2009 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a waste of energy with all those lights, but man it looks cool the transition from day to night!

Weldone!

Yeah, hope they will join another premium serie next season! Sad to see them go

Complete Zzzzzzz fest.

Lovely setting but the race was a let down, mainly due to Hamiltons departure. I fear the racing now takes second place to the Wow factor of the track. There seems to be an ever growing trend to see who can come up with the best unique gimmick. These newer tracks just don't provide the spectacle of racing the older more established tracks have.

• Andrew Evans

yep, everyone jizzing on about how great the venue is... two hundred thousand million pounds spent on build a weirdly shaped hotel and a marina... oh, and don't forget to stick a race track in there someplace too... ya know... if it's not too much trouble... and as long as it doesn't mess up the asthetic....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

I think the attack of Button on Webber in the last laps was pretty cool for a race finish on Yas Marina :)

The cars, mostly. They could overtake on a track like Australia at the start of the season which was never an easy thing to do.
But the double diffuser was brought in and screwed everything up from then on imo.

If you want to see more fights, you need more agressive drivers in F1.

This race was quite nice and entertaining in my opinion! I liked the battle between Kobajasi and Button the best! This was the second race of this guy and he did a pretty good job now! Don't forget he started behind Raikkönen!
The battle between Button and Webber was also nice!

btw, did anyone get a view of the Yas Marina GP in HD yesterday? it was said that this is a trial F1 HD broadcast in prep for next year season...

i've got no HD subscription on my cable, so if someone has and watch the race, please tell us if it was really significant over the reguler SD or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.4%