAO)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oNX0XIr8MI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wulTZe3Zz9M[/ame]

After watching these videos back, I also think it was Button's fault. He just didn't look in his mirror to see Grosjean is beside him and turned too tight, right into Grosjean! Concentrated too much on Kovalainen.

Onboard cameras: Raikkonen, Barrichello, Hamilton, Button starts

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS2sdXx08-Y[/ame]

Notice how Kimi gained one place going wide then getting really good exit due to going wide then taking 2nd. Button went wide also but he lifted when he did so. Remember Lewis got +25 secs last year for gaining one place and giving it back.

noticed it too Damian, he also did it last year...

however, i don't know which rule can be applied here... Lewis was penalized for cutting and gaining advantage... Kimi didn't cut the corner, but definitely gained an advantage too...

they should use gravel traps on circuits again... problem solved :p

love those ridiculous comments from Grosjean :)

btw. i bet you didn't see this one coming... FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP

Great race :)

kimi did a perfekt job :rotfl: with a clear slower car winning the race :first: awsome :hail:

I think fisi could do a bit faster then kimi. But fortunately kimi with the KERS weapon beat him :th_wink: Vettel was a bit in trouble the first laps and lost there a lot time. Whitout that he would have been fighting with kimi and fisi for P1 in the end. He was driving clear faster times in the end then the leaders...

The accident in the first lap in my point of view is just a normal racing accident. Button turning in and not expecting Grosjean there. Also Grosjean could not beam his car away there...

lap 1 incident simple case of 3 into 1 does not go. Grosjean with a bit of experience may have known that gap was going to disappear and not have stuck his nose in it. not sure on how hamilton ended up being collected, the toro rosso just seems to not brake at all, possible lack of tracking on debris?

excellant drive from fisi though and rubens had back luck at the start but fortuante to get the car to the end with the oil leak. as they say things generally balance out. it could have gone big time and left him with a big fat zero.

button deffo lucky with the way the results panned out.

raikonnen on the start running wide. its gaining an advantage imo and shouldn't be allowed. you want the sport safe but that was taking the biscuit a little. gravel is deffo the answer - maybe not the full length of it but shorten it and the accelaration distance is reduced. how about plastic posts too as an option to get to that area. if you need the run off for safety then hit the post and use the area, if you're not needing it you're not going to damage you car on purpose are you? :)

Notice how Kimi gained one place going wide then getting really good exit due to going wide then taking 2nd. Button went wide also but he lifted when he did so. Remember Lewis got +25 secs last year for gaining one place and giving it back.

Its the way he went wide he just drove right out then used it to gain momentum. Hamilton was Forced out in 2007 you didnt see him driving all the way out to wall to try and get speed on Alonso. :)

totally agree, much as I like Mr Raikonnen that was defo not the best thing to do. What on earth do they paint the white stripes on the edge of the track for in the first place? But as long as it is clean smooth tarmac out there, this is going to happen. As Keith said, you need some deterrent in a place like that, maybe some of the bumps you have in Monza, they're quite scary and bad for your suspension. With five of those, Kimi would have never gained the speed he did.

After watching these videos back, I also think it was Button's fault. He just didn't look in his mirror to see Grosjean is beside him and turned too tight, right into Grosjean! Concentrated too much on Kovalainen.
spot on, new teammate, exactly the way I saw it.
btw: imagine us being filmed in our workplace / office / shop / school / wherever while we are doing our job, with guys the world over poring over every single detail of our performance, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%