2008 British Touring Car Championship

Autosport had a whole page article about it this week. With SEAT UK no longer in the BTCC - I guess that it makes it far more attractive to SEAT Holland to run in the UK.

SEAT Holland have been in discussion with GR-Asia (and SUNRED) which would be really good for them and Adam Jones if he returns, as I take it GR-Asia would share data between the cars and it would help Adam to have a very good team mate.

Whilst there has also been discussions with SUNRED, if this was to happen I really hope its done with GR-Asia.

As well as either doing a full WTCC season or a BTCC season, Autosport said that another possibility was a full BTCC campaign with selected WTCC outings.

The other question I have is if this would be classed as Independent or Manufacturer backed, or if it would be in the middle like Team Halfords is - where it is neither Independent or Manufacturer.

If Tom comes to BTCC for 2009, that would definetly good news, as Jon said with SEAT UK pulling out, SEAT Holland would be a fine substitute, as seeing as I like Tom racing on WTCC, but only watch the highlights, would be good to watch him live here in the UK!

Yes a big shame imo, even in the chevy team he would do a better job then larini :(

Shame the look at name and history..

Ive heard some talking in zandvoort that for a Seat diesel he needed 400.000 more then last season and a damn big bag of luck, probebly the friendpolitics wont help him and letting him end up with nothing ( in the wtcc )

sry for oftopic but tommy stays WTCC :D

coronelwtcc2009.jpg
:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years