Resource icon

Misc 2-way Traffic layout for "High Force" + seasons_water_grass_wetFX New_for_1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Here's what CM says after failing to launch:

Error might have something to do with:

AC\spinner.cpp (244): ksgui::Spinner::setValue
AC\pythonfunctions.h (1461): ac_setValue
AC\pyplugin.cpp (71): PyPlugin::update
AC\game.cpp (261): Game::update
AC\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

what CM says after failing to launch

Are you with CSP, Sol and many mod cars and custom apps? I am and CSP 0.1.59, Sol 1.5.1 and other stuff loads the traffic in track day ok. Can't tell from that part of the log what is the matter. Try loading with an official car in practice from the pits and if it crashes, try repeating the install of this layout as described in the overview.

Hey @alekabul I have been driving with this mod almost every day since I got it and I'm loving it! I wanted to ask though is there a way to make the traffic spawn in front of you going towards you? I figured you might know the answer cause you have made a lot of ai traffic mods for different tracks.

make the traffic spawn in front of you going towards you

To speed up the dispersal of the AI you need to do some U-turns in the beginning of the session. The AI flood in CSP works fine if you set the New AI Behavior > Min Distance to Player > 150 or more and by driving in opposite directions you can make it use both lanes earlier.

To speed up the dispersal of the AI you need to do some U-turns in the beginning of the session. The AI flood in CSP works fine if you set the New AI Behavior > Min Distance to Player > 150 or more and by driving in opposite directions you can make it use both lanes earlier.
The U-turning method definitely helped, thank you! But there still doesn't seem to be that much traffic going towards me (I'm trying to simulate rush hour essentially). To fix that I changed the "spawn at" setting to 150, 150 and there's a lot of AI, but they keep trying to overtake and headon with each other. I think if the overtaking could be fixed the experience would be perfect but I imagine this one is out of our reach, isn't it? Anyways thanks for your time, you're amazing! :)

simulate rush hour essentially

With a little tinkering in settings
rush.jpg

and a hint

[DANGER_0]
START=0
END=1
LEFT=0.5
RIGHT=2.06

the traffic can start to act like a bad case of after work rush hour - everyone's tired, angry and in a hurry.

The main thing with the AI flood and the number of oncoming cars is this - your car's center of gravity is the anchor for the flood to determine where to spawn the AI. So if you drive mostly in the left lane, the spawned cars also are in there and going your way (hopefully in a queue). If you alternate between lanes - traffic is varied and more fun. If you drive more in the wrong lane - traffic will become mostly oncoming. In the exact moment of respawning AI flood takes bearing on your position.

The number of AI cars and "Min distance to AI" is very important too. With the settings shown above I drove pretty well amidst a selection of 12-18 cars. Less is better than many more because going to extreme density causes jams and the CPU struggles a lot. When <12 cars are selected, decreasing the "Min distance to AI" gives perception of the same high density of the traffic. The newer CSP has the shuffling of car colors working and that makes for great looking traffic even with a dozen cars.

Hi guys
I maybe just missing something, ive installed to high force track + traffic ive put the file in tracks after unzipping it. so all good but when i load the game it will not let me select the traffic option see in picture its not highlighted can someone help me?

Desktop Screenshot 2021.01.17 - 20.03.39.24.png

alekabul updated 2-way Traffic layout for "High Force" + seasons_water_grass_wetFX with a new update entry:

Improved lines in 2 flavours, additional physics for true free roam

View attachment 456499

The small driveways and opened gates looked too tempting and I reshaped the physics on the track so now we can have the ability to do some off-roading as well. And speaking of it - better to use the appropriate vehicles when you intend to roam the hills. Long travel and strong dampers in the suspension, AWD, grippy tires, etc.

View attachment 456495View attachment 456496

The traffic has better side lines and the AI don't wobble...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The track must be installed and present for my layout to work. It looks like this when installed
View attachment 346770

Really wanted to get this mod working, but I've not been able to. Tried CM and manual installs. It breaks my high force- crashing on launch. CM says may be missing AIspline. Game just says "unexpected error"

Had to delete and reinstall high-force to get it working again.

The mod contains 1under and roam kn5 files that are not present in pic above?

Gone back to the original version with 2-way traffic (and ly993 lights .ini mod) as I cant live without this track :) . Currently on Sol 1.72.

Any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated.

Last edited:
not present in pic above
That old screen shows the previous version of the traffic. In the new1 I thought I included all files that need to be added to the track for the two layouts to work when added to a clean track. Now I see that "traffic.kn5" is missing in the new upload. It is the same model as the old one and is not crucial for the loading so it is not the cause of your issues. Without "traffic.kn5" all cars start from the parking lot instead of the three points on the map. I will reupload the new1 with corrected content but for the "Unexpected error" that will make no difference. Some of the CSP and CM settings are causing it. Or a mod car with bad data. Try loading the traffic in track day with CSP switched off and Kunos cars only. If that works, next try to update CSP. The v 0.1.72 was problematic on my PC as it caused some tracks to literally disintegrate (i.e. Provence Alps) and others to stop loading. In the short time I had it I didn't attempt to load High Force so I'm guessing a bit.
If the previous suggestions don't work - try to load with CSP on and disable my "extension" settings by renaming the folder "..\content\tracks\highforce\traffic\extension\" to "extension-".

Last edited:
alekabul updated 2-way Traffic layout for "High Force" + seasons_water_grass_wetFX with a new update entry:

included the "traffic.kn5" which I forgot, sorry.

NOTE 21-Mar-2021: I re-uploaded the update with corrected mistake. I forgot to include the "traffic.kn5" model which is needed for the clean install if you want the traffic to start from the three different spots on the map rather than the parking lot only.

If you are adding the contents of the new1 to your previous traffic version it already has the "traffic.kn5" and there's no need to repeat the install with this zip.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can you make trafic for black cat county short 2 and 4 lane please?
What's wrong with this one?

If you want to use only part of the course and have AI always around - use AI flood

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back