Resource icon

Misc 2-way Traffic layout for "Fonteny" new1

Login or Register an account to download this content
It has worked for me from the vanilla launcher with about 20 opponents on race weekend (just running practice session).

In order to get the AI cars to behave more realistically at realistic speeds, I've modified your ai_hints file as attached.

Here's what was changed:

[HINT_0]
START=0.001
END=0.777
VALUE=0.667

[DANGER_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
LEFT=0.6
RIGHT=

[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
VALUE=110

[BRAKEHINT_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
VALUE=0.500

The HINT value tells them to never exceed 66% of the speed they think they're capable of handling in a corner (no vans doing 65mph hairpins)

MAXSPEED tells them not to go over 110 kph

BRAKEHINT value tells them to not exceed more than 50% brake power, which means they slow earlier and softer (much more realistically)

so now they take corners at reasonable speeds, brake early enough and not like maniacs, and keep to a decent top speed. They still pass each other, sometimes in stupid places but this hits the most realistic AI traffic I've seen yet

I think the DANGER thing is about where to pass. it might need toning down, but I need to experiment some more

For anyone that enjoys AI drives like I do, hopefully this will be nice for you, too.

Spot on mate, you've done a great job :thumbsup:
Here's a video a create using your Ai Hints

Last edited:
Just a quick suggestion, why not use the 60 pit from the tourist version? Or just delete the barriers using that one?
If you need more than 39 AI you can edit "..\content\tracks\fonteny\ui\2way\ui_track.json" and change from "pitboxes": "40" to "pitboxes": "80". Each pit can service 2 cars and when AI flood is On there will not be a long line at the pits.

Yeah but what about online?
What about it? This layout is meant for Track day. Not 100 % sure but the 2 cars in each pit is a feature in the game engine and should work the same online. If not - ask Fat Alfie for additional freeroam layout with 60+40 pits (or scattered along the course) and no barriers. I won't release such edit of his track in spite his hate towards my work so far.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%