F1 2010 20-25 fps always - fix?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I get only 20-25 fps top on every possible resolution and quality settings. Now i am on 1680x1050 with everything on high/ultra and still it's 21fps all the time..

i have AMD Phenom 9500+
GTS 450
4GB Ram
360gb+500gb hdd

Is there a workaround or a tweak for this? I am not even sure if i am using DX11, because recently i went from 9600GT to Geforce GTS450, and not noticed any big changes.. Although the windows assessment tool showed 0.4 performance upgrade on the graphics.

any help?

remind that Windows XP X86 bits don't recognize more than 3GB of RAM...

My PC is a portatil... Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 4GB of RAM... i don't know if this ram is DDR2 or 3, videocard Nvidia GEFORCE G210M CUDA 512MB

and sometimes the game slows down, as if the frames per second guards and drastically, I attributed it to climate change but in Singapore do it constantly and not let me play anything and I put the graphics at least something that had not had to do and the game slows down only once every race and now she does constantly. What could it be?

Hello, this is my PC:

CPU: Intel Q9400 2,66GHz (4 cores)
GPU: GeForce 9400 GT
RAM: 4GB Kingston DDR2-800

I have all at high (without anti-alising), resolution 1280x1024 and I have only 10-12fps, on setting very low I had 18-20 fps, it's normal??

PD: sorry for my bad english

I've found solution to this problem. After patch (on DX11) my game was running smooth but i had sudden stops or lagging (only a second or two) at different places on track. My solution was: Bypassing the replay file from C:\ProgramData to my external SATA2 HDD (you can also try with ReadyBoost compatible USB Stick bigger than 2GB). If this don't work make it read-only. You will not loose the flashback function. Also try to install the last drivers for your card (for ATI i Catalyst 10.11 + the last game profiles file). This will work for sure. Also try to tweak the drivers for more performace, everything you need is speed - this is not Mafia2 or Crisys, with very high details, particles, water etc.

I get only 20-25 fps top on every possible resolution and quality settings. Now i am on 1680x1050 with everything on high/ultra and still it's 21fps all the time..

i have AMD Phenom 9500+
GTS 450
4GB Ram
360gb+500gb hdd

Is there a workaround or a tweak for this? I am not even sure if i am using DX11, because recently i went from 9600GT to Geforce GTS450, and not noticed any big changes.. Although the windows assessment tool showed 0.4 performance upgrade on the graphics.

any help?
I think its your CPU is bottlenecking ur system like in mine I have a Core 2 Duo e4700 2.6ghz and 2GBDDR2 667mhz running 533mhz(Bottleneck also its underclocked cause of mobo:( didn't do research) and a 9800gtx+ and without CM fix for puddles i get 27fps avg with the benchmarking feature with the fix i avg 20fps:( Dirt 2 ran ok on this machine at 36fps avg. I just think this game was coded horribly which is shame since i still love it and think its soooo much fun:D

Hello, this is my PC:

CPU: Intel Q9400 2,66GHz (4 cores)
GPU: GeForce 9400 GT
RAM: 4GB Kingston DDR2-800

I have all at high (without anti-alising), resolution 1280x1024 and I have only 10-12fps, on setting very low I had 18-20 fps, it's normal??

PD: sorry for my bad english
yep that sounds normal the 9400gt is a entry-level graphics card i had one b4 switching to a mid-level gpu like my 9800gtx+ and even then i still get low framerate.

I've found solution to this problem. After patch (on DX11) my game was running smooth but i had sudden stops or lagging (only a second or two) at different places on track. My solution was: Bypassing the replay file from C:\ProgramData to my external SATA2 HDD (you can also try with ReadyBoost compatible USB Stick bigger than 2GB). If this don't work make it read-only. You will not loose the flashback function. Also try to install the last drivers for your card (for ATI i Catalyst 10.11 + the last game profiles file). This will work for sure. Also try to tweak the drivers for more performace, everything you need is speed - this is not Mafia2 or Crisys, with very high details, particles, water etc.

How did you do that? I couldn't find that folder ProgramData... so i don't know what to do :)

1. Delete original replay folder (and file) by exploring to ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\your computersname\
2. Open Command Prompt with admin privileges (search ‘cmd’ and right click on cmd.exe and select ‘Run as Administrator’)
3. Use mklink to create the symbolic link. Edit it according to your own game directory location.
mklink /D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\yo urcomputersname\ E:\Games\F12010\replay

After this the 2GB file will be written on your new location. You can try with fast usb stick larger than 2GB. Also make it read-only (on the new location). Your game will fly... :)

Here are my benchmarks and I just switched to Catalyst 10.11.

<!-- machine: DADS -->
<benchmark>
<settings hardwaresettings="hardware_settings_config.xml" view="bumper" />
<average min_fps="31.155577" av_fps="37.431763" min_fps_ms="32.096981" av_fps_ms="26.715279" />

My Rig:
Dell XSP 630I, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.0 Ghz, 4 Gigs Ram
Ati Radeon 4870 HD 1 GIG Catalyst 10.11 drivers, Realtec Onbd 7.1 Surround

F1_2010_game2010-12-0621-34-42-66.jpg

:) Yes it's for Win7...Go to My computer than press ALT> From the upper menu select folder options> Then go to view tab> From the menu select view hidden files and folders. Then go to C:\ and you will see ProgramData. Inside that folder look for Codemasters.

Btw where are you from? :)

Slavko, thank you very much on the help :)

Indeed, the game is running several fps more now, i went from 1440x900 with 16q antialiasing, to 1600x1080 with vsync ON, and now i get somewhere around 25, 30 fps.. But in some places, for instance, the start-finish sector on Catalunya gives me onlu 12-15 fps...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back