2009 British Touring Car Championship

O the memories. :).
Toca Touring Car Racing was the game that got me into Sim Racing, and was based on that series. Unfortunately Codemasters went in a different direction after the first two (and not for the better either), but TOCA and TOCA 2 were great simulations.

We even used to get coverage of that series on free to air TV in Australia.

Wouldn't it be great if we could have side by side rubbing like that in Race 07, instead of small touches sending cars bouncing off uncontrollably. :worship:

Anyone else going to Brands Hatch ??

circuit_1_st.gif

Ordered my tickets yesterday :good:

Anyone else going???

O the memories. :).

Wouldn't it be great if we could have side by side rubbing like that in Race 07, instead of small touches sending cars bouncing off uncontrollably. :worship:

I agree. You touch a car in race 07 and thats it you say goodbye. Lets send this to simbin. But then they might bring out a sinbim Race driver grid sort of thing which I will then commit suicide lol.

• Wido Rossen

I have seen this in a topic in here before.

The commentator must have a sore throat after this race.

• Wido Rossen

John George returns to BTCC in 2009

John George has announced on his web-site that he plans to compete in the 2009 HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship.
John George competing in this year’s BTCC was put in doubt after his spectacular crash at the last round of the 2008 championship at Brands Hatch were he was airlifted to hospital.

george.jpg

A new Honda Integra has been sourced to replace last year's Honda as it was coverted to spares after it was written off.

As in 2008 this will be run by the TH motorsport team of Trevor Humphrey from their Watford HQ.

This will be John George's third consecutive year in the championship.

“It just made so much sense for us to run the Integra again although we didn’t have a car we had numerous spares and all the tools and experience to run that car." said George.

JAG Communications will coniue to be the title sponsor of the car though the team will be hoping to add more during the season.

Unfortunately because of the late purchase of the car TH Motorsport will only have a week to prepare it and John is unlikely to even see the car before media day on Thursday 19th March at Rockingham.

George went on: “It will be great to get back behind the wheel again, I have only had a few laps since Brands in September 08 so I expect I will be a bit rusty, I have been out on track days with my coach John Pratt during the winter so it really shouldn’t take to long to get back up to speed.

"I am really looking forward to working with Trevor and the team at TH again it all ended very sadly for us last year when I had that big smash, so it will be good to see them all again. I am hoping for some better results this year, we really didn’t have the luck in 2008, we went quicker at all but one tracks yet we just didn’t feature in the positions though we should have, but that’s racing.

"This year is going to be hard we have a tiny budget and really need a decent sponsor to give us a hand, so if anyone fancies being involved please give us a call.“

( source Touringcar Times )

Definately one of the best races ever in BTCC, and its got a lot of the old gang in there, all the drivers that most people if asked about BTCC would be able to name and i think its great.

Team AFM + Techspeed testing at Silverstone today

Team AFM have been testing their BMW 120d at Silverstone today and us fans have got it straight from Rick Kerry that if the test goes as planned then both he and Nick Leason will be on the grid this year with 2 BMW 120d's and i cant wait to see that thing back out there.

Also Martyn Bell and Paul O'neill were there testing one of the 2 Tech Speed prepared Honda Integra's.

This season looks set to bring back a few old faces and make it one of the best season's of BTCC in recent times, even if the entry list still isnt that big.

Attachments

• AU475989.jpg
    AU475989.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 210
i was made redundant in January but im determined to pay for the tickets so my dad will go :) then Thruxton is the 2nd round so probably go to that aswell cos its only half hour up the road from me.

BTCC 2009 - Entry List

Not been able to find a comprehensive list anywhere so I wondered if this is correct? Can anyone help out?

VXR (Vauxhall): Fabrizio Giovanardi, Andrew Jordan, Matt Neal

BMW Dealer Team (BMW 320):
Mat Jackson

Team RAC (BMW 320): Colin Turkington, Stephen Jelley, maybe a third car??

Arena Motorsport (Ford):
Tom Chilton, ???

Motorbase (BMW 320): Collard, Adam, maybe a third car???

KWR (MG): Jason Hughes, ???

JAG/TH Motorsport (Integra): John George

Cartridge World Team (Leon): Adam Jones, Dan Eaves

Team Dynamics/Halfords (Civic):
Gordon Shedden, ???

Tech Speed/Team Sunshine (Integra): Martyn Bell, Paul O'Neill

Team AFM (BMW 120d): Rick Kerry, Nick Leason

Tempus Sport (Lacetti): Harry Vaulkhard, ????

Maxtreme (Toledo): Liam McMillan

www.sponsormyracecar.net Team (156)
: Ian Court

I'm going to guess that Onslow-Cole will turn up at Arena alongside Chilton (although there are rumours he may race for Tempus), Thompson for Team Dynamics/Halfords or maybe Dave Pinkney, Steven Kane for Motorbase if they run a third car and Plato for Team RAC if they run a third car.

Michael Doyle maybe back after getting sponsorship from Scottish Sun. Andy Priaulx says he would fancy doing a few rounds to supplement his WTCC program.

Mat Jackson hasnt entered yet and if he does it will be under the Jacksons MSport banner as in 2007 as BMW Dealer Team pulled the plug on their sponsorship

• Oli Bellamy

It's not surprising, the british circuits feature more windy tight circuits, whereas the world touring car circuits are far larger where a faster car will get more of an advantage.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back