Resource icon

Tracks 2-way traffic for "The Isle Of Man TT", seasons, lighting, horizon and physics patches 2019-12-16

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

2-way traffic for "The Isle Of Man TT", seasons, lighting, horizon and physics patches - Fast course with traffic from AI in track day. Config for CSP and Sol.

This race course makes good exercise for quick reflexes in critical situations when cars move both ways, or laid back drive observing how robots are racing around you. Either way it gives a lot of pleasure and the mood-setting visuals are right with the help of CSP and Sol.

View attachment 339156View attachment 339153View attachment 339175
Install: unzip and place...

Read more about this resource...

no spectators there
I tend to like more the roads when they look like everyday drive that they are. And for the purposes of the traffic layouts I would have been tempted to hide the crowds even if they were there. It`s a matter of personal preference.
To instill a sense of occasion and life try "Balloon Fiesta add-on" and maybe tweak some of the values for dispersing the objects. I will have a go at it as well and post here some configs.
Cheers!

Hi,
Thank U!
Those your settings of AI flood. Are they working good at most tracks for U?
Mine experience was quite "silly" for now with AI flood. It's seems to be more, like it simply not working (almost not working)
With best.

Are they working good at most tracks
Yes, I only like to adjust the "Min distance to player" value in accordance to how speedy is the track. The very fast layouts need more than 80 m so I set it at 150-200-250 to give the AI space to join the pack. And to give myself a break, too...
The thing that bugs me about the flood is only the "Shuffle colors" never works.
Peace!

will have a go at it as well and post here some configs.
As promised I tested and adjusted the fiesta to fill the track with more life.

Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_the_isle_of_man_tt_17-12-119-4-4-23.jpg
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_the_isle_of_man_tt_17-12-119-4-27-19.jpg
Screenshot_lotus_2_eleven_the_isle_of_man_tt_17-12-119-3-21-19.jpg

Attached is the zipped "models_traffic.ini" which can work with the add-on from @Mascot . If you want it the install is simple - get the fiesta from the link above, extract all "*.kn5" files from it in track`s folder and then replace the "models_traffic.ini" with the one from inside this zip after removing the ".txt" in the name.

Attachments

• models_traffic.7z.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 163
Looks like fun! Few things, tho - I don`t hear a peep or screech from the rear tire and secondly, I am wondering if this game provides good FFB. If so the idea of DIY project for adapting real motorcycle handles with clamps on the ffb wheel (just a tad lower than "3" and "9" positions) is worth a try.

Looks like fun! Few things, tho - I don`t hear a peep or screech from the rear tire and secondly, I am wondering if this game provides good FFB. If so the idea of DIY project for adapting real motorcycle handles with clamps on the ffb wheel (just a tad lower than "3" and "9" positions) is worth a try.
I'm show you this vid (not mine) not as about game or somewhat, but to look at details of track. Only.

either just stop or have head on crashes
Please be more specific - stop where and when? As for the collisions - it`s inevitable due to the game design Each and every AI scans the area ahead at much lower rate and distance then necessary for registering and avoiding very fast approaching objects. The best they can manage is avoiding still obstacles at near top speed, which is still very impressive. If you look long enough you will spot an instance where the combined speed of the opposite cars is below the max speed of either one and the collision is avoided by swerving. The hard limiting of speed on the course by editing "..\content\tracks\the_isle_of_man_tt\traffic\data\ai_hints.ini" can provide more such occasions but takes away too much of the action and I tend to avoid using
Code:
[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
VALUE=130

If you want to try it - paste the code inside the "ai_hints.ini", save and go for a drive. The crashes will be much rarer.

hello. no working for me.
message is: Ai spline might be missing or broken.
thanks
That usually means the models of the track you are using are different than the ones the splines were made for. Since the "The Isle Of Man TT" is released only in v1.0 it may help if you clean-reinstall the track and repeat the install of my add-on. I will advise against using the CM for the installs, just unzip and place the contents in the "..\content\tracks\" folder of the AC game. All the contents of my package is needed for the traffic layout to load.
Cheers!

Hi this is pretty cool but the ai seem to either just stop or have head on crashes with eachother?
Yes, or edit "ai_hints" or select cars with not Much power and they should be close to each other. 200-300Hp range, 150-200Hp range and etc.. Like in life, lot of powerful cars in traffic - more chances of crashes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.7%