2007 World Touring Car Championship

• Wido Rossen

i know it`s not an issue , but i hope Coronel wins.......

• Wido Rossen

WTCC:ENGSTLER AND ROMANOV TO MACAU

Germany-based Engstler Motorsport team have entered two BMW cars in the FIA WTCC finale at Macau.Team principal Franz Engstler and Andrey Romanov from Russia will be at the wheel of the two BMW 320i E46 machines that they have driven to first and second positions in this year’s ADAC Procar Series.

Engstler, 43-year old from Kempten, is an extremely experienced Touring Car driver. During his career he claimed two German national titles, the first of them in the 2000 German Touring Car Challenge. He also won two Asian Touring Car Championships in 2005 and 2006. All these successes were achieved at the wheel of BMW cars,

Romanov, 28-year old from Moscow, boasts a shorter racing career that only started in 2003. After building experience in the Russian Lada and Honda Civic cups he switched last year to the national Touring Car Championship and claimed pole position for the Super Production class in the 2006 FIA European Touring Car Cup at Estoril.

• Wido Rossen

WTCC , Rydell to drive in Macau

It is a comeback for the Swedish driver who drove for the Spanish Manufacturers from the 2004 FIA European Touring Car Championship to the 2006 WTCC, claiming four pole positions and two race victories, including SEAT"s first ever in an FIA racing championship, at Oschersleben in 2004.

At Macau, where he won the Formula 3 Grand Prix back in 1992 and finished three times on the podium in the Guia Race, Rydell will try and help SEAT (they are ten points behind BMW) and Yvan Muller (co-leader with Priaulx) to clinch the Manufacturers' and Drivers' titles respectively.

"I'm really looking forward to joining the SEAT Sport team for the race in Macau. I feel right at home with SEAT and it'll be good to work with them again. My main goals of course are to support the team to win the manufacturer's championship and Yvan Muller in the driver's. Macau has always been one of my favourites because I like urban tracks, and coming back to one that saw me win an F3 race brings back fond memories," said the Swede.

During the current season Rydell made a one-off appearance at his home event in Anderstorp, joining Chevrolet and winning the second race.

• Wido Rossen

calender WTCC 2008

2008 FIA WTCC CALENDAR

02 March BRAZIL Curitiba

18 May SPAIN Valencia

01 June FRANCE Pau

15 June CZECH REPUBLIC Brno

06 July PORTUGAL Estoril

27 July GREAT BRITAIN Brands Hatch

31 August GERMANY Oschersleben

21 September SWEDEN Anderstorp *

05 October ITALY Monza

26 October JAPAN Okayama

16 November MACAU Macau

* subject to the ASN confirmation and the FIA homologation of the circuit

• Wido Rossen

I miss Mexico, which was on the provisional calender for 2008.....

Strange , on the dutch RTL site Mexico is still on the calendar for April 6.
They count a totall of 12 race`s.
But on the Fia WTCC site there is no Mexico on that date.
There is no race at all on that date.
And they count 11 race`s.

Hmmm, i stick with the FIA site Maurice.

• Wido Rossen

well it`s confirmd, mexico is of the calender.
And Brands and Anderstorp switcht date`s.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back