Resource icon

Tracks 2-way Traffic Layout for "LA Canyons" new1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi @alekabul

I’m using this text file from you, which doesn’t help the AI not crash, but they still fly off the road and stop mid drive.

I use defaults for AI behaviour, so I guess it’s enabled by default, do you suggest to disable?

I also use default track day settings, AI 100 for Both strength and aggression.

With the speed limit file, it makes a drastic improvement as I mentioned, but they still randomly freeze around the track, get stuck, crash etc.

Do you think this is related to having new ai behaviour enabled? Do you think i should just turn it off in general And go back to normal AC AI?

Hi @alekabul

I’m using this text file from you, which doesn’t help the AI not crash, but they still fly off the road and stop mid drive.

I use defaults for AI behaviour, so I guess it’s enabled by default, do you suggest to disable?

I also use default track day settings, AI 100 for Both strength and aggression.

With the speed limit file, it makes a drastic improvement as I mentioned, but they still randomly freeze around the track, get stuck, crash etc.

Do you think this is related to having new ai behaviour enabled? Do you think i should just turn it off in general And go back to normal AC AI?
Now, I suppose you placed that "ai_hints.ini.txt" file in the "..\content\tracks\la_canyons\2way\data\" folder and removed the .txt so it is named "ai_hints.ini". After that the AI`s would drive no faster than the limits from the signs and can`t "fly off the road". Yes, I`m suggesting that you test if it helps to change this
AIs.jpg

Add only unmodified cars using filter like
onlyKs.jpg

It may read "buggy" but at least works fine for me
CSP.jpg

so change versions of the CSP, reload the CM and the game and see the difference. Then i would recommend to keep the version that works until the next stable CSP or some other problem that you may solve by updating.

Last edited:
There was an autocorrect issue in my last post, by adding the file i linked to, it’s “DOES” help the AI from crashing off the road, but it’s doesn’t solve it entirely. (My last post said doesn’t - autocorrect issue)

I will test with new AI behaviour off.
Ini file is located in the correct location and named correctly.
I’ll try new AI behaviour and see I feel that’s the problem.

Hat exactly does new ai behaviour do?
Thank again,

There was an autocorrect issue in my last post, by adding the file i linked to, it’s “DOES” help the AI from crashing off the road, but it’s doesn’t solve it entirely. (My last post said doesn’t - autocorrect issue)

I will test with new AI behaviour off.
Ini file is located in the correct location and named correctly.
I’ll try new AI behaviour and see I feel that’s the problem.

Hat exactly does new ai behaviour do?
Thank again,
The new AI behaviour controls the AI flood (spawning all AI`s near you) and prevents them from entering "retired" state in which they only wait for the race to end. Seems that the new versions of CSP have got many people disappointed when they tried to load traffic in AC. Start troubleshooting by changing back to CSP 1.36.

• Deleted member 197115

If I owned the VIP version I could answer but no, I don`t. Still some other RD member reading this thread could give some more info...
As far as I can gather from the recent post of the Phoenix he did split the road down the middle so no overtaking would happen and the AI`s will drive in queues untill the lanes double.
Anybody else compared both?

Having trouble with this mod, I keep getting "la_canyons: track not found"
Any ideas? Ive just extracted the zip file into my tracks folder
Well, see if you have a subfolder "la_canyons" in "..\content\tracks\la_canyons\". If you unzipped this download into the track`s folder "..\content\tracks\la_canyons\" instead of "..\content\tracks\" then you have to move all from "\content\tracks\la_canyons\la_canyons" to "..\content\tracks\la_canyons\"

I corrected the description now to avoid any more such problems.

Just doesn't work. no ai spline after following all directions. even on CSP 1.36
Can you attach here a screen of the error message? "Print Screen" and save as jpg...
I will try to make it work for you.

Make sure you have
lac AI.jpg

and then select "LAC - Traffic 2-Way" for the Track day.

Last edited:
the replay it flickers so much

Unfortunately the game has this feature - it switches the cameras because the car changes lanes and that in 2-way layout is perceived as changing direction. If it were possible to adjust a delay for that it would fix it but I'm not aware if it is doable at all. The F3 cams work better if you use them with AI cars because they don't change lanes very fast. That's the main purpose of preparing it.

LACanyon v1.2, CSP v0.1.60
driving in 'Trackday' mode

'New AI Behaviour' causes traffic jams.
Is there a way to make the faster AI overtake slower AI (in 2Way Traffic mode) while watching out for oncoming traffic (ai_hints 'Danger' heading maybe). I am not able to figure out how to make the AI 'engage' an overtake.

CSP v0.1.60

First of all I'm down to CSP 0.1.59 because of black screen bug of the newer version. So I can't test exactly what it does with the "New AI Behaviour". But as far as my experience goes with the traffic in all previous versions and tracks, there's no way to prevent head-on collisions other than restraining the AI to use only one lane and that defeats the whole purpose of making the 2-way layouts. I've used the "DANGER" hints and you may try adding
[DANGER_0]
START=0
END=1
LEFT=2.5
RIGHT=
into "..\content\tracks\la_canyons\2way\data\ai_hints.ini". It makes the AI very cautious of overtaking but it still will attempt driving in the wrong lane and meddling the overtakes causes even more collisions.
My recommendation is to construct the traffic of AI's that are very different in P/W ratio and top speed so the overtaking is done as swift as possible. Be very cautious when approaching a queue from behind as the moment for initiating an overtake is chosen by the AI in relation to your approach. That way you may provoke a collision or prevent it if you keep a small distance when you see oncoming traffic ahead. And the distance also keeps you mostly safe from the crashes.

Thank You so very much for your response.
Also (i don't intend to be pestering), could you be please kind enough to explain as to what the 'LEFT' & 'RIGHT' values do for [DANGER] ?
As in what parameters does it consider?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back