2008 IndyCar Series

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Greenprix is the name of the new serie`s in the state`s.
This series wil see daylight in 2009.
The cars they race with are the Reynard en Panoz ChampCars.
The fouder of Greenprix USA is media tycoon Ben Jonston.
Greenprix will act as a platform for ecological idea`s to promote the auto branche.
The series will be set to the standard that both fans and drivers will see a spectaculaire class.
The first race will be held on the 15th of March 2009 in Savannah

Bourdais20RX20500.jpg

Greenprix will run the cars on green technologies, like green fuel and use of the exhaust gasses.

Remove the stupid 'green' (as if most of us motor racing enthusiasts really want economical and environmentally friendly cars) rubbish and then called it Champ Cars and all will be well again :D

Mmm, I wonder if this can get off the ground. THe US coull not financially support IRL and Champcars as separate series, and that was before any signs of a global recession. I don't see how this will get the support it will need. But I always preferred Champcars to IRL so it would be nice to see these cars back.

Robert "Bobby D" Doornbos returns to IndyCar?

On his own website Robert stated that he is aiming for a test in december with a IndyCar team. His aims for next season is to drive a full season again and will do his subactivities in A1GP (Team Netherlands) and Superleague Formula (AC Milan).

Dixon 360

Scott Dixon didn't single-handedly win the 2008 IndyCar Series championship. Supporting the driver of the No. 9 Target Chip Ganassi Racing car was a syndicate - dedicated crew, cohesive management and supportive family.

In this series, we'll hear from five people who each had a role in Dixon winning a series record-tying six races and the overall title. Today, it's chief mechanic Ricky Davis.

"I classify the season as teamwork because everything went as smoothly as you could want it to go from performance on the track and the way the guys work together at the shop."

"We had six races in a row this year for the first time and the work that got done, the way they got it got done and the quality they put into it -- there's not enough good things I can say about the people that work in this organization that people outside what I do would understand. The things that I have to do to get the guys prepared to go to the next race are so much easier. It's one of the best years I've ever had."

Read More At IndyCar.com

Vote For Racer Magazine Rookie Of The Year!!

Graham Rahal, who became the youngest winner of an IndyCar Series race, is among the nominees for the Racer Magazine Rookie of the Year award.

The 19-year-old Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing driver won on the streets of St. Petersburg, Fla., in his IndyCar Series debut. The award will be determined by online fan voting through Dec. 14.

Fans also can vote for IndyCar Series drivers in three SPEED Performance Awards categories: Helio Castroneves in "Best Comeback," Danica Patrick in "Best Finish" and Patrick and Milka Duno in "Temper, Temper."

Vote HERE

Read More at IndyCar.com

Foyt Racing introduces new engineer

As introductions go, A.J. Foyt thought the Dec. 9 test at Homestead-Miami Speedway oval was a home run.

New A.J. Foyt Racing driver Vitor Meira and new head engineer Adam Schaechter worked well together, and the No. 14 ABC Supply Co. car made 140 trips around the 1.5-mile oval. A.J. Foyt Racing joined Tony Kanaan (Andretti Green Racing) and Scott Dixon (Target Chip Ganassi Racing), who were conducting a Firestone tire test on the track.

"We learned a lot about each other," Foyt said. "Working with my new driver and new engineer, everything went about as smooth as we could hoped for."

Read More at IndyCar.com

Viso and a teamate?

E.J. Viso is signed with HVM Racing for the 2009 IndyCar Series season, and likely will have a teammate.

Viso, who was an Autosport Rookie of the Year award nominee, will continue to drive the No. 33 PDVSA HVM Racing car. He posted seven top-10 finishes, including a season-best fourth on the streets of St. Petersburg, in his first IndyCar Series season.

Click it: E.J. Viso bio, stats and team info

"This is a natural progression and a sensible move for both team and driver," team owner Keith Wiggins said. "It will actually be the first time since 2004 that we have the continuity of retaining the same driver for a second season. That in itself shows a positive picture for our team and the single open-wheel series.

Read More at IndyCar.com

• Wido Rossen

IndyCar Series 2009

The dutch newspaper AD is reporting the story of Robert Doornbos who signed a contract with the Newman/Haas/Lanigan for 2009.
Doornbos who drove the stars from heaven in 2007 in the champ cars and won 2 races and finished on several podium places.
But al the glory did not bring "Bobby D" what he hoped for.
Now after one year absence he is back in the famous IRL with the team that won 4 times the championship with Sebastien Bourdais.

( More later )

Wow, that is some great work his management must have done to achieve this :thumb:
So now finally after all those year we dutchies can cheer again in motorsport? Yeah, bring it on Bobby D

THAT is very good news,I am happy to hear Robert is going back to real racing again,this is the place ware he belong (or maybe F1?)

Update from website Doornbos:there are no contracts sing yet,we are in the last stadium of negotiations .

Hans

• Wido Rossen

Update from website Doornbos:there are no contracts sing yet,we are in the last stadium of negotiations .

That statement whas already made by Bobby D`s managment.
But you know the game`s they play.
I`ll put my money on the AD for this moment.

• Wido Rossen

Yep , it`s official.
On the 17th his own website will release a press statement.

:handshake:

• Wido Rossen

The other drivers for 2009.

Below you will find the drivers for the 2009 season.
Mark the 3 ladies in this serie`s.

indy1.jpg

indy2.jpg

indy3.jpg

indy4.jpg

Bobby D is not yet added to the serie`s drivers atm.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%