2009 DTM Season

A great final from Timo Scheider and Audi Abt Sportsline.

I can only say: Congratulation Timo for winning the Championship.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U1Y11bpzJ0[/ame]

• Wido Rossen

Well done Timo,
Audi really did it again.

Lots of work for Mercedes-Benz for next season.
Including dumping some drivers that are not meant to be in the DTM.

Jarvis to get 2010 Audi with Abt

Oliver Jarvis will be promoted to Audi's top team Abt Sportsline for next year's DTM and will race a 2010 car.
The former McLaren AUTOSPORT BRDC Award winner has used year-old machinery for his first two seasons in the German-based touring car series, and became the first man to take pole in an old car at Zandvoort this year. He then took a career-best second in that race and finished the season ninth in the championship.
Jarvis will take the Abt spot left vacant by Tom Kristensen's retirement from the DTM.
"I'm absolutely delighted to be given this opportunity by Audi Sport," said Jarvis.
"I've been working hard with Audi for the past two years to achieve this opportunity which will allow me to fight for race wins throughout the entire season.
"I'm going to be up against three very competent drivers in identical cars at Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline but I'm already eagerly looking forward to that challenge."
The 25-year-old said he had enjoyed his time as an underdog with the Phoenix team's year-old machinery, but could not wait to get a state-of-the-art car.
"I've thoroughly enjoyed myself at Phoenix and I'd like to thank them sincerely but of course it's always difficult to maintain your competitiveness in a year-old car compared to the latest specification machines throughout the entire season," Jarvis said.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80492

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years