Resource icon

Tracks 2-way Traffic Layout for "LA Canyons" new1

Login or Register an account to download this content
2way wont load on any mode for me, must be something the issue. Any ideas guys?
More info on your problem would help - which version of LAC, error messages, sequence of events, screens (use "Print screen" button and paste into "Paint" to save it). Make sure you try troubleshooting using unmodified cars only.

alekabul updated 2-way Traffic Layout for "LA Canyons" with a new update entry:

LAC 1.2 related

If you happen to stump on a problem using this traffic with the new v1.2 there is a solution - don`t follow exactly the instructions for installing the LAC 1.2 and don`t delete the old v1.0. Instead just place the contents from the .7z "\MODS\LA Canyons 1.2 - Main\content\tracks\la_canyons\" into the track`s folder and replace the old files. That leaves the old one-way traffic almost intact (except the map goes blank). My layout was based on a "traffic_oneway_normal" and the model...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I need help. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but when I want to start track day on LAC - Traffic 2-way, the game crash (Race Canceled) is mod problem or I'm doing something wrong (I'm new to assetto corsa but I have basic mods and programs)

>After testing the new free v1.2 I find differences to be in favor of keeping the v1.0 as the new one has less vegetation and is missing the traffic.

LESS vegetation? Do you have world details on max? I feel like there is much more vegetation now.

>After testing the new free v1.2 I find differences to be in favor of keeping the v1.0 as the new one has less vegetation and is missing the traffic.

LESS vegetation? Do you have world details on max? I feel like there is much more vegetation now.
Actually the number of trees and pines is the same, bushes are much less, but mainly the shadows of the hills and rocks in 1.2 is wrong and it makes it too evident that there is less vegetation. The decrease in veg details is needed to compensate the performance hit of the new stuff (ie. the road overlay of dirt and cracks, the new textures). Overall the load on the GPU stays the same between 1.0 and 1.2.

Attachments

• bush1.0.jpg
    bush1.0.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 137
  • bush1.2.jpg
    bush1.2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 128
  • pine1.0.jpg
    pine1.0.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 99
  • pine1.2.jpg
    pine1.2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 106
  • tree1.0.jpg
    tree1.0.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 111
  • tree1.2.jpg
    tree1.2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 113
  • vidAC.jpg
    vidAC.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I need help. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but when I want to start track day on LAC - Traffic 2-way, the game crash (Race Canceled) is mod problem or I'm doing something wrong (I'm new to assetto corsa but I have basic mods and programs)
Try with the updated 2way. It is for the new LA Canyons v1.2.

Actually the number of trees and pines is the same, bushes are much less, but mainly the shadows of the hills and rocks in 1.2 is wrong and it makes it too evident that there is less vegetation. The decrease in veg details is needed to compensate the performance hit of the new stuff (ie. the road overlay of dirt and cracks, the new textures). Overall the load on the GPU stays the same between 1.0 and 1.2.
truth is, there's never enough bushes !!
i'm limited to the 65k faces when making a chunk of bushes.. and it's very annoying and limiting.
In the 1.2, for the small bushes by the side of the road i checked the self-collision parameter to save polygons (and prevent 2 bushes to be almost on the same spot). In that sense, there are less objects (and polygons) indeed, but... they cover almost the same surface visually.

If you prefer the previous ones, you can always replace the main_bushes.kn5.
Although the ground has been slitghly changed in places, and you might have flying ones (we're talking centimeters)

Maybe i'll try to make a new denser version for stronger spec computers ^^

and on parallel, i was waiting for the grass of CSP to be implemented, to save that emptiness with taller dry automated grass maybe

Most of all, thank you for the great work on the LAC!
replace the main_bushes.kn5
I did. It`s working well but another thing is even better - changing the material properties of "terrain_01" and the various trees and bushes to make them blend. With CSP config I managed to get almost the same blend as it was in 1.0 which was spot on. Otherwise the new ones look too bright veg over a dark background, in any weather and time of day.
1.0.jpg

1.2.jpg

Denser versions of the veg models would be sweet! Don`t know about the trending hardware spec`s but mine GTX 1660 runs ~65 % load atm. I reckon it could use some more poly`s. CSP grass seems to be no load at all as it doesn`t grow dense on the LAC terrain... Changing the config forces it to cover all ground but it`s rather ugly and I left it as it was.

i'm limited to the 65k faces when making a chunk of bushes.. and it's very annoying and limiting.
You mean the ksEditor limit I guess but have you considered the option of exporting to .kn5 from 3DSimED? It`s much hated as a ripper`s tool but on the other hand it is often a useful middle in my workflow between Blender and ksEditor. True, it doesn`t understand material properties from the .FBX but the workaround is making a small sample object in ksEditor for adjusting the look of the material and then duplicating it`s values in 3DSimED for the much bigger model.

Last edited:
2way traffic still is a tad borked for me, they crash all the time, sit frozen on track and or just stop driving for no reason? Does anyone have an updated or better hints files etc?

65k ksEditor limit yes
i'll look into 3DSimEd and see what's doable with it

the bushes always look different from the ks_tree, and it's annoying as well. i talked to ilja about, he said he was considering to remove the ks_grass at some point completely, but in LA Canyons' case, well the ks_grass are actual bushes!
ilja wrote a documentation for the grass, i'll give it a try, and maybe update the online config for LAC :)

@Alek I use the default AI FLood, i use track day, i use the hints version that is for v1.2 (has speed limits etc and is only one in la 1.2 discussion thread).

My AI crash ing into walls, and each other and sometimes staying still on road?

How is this different from the recently released two way traffic on the main loop provided by the gold and platinum versions of LAC 1.2 by Phoenix?
If I owned the VIP version I could answer but no, I don`t. Still some other RD member reading this thread could give some more info...
As far as I can gather from the recent post of the Phoenix he did split the road down the middle so no overtaking would happen and the AI`s will drive in queues untill the lanes double.

Last edited:
i use the hints version that is for v1.2 (has speed limits etc and is only one in la 1.2 discussion thread)
Sorry but the thread for LAC is 107 pages now. Better if you attach screen of the hints (Alt+Print Screen -> paste and save in Paint). Or test loading without the hints (rename to "ai_hints.ini-" temporarily), disable "New AI Behavior", use only unmodified cars to test... Hints don`t discriminate between 1.0 and 1.2 of LAC, they work the same.

If your cars are crashing into walls that means you are not using the new traffic. If you are on LAC 1.2 try installing my traffic again. It will not brake any part of the track.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%