2007 World Touring Car Championship

• Michael Sharpe

It's good WTCC goes a bit more out of Europe. The Aussie and North-American continents remain ignored, though, which is bad for a 'world' championship.

Australia have V8 Supercars
North America has NASCAR...

WTCC would not be as popular and second best in these countries IMO (even tho I prefer it to these both)

No doubt a WTCC event would struggle to compete with V8's here in Australia, but what has worked well is a joint race program.
For intance, The F1 event in Melbourne, and the Indy cars at Surfers Paradise always run a shared event with the V8 Supercars on the same weekend, and this has drawn big crowds.
We used to have a "super touring class" season here a few years ago which was basically the same cars as the WTCC , and it also was popular.

Australia have V8 Supercars
North America has NASCAR...

WTCC would not be as popular and second best in these countries IMO (even tho I prefer it to these both)

I think NASCAR is something completely different from WTCC, though it will take long for WTCC to reach that amount of popularity. I heard though that people were very positive about RACE 07 in the US...

Nope, very sad family conditions. His father is undergoing a major heartsurgery :(

• Wido Rossen

Plan for WTCC on Nordschleife

There has been a plan reveiled for the WTCC to race on the 22km long Nordschleife circuit.
The plan whas reveiled in Macau and got lots off great reactions.

Ofcourse they say, the WTCC would fit in perfectly on the Nordschleife
De ever populair serie are seen on more historic tracks like Pau,Macau,Monza and Zandvoort.The plan is to race in the 24 hour weekend at the nordschleife.
One of the advantage`s is that the TV equipment is already on site.
And not to mention the 250.000 spectators that during the whole weekend are present to watch the 24 Hour

TDi.
A spokesmen from Seat said that the TDI engine`s are very suitable for the track.
He think`s that the Leon TDI will impress friend and enemy.
Most of the driver like the idea for the race on the Nordschleife.
Many of them like Andy Priaulx, Tom Coronel en Duncan Huisman drove already in the 24 hour on the Nürburgring.

BMW to develop diesel for WTCC 2008

BMW will join SEAT with the diesel engines in the World Touring Car Championship next year. The German manufacturer has begun developing a new engine for the 320si E90 that runs on diesel. But BMW Motorsport boss Mario Thiessen does not like it.
"We have to start with a programme as it takes time to develop and learn and we have to be ready. But for me it is not the right way to go," said Thiessen to Motorsport News.

Thiessen would rather like to see all cars running with the same engine formula, just as in F1.

"There are always differences equalising front and rear-wheel drive, four and six-cylinder cars, and now this would be something else which is difficult to equalise. I would prefer it if all the cars ran the same engine formula, like in Formula One. By doing this, you remove the question marks which can arise," said Theissen.

(source: TouringCarTimes.com)

• Wido Rossen

New replacement for Mexico

It`s not yet confirmed, but the fia is looking into the calender to race on Zolder in 2008.
The race will be the replacement for Mexico.
If all goes well and the race weekend is homologated this will be driven on 19 and 20th of April.
Zolder whas already on the reserve list for Anderstorp.
But know that Anderstorp has got the green light , Zolder must replace Mexico.

nice news!! what is that with mexico dropping out every year again! hopefully the FIA gets wise and dont put them on for 2009 again!

Belgium here we come :rockon:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing