Resource icon

Misc 2-way Traffic layout for "High Force" + seasons_water_grass_wetFX New_for_1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

2-way Traffic layout for "High Force" + seasons_water_grass_wetFX - Working pits, AI lines, full seasons, some lighting, etc...

Fine english country roads. In Assetto they can be used with really high force cars to try a fast lap. I`ve seen ~40 min for the double loop which is comparable with the LA Canyons. Mind you, in this one there`s no space for slacking. Unless you put on the "slow ai_hints" included in "data" you gonna have a very competitive AI. Or if you put on the "fast ai_hints" the robots are going to ignore even the speed limits in towns. Also included in "data" are the dry and wet variants of the...

Read more about this resource...

CM crash and reports "AI spline is missing or broken" in trackday mode to put the traffic on the road, at least for me...

Edit: Solved with drop the content of "traffic" folder in the main circuit folder.

Quite an achievement! Good practice for driving on the wrong side of the road in case I ever visit the UK! ;)

One thing about the AI though -- the very first time I slowed way down to experience being passed, the AI car behind me slowed down and didn't initiate the pass until the exact moment that another AI car approached from the opposite direction -- Head-on Collision!

didn't initiate the pass until the exact moment that another AI car approached from the opposite direction -- Head-on Collision
Sorry for the bad draw of luck:cool: Mine first try with traffic (Mt. Akina) was much smoother than expected. And to add a measure to the problem - just now tried a refresher, a quick race in PCars2 and my, those AI`s of theirs are dumb! Only thing they do better is reversing to go around an obstacle. But I lost count of how many times I`ve being rammed in the back on The Nords...

Don`t let this experience scare you. Driving in the UK is much safer and even more fun as I remember it from my LHD gutless car.

mine says in CM track not found, installed as directed but confused what to do to get it to work plus what to do with the .7z files in data.
Track does show up in CM just not found.

Track does show up in CM just not found
The track must be installed and present for my layout to work. It looks like this when installed
hf.jpg

Use the link in the description to download the track. In "data" for the traffic I put the variants of hints and traction that can be used if you replace the "ai_hints.ini" or "surfaces.ini" with the ones from the .7z
PS. Every layout shows up in the loader but it doesn`t mean the track`s files are in place.

alekabul submitted a new resource:

2-way Traffic layout for "High Force" + seasons_water_grass_wetFX - Working pits, AI lines, full seasons, some lighting, etc...

Read more about this resource...

Fantastic work. Would you happen to have created a single loop AI spline? I am trying to put together a set of cameras and have not been able to create a workable AI loop for these purposes. I have experimented with your two way AI but crossing over lanes confuses AC as to which point on the spline to reference and hence which camera to show.

Fantastic work. Would you happen to have created a single loop AI spline? I am trying to put together a set of cameras and have not been able to create a workable AI loop for these purposes. I have experimented with your two way AI but crossing over lanes confuses AC as to which point on the spline to reference and hence which camera to show.
I haven`t done singles since this one gives both directions. Which method are you using for the cameras? This app seems to be working.

I have done some experiments with hints file.
Ai ignores DANGER completely.
I don't know about others but for me with 10 ai in track day, they crash a lot in oncoming cars from opposite direction because of their overtake attempts.
To stop this and make them hold their lane, i would suggest you to try making different track boundaries.
Since you can make only two lines, i would make them double. Before closing the loop by crossing finish line, turn around and continue recording but on the middle of the road. Like a divider.

Before closing the loop by crossing finish line, turn around and continue recording but on the middle of the road. Like a divider
To better grasp this concept I would need at least a small sample. The middle of the road does not hold 2-way AI sidelines even when made with "AI Line Helper" so it was not possible to separate lanes that way. The thing that may separate lanes in High Force is editing of the roads to make two separate physics roads and that is a big undertaking. Or creating a center line (physics), which I have yet to learn. So on that last one I would appreciate some help.

Meanwhile give a try loading with AI flood disabled or increase distances in AI flood settings.

Hey, I am having an issue where the cars just stop after a while and restarting the session doesn't fix it, do you have any idea why this might be happening? When it's working though it's the best sim racing experience I've ever had!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%