2009 American Le Mans Series

I am very curios
how Jacques Villeneuve will driving there in his Peugeot 908 HDi :rolleyes:
Think will be good battle between Audi TDI and Peugeot HDI Cars ... :)

And the Formula One drives in USA/Indianapolis 17 Juni
sleepless weekend is coming :eek:

So i think Audi will win the close fight ... or ???

btw:
See you next Weekend in GTR2 ähmm LeMan

I know Senor Barriga is travelling to France to watch the race for us. Hopefully he can make some nice shots of the Peugeot 908 HDi.

Indeed a busy weekend coming up soon, looking forward to it already. Driving with one eye on Macau and the other watching Le Mans :)

I know Senor Barriga is travelling to France to watch the race for us. Hopefully he can make some nice shots of the Peugeot 908 HDi.

Indeed a busy weekend coming up soon, looking forward to it already. Driving with one eye on Macau and the other watching Le Mans :)

lol
as of now i'm not sure anymore if i will go
it's down to 50%..
because of the person i'm travelling can't get any free day for the weekend :(
going to check this weekend for sure if it's on or off ;)
hope to not disappoint you guys

edit:....i am going to disappoint you guys after all
just check with my friend & looks like i'm cancelling Le Mans this year (again :()
this suck man...
but hopefully they will broadcast live on the internet this year again like they did last year......(i really hope so)..

who is ready to begin watching Le 24 Heures Du Mans

i know i am....checking again who is racing & qualifying
(& actually kinda glad that i didn't go....because it may be a rainy race.......so maybe lots of action on tv & no standing in mud & rain there :))

go corvette,audi,spyker

• Hackett

I have been following the 24 Heures Du Mans "Live" on Motors TV, with promised full coverage of the entire race over Saturday/Sunday.

Been glued to the box for the test day, scrutineering, qualifying, and parade so far. Getting ready for the 08:00 CET start tomorrow. (Much to the annoyance of my Mrs... He He He!!!)

I'm Patriotically routing for the Pro-drive Aston Martin DBR9 team. British pride. Not to mention home pride (Scotland); The Scuderia Ecosse team.

Should be a good race, especially with the unpredictable weather as it is at the moment.

Brad.

It's a shame I can't watch it :(

But I hope for an exciting fight Audi vs Peugeot. Also GT class will be very interesting!

My prediction:
LMP1 McNish / Capello / Kristensen - Audi
LMP2 Amaral / Hughes / Castro - ASM
GT1 Bouchut / Gollin / Elgaard - Larbre (at least I hope so, them or Oreca, but not the full works teams)
GT2 Narac / Long / Lietz - IMSA Matmut

Peugeot's Le Mans stars

French firm reveals an all-star line-up for 2008 Le Mans bid.

car_photo_247311_25.jpg

French giant Peugeot has unveiled a stellar driver line-up in a bid to win this year’s Le Mans 24 Hours.

After losing out to Audi in 2007, the squad aims to restore some national pride by entering an expanded three-car team that boasts a host of ex-Formula One racers.

This year’s line-up comprises 1997 world champion Jacques Villeneuve, plus grand prix stars Christian Klien, Alex Wurz, Pedro Lamy, Franck Mon­tagny, Marc Gene and Ricardo Zonta. The final two places are taken by former Subaru works rally driver Stephane Sarrazin and ex-Formula 3000 racer Nicolas Minassian.

By signing such a strong line-up, Peugeot believes its diesel-powered 908 can break Audi’s stranglehold on the classic enduro. The German manufacturer has dominated for the past eight years, losing only once in 2003 to sister firm Bentley.

Peugeot Sport director Michel Barge is confident that his drivers can deliver. “We wanted our 2008 line-up to be strong,” he said. “Between them, our drivers have 393 grand prix starts under their belts, as well as 32 previous participations at Le Mans!”

To give the squad an even greater chance of winning, the Paris-based team has made some major overhauls to its 908 HDi. Work has been undertaken on the aerodynamics, steering, suspension and electronics.

There has also been a concerted effort to save weight in a bid to get the V12 diesel machine down to the 900kg class minimum.

Finally, the three cars will be given a completely new colour scheme to celebrate racing on home soil. Each 908 will have either red, white or blue highlights to reflect the nation’s flag.

The first qualifying session for Le Mans takes place on 11 June, with the race starting on 14 June.

car_photo_247308_25.jpg

Audi lose out to Porsche in endurance season opener

car_photo_251259_7.jpg

Porsche won the opening round of the American Le Mans Series, ending Audi’s eight-year domination of the classic Sebring 12 Hours event. The Penske-run RS Spyder of Romain Dumas, Timo Bern­hard and Emmanuel Collard crossed the line first – Allan McNish’s diesel-powered Audi R10 was fourth.

• Motorsportnews

MICHELIN'S DECADE OF DOMINANCE AT SEBRING

As impressive as Audi's eight consecutive overall victories at the 12 Hours of Sebring from 2000-2007, it doesn't quite live up to another winning streak authored by another of the American Le Mans Series' premium manufacturers. Michelin won at Sebring for the 10th consecutive season, matching its mark of a decade of dominance at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

More...

• Motorsportnews

IN THEIR OWN WORDS: LOOKING BACK, LOOKING AHEAD

"It's all downhill from here." Such an expression no doubt was circulating through the American Le Mans Series paddock following the season-opening Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. America's greatest sports car race traditionally has been the first event on the Series schedule and it prepares a driver, car and team to a degree that no other race in the world can for the grind of a full-season effort, which continues April 5 in St. Petersburg. Here's how some of the newer faces in the Series paddock viewed Sebring and the rest of the 2008 season.

More...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing