Resource icon

Tracks 2-way Traffic Layout for "LA Canyons" new1

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

2-way Traffic Layout for LA Canyons - 2-way Traffic layout for offline roaming the LA Canyons

You heard of it - the BIG pretty track with many uses. Now for a complete experience I`ve done an additional 2-way traffic layout on the main loop for use in Trackday / Weekend. It wasn`t a daunting workout but a pleasant stroll thru the vast and beautiful LA Canyons.
View attachment 325267

View attachment 325268
Installation: unzip the contents of this ".7z" in your...

Read more about this resource...

Wasn't there already an AI mod for this track? Maybe I remember wrong. Anyway, Phoenix77 is close to releasing an update. hope it works on that one too. :)
I should hope so - the main road of every layout is not something easy to change for an update. I`m watching for the track development with pleasant anticipation.

"Oh, those wild AI`s are too fast and crash too often..."
Well, here I`m addressing that issue by preparing a hints file which contains all the speed zones in the 2-way layout as defined by the road signs. Some two lane parts of the course are set free for overtaking, but mostly the AI`s here will drive by the state law. For that you need to put the attached "ai_hints.ini" into "..\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons\2way\data\" folder (remove the .txt extension).

Attachments

• ai_hints.ini.txt
    911 bytes · Views: 674
Last edited:
CM crew.jpg

First and foremost, thanks for these AI lines; I love how I now have adequate competition in the canyons finally! But theres just one small thing. I know you made a new ai hints file for those who believe, "Oh, those wild AI`s are too fast and crash too often..." My only issue is that they really do crash too often, it sucks when I'm chasing down a car only to have them cause a 'Hot Wheels approved' crash in front of me. (lol) My question is, is there anyway you can keep the ai fast as always but crash less often? It feels like no matter how much I adjust the strength and aggression they just always get into wrecks.

anyway you can keep the ai fast as always but crash less often
Man, if you drove the older versions of the game you should know that the final 1.16.3 is a big improvement of the AI. But to make them wise as humans the dev`s couldn`t make it. I noticed that the stupidest mistake the AI makes is choosing the moment to attack the car in front just as I`m about to overtake. This is the trigger that you suffer from and it`s coded in the game`s engine. Sorry, but there is no easy solution. To make matters more complicated - the crashes depend not only on the overall settings for strength and aggression but mainly on the individual level of training of the AI to use each particular car. So the way the ai-lanes are prepared is the least important variable in the equation.
My recommendation is to set strength to 95-100% and aggression to 1%. That`s what I know to work as good as possible.

Last edited:
Hello.
Thank you very much for this great addition to LAC.
It is such a pleasure to blast through the two way traffic with my favorite car.
But because AI is crashing into each other while overtaking, it is impossible to finish a lap no matter how smart you drive.
There is no point for AI to ever go above the actual speed limit or overtake in this 2-way traffic version which is otherwise fantastic to use in CM's track day mode.
Is it possible to set ai_hints.ini file to prevent ai overtaking?
I see you did two way traffic for some other nice tracks too so i thank you for those as well.
Cheers.

Is it possible to set ai_hints.ini file to prevent ai overtaking?
The traffic was not in mind of the dev`s while making the game and as far as I know there is no operand in hints that can prevent the AI from attempting to overtake. Effectively with what we got the "MAXSPEED=" is the closest second, but that means setting the cap low enough to accommodate the slowest of the cars in the run. And even then the AI differs slightly in how they read the limit and some are 1 kph over, some - 1 kph below. You see my trouble here - if I set the limit too low, the fun is gone but the crashes are still there.
On the other hand when making the 2-way for the "LAC" I mostly intended it to work with "AI flood" because of the huge distance. Yes, it would have been nice if the robots could finish a fast lap to compare with your own, but that would mean we`ve cracked a problem that Google coudn`t even after spending millions of dollars. And for the purpose of that attempts I would need to make a whole new fresh lines, but that will happen after the LAC v1.2 is out.
If it helps I can tell you that with 170 kph cap the best trained AI makes the full double loop in 40 min, the average AI - 55 min and the worst - never.
Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
few collisions that i had along the way
That F40 is not easy to drive but you can, bravo! Meanwhile I`ve been experimenting with
Code:
[DANGER_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
LEFT=2.5
RIGHT=
for the "ai_hints.ini". Try adding it to get less crossing the double yellow from the AI.
And to get less AI`s spawned further away from the road try in "AI flood" to set the "Horizontal offset..." to 0%. That collision at 13.21 in the video was the AI veering probably to avoid another spawned in the grass. But even at default the fun is there. Just don`t go like that on the real road.
Cheers!

It works pretty good. They do overtake but they move back to their lane much sooner than before.
Horizontal offset 0 also helped i think.
I tried with 10 ai cars and the spread was very realistic.
Cheers!

Hi all

I have some problems with the Ai on trackday..... some of the Ai cars driving but lot of them just standing around and do not move. I have installed all the stuff properly.
Dont know whats the problem?
Unfortunately this behavior i see also an Transfagarasan?
Is this general problem of AC or track specific?

I am far away from that what we can see on the video above with the F40...

Edit: Replaced the ai_hints file also from post above but its the same. Doesnt matter if there is an modded or original Kunos car....

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing